Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 20:35:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic's sisters add-on to ship simulator 2008  (Read 31587 times)

whitestarline1912

• Forum member
Titanic's sisters add-on to ship simulator 2008
« on: April 13, 2010, 21:25:14 »

When you put the P6 on mission editor they ask you what style you want the p6 to be. they should do that with titanic too. If they can make the latitude's sister (selsey III) why cant they make the HMHS Britannic and the RMS Olympic? serously. they should. or they could paint the side off titanic to look like the Britannic and olympic

Wave Music

• Forum member
Re: Titanic's sisters add-on to ship simulator 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 21:28:24 »

When you put the P6 on mission editor they ask you what style you want the p6 to be. they should do that with titanic too. If they can make the latitude's sister (selsey III) why cant they make the HMHS Britannic and the RMS Olympic? serously. they should. or they could paint the side off titanic to look like the Britannic and olympic

I don't think "they" should, but I do think you should. (http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=search)
keep it gnarly

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 00:02:32 »

Yeah, and then we could have a Hovertravel Titanic, or maybe one that has long hair (dyed black) and listens to a load of emo music and slits its hull to get attention.
Almost never here, try here. (http://www.cliosport.net)

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 00:05:55 »

Yeah, and then we could have a Hovertravel Titanic, or maybe one that has long hair (dyed black) and listens to a load of emo music and slits its hull to get attention.

You're getting very well with it, perhaps soon will fully replace His Sarcasity Stuart the 2007th.
keep it gnarly

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 00:08:56 »

as an ex Aston Martin owner, who wouldn't want to be him?

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:07:49 »

as far as I know, this is a ship simulator, not a floating museum simulator :P
In fact, Virtual Sailor got several of these "fan-ta-stic" oceal liners... :P
My music: www.jhbrende.com (http://www.jhbrende.com/)

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 00:25:44 »

If only VSTEP did an ocean liner simulator, then it would please those ocean liner fans (myself included). 
All ahead full!

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 00:38:59 »

If only VSTEP did an ocean liner simulator, then it would please those ocean liner fans (myself included). 

Anyone needs a "Orange Zodiac Inflatable 240 Simulator" here?

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,10384.0.html

BTW, you forgot to close that topic down, RMS.  It's no good to violate the traditions, my friend.
keep it gnarly

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 00:40:30 »

Anyone needs a "Orange Zodiac Inflatable 240 Simulator" here?

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,10384.0.html

BTW, you forgot to close that topic down, RMS.  It's no good to violate the traditions, my friend.

I removed it.
All ahead full!

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 00:42:12 »

I removed it.

That was a bad forum etiquette, RMS.  :thumbdown:   
Now no one gets the Orange Zodiac Inflatable 240 Simulator here, unfortunately.
keep it gnarly

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 00:45:44 »

That was a bad forum etiquette, RMS.  :thumbdown:   
Now no one gets the Orange Zodiac Inflatable 240 Simulator here, unfortunately.

It was when I first joined the Forum back in 2008.  Things have changed.
All ahead full!

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 00:47:34 »

It was when I first joined the Forum back in 2008.  Things have changed.

What do you mean, RMS?

(Although I regret that Diamant removed > 2500 of his posts, but he got his lesson anyway.)
keep it gnarly

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 00:49:19 »

What do you mean, RMS?

(Although I regret that Diamant removed > 2500 of his posts, but he got his lesson anyway.)

I don't do really any useless posts anymore.
All ahead full!

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 00:51:02 »

I don't do really any useless posts anymore.

That's very good of you, RMS.  Keep it up!  :thumbs:
keep it gnarly

mvsmith

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 03:58:06 »

There is much information on this forum about the work involved in preparing models for use in SS.
P6 was provided with the capability for re-skinning because the textures involved were small. To do it for all ships would be a poor use of limited resources.

For Titanic’s sisters, there are also structural differences that would make it unrealistic.

You are misinformed about the bulk ship. It is not a repaint of Latitude, obviously. It is a different type of ship. It was made for a different VSTEP project and borrowed from there.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 06:42:38 »

Yeah, If you think about it right, you take the Titanic model, apply new texture to it but don't make it possible to be re skinned like normal. All 3 ships have the same superstructure maybe Olympic had some extra steel inserted into it.

Blueprints for Britannic: http://www.titanicandco.com/britannic/britdeckplanslarge.jpg

Blueprints for Titanic: http://www.titanicandco.com/titanic/sidevmaplarge.jpg

Blueprints for Olympic: http://www.titanicandco.com/britannic/britdeckplanslarge.jpg
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:14:15 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:05:19 »

But if you sat down and thought about it, in all honesty what do you think you would gain from having a load of reskinned Titanics?

The P6 is great for reskinning as it has a role that can be used in other ways. For example, the Rainbow Flyer mission in the game; from being a Rotterdam Port Authorities vessel to an environment protection vessel (I think that's what the skin showed anyway)

In all honesty, do you think you could do the same with Titanic? Having 3 models of it in different skins in ports clogging up servers?

And then surely people would start nit picking that the skins aren't accurate...

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Mike

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:21 »

I think Traddles mentioned somewhere that nobody has yet attempted to make a reskin for the Sherpa, I don't know what he meant by that though.

mvsmith

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 10:50:26 »

And then surely people would start nit picking that the skins aren't accurate...

Mike

That’s very likely, Mike, because those simplistic arguments don’t take into account the extensive walkabout on Titanic which may require additional retexturing.

On Olympic, for instance, the forward part of the promenade deck was not enclosed.

I think folks should be thankful if Titanic is even included in the release of Extremes, considering the amount of effort that would require.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 15:39:24 by mvsmith »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 10:58:32 »

I think Traddles mentioned somewhere that nobody has yet attempted to make a reskin for the Sherpa, I don't know what he meant by that though.

I must be getting old as I have no recollection of making that comment. ??? In fact I am sure I didn't.

Is the "Titanic" to be included in SSE? Who knows? :-\
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:00:52 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 11:19:34 »

I must be getting old as I have no recollection of making that comment. ??? In fact I am sure I didn't.

Hmm... I'm confuzzled now.

mvsmith

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 11:20:25 »

With the exception of P6 and the Sailing Yacht, the ship objects do not have .dds files separate from the .cgr.

I suspect that supporting runtime selection of the .dds to be applied has a significant impact on frame rate for a high-poly object like Titanic.

There are missions from the pack involving many sailing yachts which cannot initialize on some systems.

Yes, Angus, so far as I know there has never been an official announcement that Titanic would be included in the release of Extremes.
Perhaps someone could find 6M and ask him to confirm it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:32:56 by mvsmith »

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 11:33:23 »

Perhaps someone could find 6M and ask him to confirm it.

Only via Youtube now.  Still awaiting the answer from him about will be there any floating cranes in SSE.
keep it gnarly

Nathan|C

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 11:35:49 »

Frank said on an interview on YouTube that Titanic is making a return

WM Beat me :doh:

mvsmith

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 11:53:37 »

Frank said on an interview on YouTube that Titanic is making a return

WM Beat me :doh:

As with the release date, the content of the initial release of Extremes will not be certain until Beta testing is done. Problems revealed in Beta may necessitate either slipping the release date or dropping some features, at least temporarily.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines