Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 23:23:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Key Problems  (Read 7209 times)

K2rockall

• Forum member
License Key Problems
« on: May 07, 2010, 17:38:36 »

Just downloaded and installed the new improved Ocean Star Model, but now when I choose to use it it keeps telling me to put in the license key for this vessel. I'd bought the ship separately as a download and so have already put the license key in ages ago when I first used it. There is also nowhere to click to input the license key anyway when selecting the vessel. Keep clicking on the padlock symbol, but nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

TJK

Re: License Key Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 17:45:56 »

Hi

You most have New Horizon add on pack to us this add ones or you can bay the Ocean Star from www.shipsim.com and go to shipyard.

if you do not have NH or the ships this pack reacquire you cant us it.
read the readme file that are follow with the pack

TJK

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 18:12:21 »

Tore you misunderstod what K2rockall said. He does have the ocean star, he brought it from the shipyard but after the update it was removed from his game.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 19:08:31 by Ralphy »

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 18:22:15 »

Hi K2rockall
When you purchased the O/star with the download came the licence key it had to be
 entered with you'r other key's in you'r forum profile.(this you have done).
Please can you tell me when you pick a mission from the pack is the O/Star  Photo
missing from mission you are choosing
                                                                                         Eric

TJK

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 18:33:18 »

Thanks ralphy'
yes i see that now :doh:
some of the missions have bugsier2 and more NH Ships, so K2rockall please do as Eric told you

Sorry for the misunderstanding

TJK/Tore

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 18:58:33 »

Hi K2rockall,

Most of the missions that come with the SuperPacks require ships from New Horizons, not just player ships but also AI and static ships.

If you install a SuperPack enhanced ship, such as Bugsier 2, you must already have that basic ship installed. The pack only installs some of the files needed for the ship.
If you don’t have the basic ship, you will be asked for the license key. However, there will not be a way to enter it.

Regards,
Marty

K2rockall

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 00:22:42 »

Hi. Thanks everyone for your replies. Basically when I first installed Ocean Star after having bought it as a separate download, it asked me straight away for the License Key (for Ocean Star) when Ship Simulator started up. Obviously this only happened once. The ship is also registered on the 'my profile' page with the license key. But when I'm in Ship Simulator and trying to free roam or using a mission with Ocean Star in it, it just has the padlock symbol next to the picture of Ocean Star and says that I must put in the license key - but yet it won't let me. I'm so confused?!? 

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 01:12:34 »

Hi K2rockall,

Do you mean that your problem with Ocean Star began after you installed a SuperPack for Ocean Star? If so, you need to get support from the Creator’s Forum:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,18486.0.html

There is probably a bug in the way the pack is installed. It probably now requires a serial key for the full New Horizons.
For now, I suggest that you simply run the OS SuperPack again to remove it from your system.

Regards,
Marty

You could also just try re-installing the Ocean Star that you purchased.

Here is additional information:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,18558.msg251317.html#msg251317
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:25:50 by mvsmith »

K2rockall

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 17:29:21 »

Yes the problems began after I'd installed the new pack. I will try the forum you suggested. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines