Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 07:49:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: titanic interrior plans?  (Read 7165 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
titanic interrior plans?
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:18:59 »

when the website had the old look, i read something like this ''and there are also plans to open up the interrior of the titanic''

is this still continuing?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: titanic interrior plans?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:19:57 »

Some of it is though, second class staircase ;D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 17:01:04 »

i mean WHOLE interrior, not just necesairy routes  ;)

shipmania2007

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 17:03:46 »

>:(Probely Not >:(
;) I love this game

saken41

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 17:08:13 »

I heard that the whole interior will be complete, but I don't know when. I heard that 2006 on the old Ship Simulator Forum :).

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 17:38:12 »

isn't it supposed to open a restaurant on the Titanic?
I think I have seen pictures of it here on the forum ;) 

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 17:54:24 »

yeah, you can see a sign say's that it will open soon ''cafe palmcourt restaurant''

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 18:42:05 »

Question for a mod about this.

Will there be a new part opened of the Titanic with the patch or not??

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 20:06:30 »

Question for a mod about this.

Will there be a new part opened of the Titanic with the patch or not??

Hi!  :)

I don't know. I haven't heard of any new area on the Titanic so I don't think there will be a new part opened.

Regards
groennegaard

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 20:32:27 »

Hi!  :)

I don't know. I haven't heard of any new area on the Titanic so I don't think there will be a new part opened.

Regards
groennegaard

Thanks for the quick awnser groennegaard!

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 20:37:57 »

You are very welcome Maik!  :)

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 22:37:29 »

This will be interesting when the Titanic got 700 000 polygons before plus all this interior.
There must be a smart way in this game that makes a computer render so many polygons including scenery environment like waves. :)

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 06:58:23 »

Yes in 2015 when we got supercomputers :D

My guesse is that the developers will try to create the titanic bit by bit. In 2006 you got only the upper deck. Now in 2008 you get the stern to and a little of the interiour of the stairs to that deck.

They are planning on making the cafe ready, that place where the poster hang  with opening soon;)

And I think that the next new interiour will be seen in ship sim 2009/2010? Depends on when it comes out.

But don't hold me on this I only think it will be this way!

Britannic

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 15:14:00 »

Jesus, Guys~as Maik said, the only thing you'd get from extra rooms is a BIG SLOWDOWN-even on these new hootsey snooty 3ghz dual c machines. Maybe in 10 year time, but not now! The Caf'e would be a nice addition, though. But NOTHING else! Not unless we want a frame rate of 3 for titanic to become 'speedy'!  :)

thanks, Sly
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 15:33:30 »

Jesus, Guys~as Maik said, the only thing you'd get from extra rooms is a BIG SLOWDOWN-even on these new hootsey snooty 3ghz dual c machines. Maybe in 10 year time, but not now! The Caf'e would be a nice addition, though. But NOTHING else! Not unless we want a frame rate of 3 for titanic to become 'speedy'!  :)

thanks, Sly

Yes, the whole interior would slow down peoples computers, however an option to turn off certain areas to improve game performance could be an option. Just a thought though..
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Maik

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 15:36:29 »

Yes, the whole interior would slow down peoples computers, however an option to turn off certain areas to improve game performance could be an option. Just a thought though..

Wouldn't that be a long option list :D

Cabin 1
Cabin 2
etc. etc.

Wouldn't work that great I think.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 15:43:55 »

Wouldn't that be a long option list :D

Cabin 1
Cabin 2
etc. etc.

Wouldn't work that great I think.

I didn't mean it on a scale like that. Perhaps in say 4/5 sections. Desks perhaps? Turn off the deck you don't want to show in the game to improve game performance.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 18:21:12 »

thanks, Sly

The od game "Titanic, Adventure out of time" had a lot of areas open, and it ran well on my 75mhz pentium II with 24 mbyte EDO ram. It could just be a question of what area the computer had to take into the memory. Once inside the wessel it would not use power to render water.

Also even if a room is opened it would not require all details like flowers in the vases, plates in the restaurant etc.

Suggestion is: open the exiting rooms first and then add the others one by one. When computers are getting fast enough then add details in the rooms. 

Ship Sim

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 07:50:41 »

This will be interesting when the Titanic got 700 000 polygons before plus all this interior.
There must be a smart way in this game that makes a computer render so many polygons including scenery environment like waves. :)
They could have it where when yo go inside the ship. The screen goes black. Inside scenery loads. then you appear inside the ship bu only the inside is there. And when you exit it dose the same thing agin. ;)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 09:10:48 »

thanks, Sly

k..., i am working on a 3d titanic project for the game: mafia, i done a lot of decks include a lot of poligons (more then 70.000 polys per each deck), include 3d walls like in SS08 textures, working doors, and chairs benches sofa's closets, mashinery, all that works smooth on my computer. ;)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 09:12:37 »

The od game "Titanic, Adventure out of time" had a lot of areas open, and it ran well on my 75mhz pentium II with 24 mbyte EDO ram. It could just be a question of what area the computer had to take into the memory. Once inside the wessel it would not use power to render water.

Also even if a room is opened it would not require all details like flowers in the vases, plates in the restaurant etc.

Suggestion is: open the exiting rooms first and then add the others one by one. When computers are getting fast enough then add details in the rooms. 

but titanic adventure out of time used only BMP images, it was a 2d game, not a 3d one, that makes a lot of diffrence

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:15 »

Yeah I also think that this is the way the game engine handle those things by simply hiding objects that are not visible for the single player camera (or the walk-trough) camera.
So when you are at one deck that deck will probably be visible and other decks hidden until you move to another deck. Pretty smart stuff! ;D I know that Virtual Sailor use something similar. So that means that it is possible to add full interior to such large ship, but we will probably not see this until 2008/2009.

I’m looking forward to DX10 graphics in this game whenever that will arrive. 8)

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 10:18:48 »

They could have it where when yo go inside the ship. The screen goes black. Inside scenery loads. then you appear inside the ship bu only the inside is there. And when you exit it dose the same thing agin. ;)

Very great thought Mr. ShipSim ;D Ofcourse they can autmatically load a new scene, where only the inside of the ship is loaded. I guess there are so many ways these fantastic games can handle complex stuff today 8)

Al Bundy

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 10:45:41 »

but titanic adventure out of time used only BMP images, it was a 2d game, not a 3d one, that makes a lot of diffrence

Indeed but there is also a lot difference between that 75Mhz and my current 3,06 Ghz. But as I said it does not have to be so detailed from the start, and it can load the room you enter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines