Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 14:18:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New game or upgrade?  (Read 6304 times)

GoSpeed

• Forum member
New game or upgrade?
« on: June 07, 2010, 19:40:05 »

Will Extremes be a whole new simulator or will incorporate ships and maps from a previous install of Ship Simulator 2008? I'm curious because I am contemplating purchasing this game and would hate to buy the "old" version.

TJK

Re: New game or upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 19:42:06 »

HI
It will be a totally new game, see video here www.shipsim.com

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 20:52:53 »

Hi GoSpeed, and welcome to the forum!

Although the game will be a totally new installment with a radical new look aswell, there will also be environments and ships in it, that are currently also in SS08.

This is not to 'sell something old a second time around', but because you can simply not get rid of the things that people love. Taking out any of the beloved ships is already hard enough, or people's favorite environments, so nope, it will not all be new content only.

So just like with other simulation games, like MS Flight simulator, the game will be all new, but still featuring old content aswell as totally new content, though overhauled and better than before.

Hope that also helps.

Regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 20:56:22 by Mad_Fred »

GoSpeed

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 21:05:25 »

Thanks for the welcome aboard Fred  :) . I'll probably wait for the new game to come out in August. I'm reminded of the of the flight sim called IL2:Sturmovik. A newer version came out and it incorporated all the content of the previous game. Are there fan sites or photo pools dedicated to this game?

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 21:22:53 »

You're very welcome!  :thumbs:

I am a great fan of the IL2 series myself aswell and have all installments, and I used to be part of a virtual squadron and take part in the online dynamic wars that were going on via hyperlobby, if you're familiar with that.

Unfortunatly I got less and less time to play due to work, back then, and ended up in the shipsim genre later, though I still occasionally play IL2.

Indeed it did always incorporate all the old content when they came out with a new version. I liked that aspect a lot!

There are some fansites out there I bet, but I have never really been a part of any of those, only our own site wiht the squadron, and it's been years since I was part of that, so I don't know where to send you. google will help though, I bet.  ;D

Regards,
Fred

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 21:27:59 »

I have a hunch he may mean this game, Fred.. ;D

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 21:49:10 »

If you did mean ShipSimulator GoSpeed, then I will give you a little link where it lists a few "virtual companies" and fansite  :thumbs:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,13927.0.html

Even though there are only seven sites there, there are quite a few more which are new or going to start up, like I recall a very interesting one called "JM Ferry" starting up.

To be honest I'm surprised there aren't more virtual companies out there named after real comapnies, like there is Greenpeace Virtual which is one, but there arent any others!   Like no Carnival Cruises Virtual or anything, it's quite strange!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 21:50:52 »

Possibly, salty..

Though I kinda read the last sentence to be in relation to the rest of the post.. so.. hence my probable mistake.  ;D

my bad!

Fred

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 22:40:10 »

It's a bit confusing, could be my bad..  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines