Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 18:51:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tanker terminals  (Read 4070 times)

skippbh

• Forum member
Tanker terminals
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:08:11 »

A small request please to VSTEP for SS10. The only properly finished tanker terminal in SS08 is Fawley (Solent)
The Rotterdam Europort oil terminals opposite the deep water container terminal are missing altogether. The refinery pier in Frisco is included, but not finished. Hamburg has nothing. Its bad enough that VSTEP gave us a VLCC tanker too large for most terminals, but can we at least have some shore side discharging gantries and mooring piers/positions at these ports?

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
Re: Tanker terminals
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:13:56 »

There is a tanker terminal in Martinez but i dont know if vstep modeled up that far in the river in SF, try going upward by angel island and the Benicia bridge this in the SF enviourment

skippbh

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:23:39 »

VSTEP put a pier just before Red Rock and the St. Rafael Bridge in San Francisco. That's the refinery pier.
Nothing on the berth!

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 05:26:40 »

well couldnt tell you but i do remember a mission where the latitude was at a large dock with pipes and all that, i dont remember where it was though it might be a custom mission

skippbh

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 05:39:31 »

Yep, that was Fawley, Southampton (Solent enviro).

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 05:44:14 »

Yha see i realy dont pilot tankers only Ocean Star and Elbe and POR

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 16:52:08 »

Heh, you think you have no place to moor?

The only port yet to be included in the Ship Simulator series where the Titanic ever made a stop is Southampton, but her passenger terminal has disappeared and been replaced with a cargo terminal after roughly 100 years!

Then there's New York, where Pier 59, where she was headed, was a challenge in itself to find! White Star Line went out of business, the pier itself was renumbered to Pier 60 due to, if I remember correctly, a fire that took place some time in the thirties, then the piers were shortened due to World War 2, and then at some point during or after all of this, it was converted into a leisure spot that only moors small yachts, with the building itself yet to be rendered in Ship Sim.

In other words, Titanic completely lacks a proper place to moor! :doh:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 16:56:52 by RMS Gigantic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines