Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 09:49:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Any news about SSE, VSTEP?  (Read 47721 times)

SHIPPY67

• Forum member
Re: Any news about SSE, VSTEP?
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 14:29:18 »

Yay my birthdays in august :evil:

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 16:30:15 »

So much for the shipyard add-ons until the game is released...  :doh:

August...

I can't wait that long...

darkcapilla

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 16:47:17 »

I only say this the next time VSTEP say nothing until the game is not complete development. and have two years of delays and now this is unbearable. >:( Seems to play with us. instead of being called Ship Simulator 2010
is called the game (which never came).

TJK

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2010, 17:10:39 »

and have two years of delays

where do you have that from? maybe a god thing to follow watt be say on www.shipsim.com that are the safety place to get info about the new SSE

TJK

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2010, 17:21:29 »

So much for the shipyard add-ons until the game is released...  :doh:

August...

I can't wait that long...

Ferryman, don't bother...   Lets go back to development of our Ferry Simulator Extremes.  You know, we must release it before SSE comes out, so that we'll divert all their costumers to play our simulator.

I only say this the next time VSTEP say nothing until the game is not complete development. and have two years of delays and now this is unbearable. >:( Seems to play with us. instead of being called Ship Simulator 2010
is called the game (which never came).

I have a strong feeling that Shipaddict will come here in a few minutes & deliver his words of wisdom about how it's worth to wait.
keep it gnarly

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2010, 17:43:44 »

Haha nope, I'm just as eager to know more as you guys are :P

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2010, 17:45:58 »

Haha nope, I'm just as eager to know more as you guys are :P

So no news in this months ShipSim Mag?

MVEsperanza

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2010, 17:48:07 »

Good news: VSTEP are still estimating a release date in August.

oh yay agust as we all waited for how many months now Realy i mean come on How long has it been?
Summer 2009 to Winter 2009 to Q1 2010 to Q2 2010 to Q3 2010 i realy going to just foget about this game i mena this is taking forever come on why dont you just stay with July or June (End of June) Realy i mean seriously the least they could do is give us more info on the SSE I mean this is realy getting anoying

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2010, 17:55:36 »

Good news: VSTEP are still estimating a release date in August.

That should be in the "Joke of the day" topic.  The whole SSE thing is a joke, a mirage...
keep it gnarly

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2010, 17:59:01 »

So no news in this months ShipSim Mag?

Haven't heard anything from VSTEP, dev diaries and such normally only come in a few days before release :)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2010, 18:01:54 »

When is the release date?

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2010, 18:06:10 »

Who knows?!? Well, not before August, as far as we can read from some moderators here. :'(
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2010, 18:11:15 »

Who knows?!? Well, not before August, as far as we can read from some moderators here. :'(

hehe, no I meant the magazine  ;D

The August date was confirmed in todays E-Mail

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2010, 18:16:52 »

When is the release date?

24th May all being well :)

mvsmith

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2010, 19:07:24 »

oh yay agust as we all waited for how many months now Realy i mean come on How long has it been?
Summer 2009 to Winter 2009 to Q1 2010 to Q2 2010 to Q3 2010 i realy going to just foget about this game i mena this is taking forever come on why dont you just stay with July or June (End of June) Realy i mean seriously the least they could do is give us more info on the SSE I mean this is realy getting anoying

VSTEP have never given a definite release date, only estimates based on the scope of the project as it was then understood. Anyone who has been involved in a software development project of that size understands that it is not possible to know when it can be released until it is completed and tested.
Beta testing has not begun. It should require at least two months. Testing may uncover problems that require additional time to fix, or may necessitate dropping certain features. That is one very good reason for VSTEP not to talk about things that might not end up in the release.
Extremes is a major departure from previous simulators, involving a new architecture and user interface. Unlike the previous Betas for NH and Pro, where testers were working with a familiar simulator that they knew, basically, how to run and what to expect, Extremes is a new ballgame.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2010, 19:12:10 »

The August date was confirmed in todays E-Mail

Spot the word which is probably incorrect. Yes, that's right. The incorrect word is 'confirmed'. I would also let you have 'August'.
Almost never here, try here.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2010, 22:44:19 »

todays?

could use an apostrophy perhaps, yeah.   ;D

Mattaust

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2010, 03:24:08 »

I'm just hoping i'm wrong but this is what i'm starting to believe..

I am starting to believe that Vstep will keeps this game on low profile as there may not be Tons of more features for SSE, also all i know is that there'll be more ships, a few more environments and a better weather system.. What else?..

It's release date definitely wont be as big as SS08, because they had a forum months before the game came out. So isn't this saying something?..

mvsmith

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2010, 04:00:55 »

So isn't this saying something?..

No.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2010, 06:58:26 »

Marty has quite a way with words..  ;)

Let's just wait and see..All this speculation is like Pigs in Space.. ;D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:27:57 by saltydog »

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2010, 08:24:52 »

Hello.

Oh god? Two months? I know beta testing take a long time, ut i thought they have already started if they are giving us the photos? Maybe they have ben started.

I'm wondering too about the game's release BUT i hope for that long time what they took (almoust 3 years ) will result with a good game, i hope they are using this time corectly.

So that's the good point for expecting the game, we can imagine and hope. Maybe because of that long time you will se you favorite envirement, or the ship of your dreames. They said this will be a real EXTREME, so i trust them, i belive there are more features, ships, and envirements that they have shown to us. So the game will be the real extreme maybe, but to make an Extreme you need a planty of time.

I know they can't put the release, because if they would put it and tell us everithig, we would be so happy and we would expecting more and more, and then if a week before the release they discover a hughe BUG, what would happen? They would probably stop the release to fix it so we would be mad and angry, or they would release it and the game would work with a bunch of BUG-s.

So i hope that there will be an real Extreme when the game comes out. With time there goes a success.

But they should give us more informations and pictures, that's true.

Bye!

Mattaust

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2010, 09:28:59 »

No.

It's too obvious, that you would say no.. Your too defensive for the game as your a Global Moderator.

TJK

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2010, 09:56:09 »

HI Mattaust

wee moderators have non news about the new game so it was a correct answer from mvsmith, wee all like to have news about the extreme and when v-step are ready do deliver it you all will get it, a tips for you all follow the www.shipsim.com their will you get all you need for the new game and you can describe for newsletter from v-step scroll down to the bottom of the site and add you name and email then you will get a mail in you in box when something happens.

be patient and all will get some news when v-step have something to publish

TJK

Mattaust

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2010, 10:47:54 »

I'm still sticking with my initial thoughts, it seems a bit sketchy so far of whats going to be on and whats not.

I don't see why V-step cant give us what features will be in the game, and give a release date later.. No harm in that

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2010, 12:51:51 »

Why not try A NICE PM ASKING if its possible for news . ;)
Frank_VSTEP
                                                                                            Eric  :captain:

Eric, after you posted that I sent nice a PM to Frank, asking only one small tiny little question.  Still awaiting reply.
keep it gnarly
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines