Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 13:39:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Graphics Card..?  (Read 7394 times)

devomentor

• Forum member
New Graphics Card..?
« on: August 22, 2007, 20:45:43 »

Hi,
I tried the demo but the sea comes out in a grid (squares crossing each other) do i need a new graphics card ??
P.S it runs slow when it happens so do i need another RAM (im trying to avoid having anoither RAM)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: New Graphics Card..?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 20:58:10 »

it is either your graphics card or your graphics's card drivers.

Can you please post your specs?

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 21:05:01 »

Right i aint very good with pc hardrives so dont have a go at me
I have never changed my graphics card
Sorry i can't give you no more info..but..give me another question about it and i might be able to answer.
P.S Dont know if this will help but it is a Phillips

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 22:06:03 »

No, that is not helping. ;D

Right click on ''my computer'' and select ''properties''.
There you can see your processor and the ammount of RAM memory.
Also, when you are at the properties windows, click on ''Hardware''.
Click the button on top of that window, and you are now here:

So click on the little ''+'' and there you can see your graphic card.
In my case, you see 2 graphic cards, because i have 2 installed.

Hope you now can find the requested hardware that you have to report here.

If it sinks, you need to fix it ;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 00:45:02 »

or go start > run then type in dxdiag and hit enter

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 21:40:17 »

ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 00:47:11 »

What we still need is your graphics card. Here is a little insruction. Click start then click run (see first picture) then type in dxdiag. Then click run. Next click display (see 2nd picture) Then look for graphics card. (see 3rd picture in next post)

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 00:47:46 »

the 3rd picture, hope this helps

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 22:46:43 »

It is...RADEON 9250
So is that also why it running slow??

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 16:16:49 »

.. ???

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 16:25:37 »

sorry i haven't answered, i'm not very good with ATI graphics cards, i will tell a moderator to take a look.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 11:05:18 »

Yes, you do need a new graphic card. This one is VERY old and is not supporting the latest graphics.
And yes, that is why everything is running dead slow.

I had a MSI Geforce 7950 GX2 1GB DDR3 graphic card, and now i have a XFX Geforce 8800GTS 580MHz DDR3 XXX, and still everything is going smooth, because it is a good graphic card. So i suppose you need a new one to, your card is giving a lot of problems with new games.

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 21:18:19 »

Okay thaks,
i just got a Geforce 6200 is that good enough for ship sim 2008??

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 21:47:31 »

yes that is what i have and that will work.

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:26 »

Oh,
one more thing does it go fast??
and one more lol can i do full everything
i mean like can you do all the options like wakes full??
if you understand me lol
Thanks Devomentor

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 14:50:37 »

with big ships and if i am in port i can go to about medium quality, but out at sea i can full with really no problems.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 18:13:05 »

It does not only have to do by your graphic card, also your processor, ammount of RAM, the speed of your RAM, and if it is AGP 8X or PCI-e 16X connection. And a littlebit what kind of motherboard you have.

If that 9250 was your standard card when you bought your pc, it is probably AGP 8X, and a very old computer.
So it is not like you can set everything on high now, because your computer is not powerfull enough.
And why you can probably set everything on medium-high on open see, is because the computer online needs to create waves and thats it. No buildings or landscapes, or other ships. (exept some large cargo ships moving somewhere in the middle of nowhere).

What i am trying to tell you is: You can set the graphics a littlebit higher, but not that you will see a lot of improvement, because the 6200 is also a very old graphic card. You need to upgrade everything on your computer (is what i think) if you want to have everything running smooth with SS2008.

I suppose we dont need to discuss this anymore.

Regards

Niels

devomentor

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 22:46:53 »

So,
I can play it on medium?

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 23:20:28 »

well as NiElS said you processor is kindof old, so give it a try on medium and see if it work, i hope it works for you.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 02:10:34 »

Don't forget the HDD. Sometimes a slow or old HDD might be part of the problem although obviously graphics, processor, RAM and mobo will be the most likely cause  ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 12:11:40 »

Don't forget the HDD. Sometimes a slow or old HDD might be part of the problem although obviously graphics, processor, RAM and mobo will be the most likely cause  ;)

Well, not that much. Ofcourse you're right, but it has mostly got to do with your graphic card, processor, and also important: The Speed of your RAM. But i can tell you this (again): Your computer is old, and if you like to play games, you should save some money, and buy a powerfull game computer. Or create it yourself, that is a littlebit cheaper as i know for myself. I build my own PC.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 12:58:55 »

Well, not that much. Ofcourse you're right, but it has mostly got to do with your graphic card, processor, and also important: The Speed of your RAM. But i can tell you this (again): Your computer is old, and if you like to play games, you should save some money, and buy a powerfull game computer. Or create it yourself, that is a littlebit cheaper as i know for myself. I build my own PC.

I too build my own computers. It's cheaper, you can get exactly what you want and you can upgrade at anytime without voiding the warrently  :D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 10:44:43 »

I too build my own computers. It's cheaper, you can get exactly what you want and you can upgrade at anytime without voiding the warrently  :D

I also build my own computer and make regular upgrades. At least you get space for your hands to put in some hardware or make quick upgrades without having to pull out a bunch of metal frames. Great computer case with a lot of space can be a smart investment for the future if you are going to stay updated on the latest hardware.

Tom’s hardware is a great place to learn more about computers, how stuff works etc. ;)

AlexKall

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 11:31:07 »

It does not only have to do by your graphic card, also your processor, ammount of RAM, the speed of your RAM, and if it is AGP 8X or PCI-e 16X connection. And a littlebit what kind of motherboard you have.

If that 9250 was your standard card when you bought your pc, it is probably AGP 8X, and a very old computer.
So it is not like you can set everything on high now, because your computer is not powerfull enough.
And why you can probably set everything on medium-high on open see, is because the computer online needs to create waves and thats it. No buildings or landscapes, or other ships. (exept some large cargo ships moving somewhere in the middle of nowhere).

What i am trying to tell you is: You can set the graphics a littlebit higher, but not that you will see a lot of improvement, because the 6200 is also a very old graphic card. You need to upgrade everything on your computer (is what i think) if you want to have everything running smooth with SS2008.

I suppose we dont need to discuss this anymore.

Regards

Niels

There are still graphic cards (high end) made for AGP 8 so you're not doomed just because you don't have PCI-e.
[MPSS]AlexKall

NiElS

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 12:39:47 »

High-end graphic cards for a slow connection (8x)... get it? ::)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines