Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 02:07:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new shipyard vessels wakes  (Read 1546 times)

austin14

new shipyard vessels wakes
« on: May 05, 2010, 21:54:38 »

hi

i recently discovered that ships such as the flying cloud and watchaven II have no wakes.

i was  just wondering if anytime in the near future if there will be wakes added to these new vessels?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: new shipyard vessels wakes
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 22:03:33 »

Hi,

Because the super packs are not created by VSTEP themselves (game users), I believe there are certain restrictions with models that do not allow smoke, wakes, bow splashes etc.

I think this has been discussed several times before, probably in more detail. :)

Mike

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 23:24:08 »

They are still fun to play with even without wakes or smoke.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 23:29:36 by RMS Canada »
All ahead full!

John1000

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 23:27:30 »

i'd rather have no ships made their i'd prefer their little upgrades to vessles in the game

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 18:48:52 »

Maybe try this. Open the SS08 game, go under options then graphics. Go into advanced (custom) and look near the bottom, you would see ship wakes. Just raise the bar to either playership only or all ships and see if the wake appears on flying cloud or wachthaven. I'm not sure if it would work but give it a try.
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 18:55:13 »

Hi K Jack,
There is, unfortunately, no possibility to make wakes for "Flying Cloud" or "Wachtaven II". This is explained fully in the introduction to the two super packs containing these vessels. If you go into My documents>shipsim2008userdata>custom missions, you will find a folder at the top left of your screen called "readme". click on that folder and you will find all the details of all the super packs listed there. The inland containership is listed under "Week 6".  You will also find that the large bulker, "Selsey III" has the same problem. These ships were drawn from previous  Static or AI vessels and it was apparently impossible to adapt them 100% to be player ships.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 19:08:00 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 20:22:21 »

OK, thanks for the info Traddles.
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines