Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 05:44:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Kentucky Derby Paddle-boat Race  (Read 3876 times)

matt5674

2010 Kentucky Derby Paddle-boat Race
« on: April 28, 2010, 00:42:56 »

Another year of the Kentucky Derby here and there is a tradition to start off the Kentucky Derby every year. Not only We hold Thunder over Louisville, but we have a Paddle-boat Race. This year, the Belle of Louisville:

will go against Belle of Cincinnati:

The Race will be held on May 1, 2010. They race on the Ohio river to 6-Mile Island. Tell which paddle-boat will win. The Belle of Louisville, or the Belle of Cincinnati? Only fate will decide which will win the race.

Cat320DL

• Forum member
Re: 2010 Kentucky Derby Paddle-boat Race
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:18:30 »

Cool matt will you be there ?
Thanks Stormforce for the awesome banner :) MV Princess Acadia in sig.

matt5674

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:15:56 »

Well watch it on the news since I live southwest of Downtown but in the county. One thing I know how the race will start;
The Belle of Louisville might appear to be late but she is full steam coming to the starting line (Bridge) and when the horn is blown to begin, the Belle of Louisville crosses the line and the race begins. back in '08, the Delta Queen dropped ballast and ordered all to her bow to boost her speed and beat the Louisville, but now, the Queen is under a campaign to continue service so it leave the Belle of Louisville and Cincinnati to race each other. They start on opposites banks of the river. The Cincinnati raced the Louisville and Queen in 08 here and she got familiar with the river but with the Queen gone, the competition got harder since the Belle of Louisville is full speed flying off the line. They will pass the I-65 John F. Kennedy Bridge and I-64 Bridge and pass the Falls of the Ohio and go by Downtown Louisville:

For the largest city in Kentucky, Louisville hold the greatest of stuff, the Kentucky Derby with Churchill Downs:

I've been to Churchill downs many times, it is where the Kentucky Derby horse races are held.
And it holds Thunder Over Louisville:

But the greatest I like is the Great Steam Boat Race:

The picture of the Steamboat race was from 08 with the Belle of Louisville and the Delta Queen. This year, I am hoping the Louisville Belle can beat the Cincinnati Belle.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 15:34:34 »

Apologies for dredging up a old topic, but is there a Paddle boat race this year?

matt5674

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 19:40:36 »

One is held EVERY year as it starts off the Kentucky Derby.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 20:16:24 »

Ahh  :doh:

When is the Kentucky Derby this year then?

matt5674

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 00:26:31 »

Wednesday before the first Saturday of May, three days before the Kentucky Derby
Quote from Wikipedia article of Great Steamboat Race.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines