Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 12:41:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Vessel in the game,classic sailvessel.What do you think?  (Read 13680 times)

TJK

Re: New Vessel in the game,classic sailvessel.What do you think?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 13:26:48 »

If all of you are batter to make this ships ::) then do it instead for complaining, you are free to download and install them, if your don't like them joust do not install or live it. It's not necessary to install them do.
All the guys on creator forum have don this in their own free time and spent hours to try to make something for us, why not be more thankfully to those greate members :2thumbs:

TJK

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 13:42:57 »

Tore,

I AM grateful for these add-on packs, and everything all of you do for SS - but I just wanted to point out that this might be doing more harm than good for the game.

Doesn't anyone listen to the GOOD things I have to say ???
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 13:49:02 »

I'll give her (new sail vessel) a try, but i won't complain like those guys above although i do agree that it's not the best design that they wanted but they need to understand that things take time to be develop. Just like how Vstep is pushing back the time for the launch of ShipSim Extremes because they must be still developing or adding something crucial for the game to be a success. When we rush for something we may get it but not in a proper form and it lead to more problems. That's the reality if you don't like it or not.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 00:50:38 by K Jack »
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

TJK

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 13:51:05 »

Hi

yes i understand watt you say and yes you have balance in you statement :2thumbs: :)

Tore

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2010, 13:55:41 »

Thanks Tore :)

I am not complaining about the missions, the horns or even the lights (although some of them are a bit odd) but the player vessels and dynamics.

I have plenty of positive things to say - I wish people would read what I say instead of JUST the bad things :/
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

white runner

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2010, 22:44:30 »

the apperance of this boat is nice. but overall not a good ship

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 00:58:11 »

Yeah, first time I saw the ship I wanted to sail her.Now that i can, yeah It's not bad, then again I wouldn't know how it was made playable and what programs you need it to make it happen. These restrictions are quite annoying because no ship is Ship Simulator should be restricted on the sea.

So what I would recommend is if the creators involved work some staff from VSTEP so they can fill in the blanks.If VSTEP has curtsy to allow the vessel to be at the shipyard,then they could find some time help fill in the blanks so we can have a vessel with all the holes plugged.So how would you make a static AI ship, playable? 

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

hhdawrs

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:21 »

I highly respect creators and wish I had that talent. I know the work required to make a mission/activity/scenario. 

I will never belittle the creator but give honest impressions, and sincerely apologize to those who took offense.

If my comments are not factual, please specifically correct them so others are not mislead.

Re:  Rules of the Road; as I remember early on in 2008, when leaving port in a large freighter and entering mainstream traffic, your freighter had no rights-of-way over any other craft.

I do maintain that unrealistic creations have and will cause supporters to lose interest.  The many dead and dying rail sims should be pretty good evidence.

FWIW, I listen closely to your posts, Capt. Spencer, and the many others like them.  Asking for opinions should bring just that, in a polite, reasoned response.  Otherwise, it is a waste of time for the author and those believing he wanted such responses rather than just thanks for the effort.
Herb

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 04:42:38 »

But what is causing the creators to design ships like Flying Cloud and Wachthaven III without real life scenario in the game ( for instance sea froth or foam left by the vessel)? Is it that we are putting pressure on them or are they dealing with a bigger issue like getting ShipSim Extremes ready for its launch date? I don't mean to be rude but i know that they are busy developing something.  :-\

hhdawrs

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 04:51:51 »

It doesn't require any talent, all they did was use some in house dynamics editor that anybody here on the forum could use with a little practice. ::)

People are blowing it out of proportion if you ask me. :)
But...but...um..er.. doesn't 'a little practice' assume I know where the start and stop thingies are?  (I own a Toyota ;D).  Offense at tame comments like those here does seem a tad intense :doh:

I've been away long enough to have forgotten my original grumps.  Almost long enough to re-install and relive them.

Almost...

Aloha
Herb

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 04:54:07 »

But what is causing the creators to design ships like Flying Cloud and Wachthaven III without real life scenario in the game ( for instance sea froth or foam left by the vessel)? Is it that we are putting pressure on them or are they dealing with a bigger issue like getting ShipSim Extremes ready for its launch date? I don't mean to be rude but i know that they are busy developing something.  :-\

Something is uncertain lately about these new releases.I do feel we have been very demanding about new ships lately, and yeah you are on to something K Jack, I mean they have done a "rush" job on the sail vessel. What if all the demands and updates came to a halt for 2 days, what effect would that have?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

hhdawrs

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 05:03:33 »

'Something' is the big word.  I understand NDA's, but they are also used to hide deeper problems that, if even hinted at, might be dangerous to the dollar bottom line.  I believe most are reasonably tolerant of delays that are honestly explained.
Herb

matt5674

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 05:22:46 »

If I can remember, Flying Cloud was one of the most Famous English Clipper over 200 years ago. This Flying Cloud is a modern version. And I distinctly remember that when sail ships sail in the wind, they leave little or no wakes. Maybe even with a diesel engine, she might leave no or little wake. But hey, we have our own Clipper, can't wait for the Klipper :lol:

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 05:47:06 »

If I can remember, Flying Cloud was one of the most Famous English Clipper over 200 years ago. This Flying Cloud is a modern version. And I distinctly remember that when sail ships sail in the wind, they leave little or no wakes. Maybe even with a diesel engine, she might leave no or little wake. But hey, we have our own Clipper, can't wait for the Klipper :lol:

Also  http://www.bviguides.com/Domains/bviyachtguide/breaking_news/breaking_news/flying_cloud.html  ::)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16:14 »

It seems that VSTEP just cannot win - damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Like as the others have said, the Super Packs are free and you do not have to download them. If you see something you don't like on TV, you just either change channels or switch it off. It's as simple as that.

I would like to show my support for all who were involved in the Super Pack, and I really appreciate their efforts, their free time and enthusiasm to make the Super Packs possible. For us to enjoy while we wait for SSE to come out. So please give them credit.

That's me off the soapbox!!!
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2010, 09:37:57 »

Also  http://www.bviguides.com/Domains/bviyachtguide/breaking_news/breaking_news/flying_cloud.html  ::)

Hey Third Mate, i remember that ship. I see her in the Port of Spain Harbor most of the times. She was a former windjammer cruise sailing vessel I believe. I didn't even know that they was going to put her in a Trinidad Museum but the museum refuse to accept her. Now they're trying to give the vessel back to British Virgin Islands.  :blush:

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 09:40:53 »

I agree Angus, having fun in a game is a must - but I just personally think that these packs are just a bit more harm than they are good.

As I said, the actual content of the packs is ok - new missions, lights horns ect are fine. It's just new player ships I have a gripe about. These packs just oooze VS all the time to me.

Keep up the good work though - I am eargerly looking forward to SSE :)

EDIT: Just saw your reply Angus - I just don't want people to think I'm seriously moaning about this. I just want this game to keep being as good as it is :)

10+  :thumbs:

I would say the same. I got a fan page for this game and haven't written one single news article about these cheap add-ons released for this game, based on AI ships or a few modifications of player ships.
In fact, that was not what I was looking for when I was reading that "VSTEP will make one new add-on vessel per month" for this game.

If they continued the way they did with New Horizon, maybe it would be worth the attention.
But hey, SS Extremes is just around the corner, so I suppose I'm too late to criticize this. :P

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 12:28:09 »

Matt, you should be ashamed of yourself. You are a native of the USA and don't know that "Flying Cloud" is and always was, an American clipper, possibly the most famous one at that. :o :doh: She did however get sold to British owners in her later life and was finally scrapped and burnt in order to retrieve her metal parts after she grounded and became a total loss.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:32:10 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

mvsmith

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 13:08:07 »

Hi Angus,

A majority of the posts in this topic show a lack of understanding about the process by which “new” ships are produced for the packs.

As for Flying Cloud, I have a feeling that most thought she was an imaginary or generic sailing ship.
The model, however, represents an actual ship with a very accurate spar plan. She was built in Boston in 1850 and set a record for Sandy Hook to Golden Gate in 89 days 21 hours that stood for over a century.
It was an amazing feat of navigation by Eleanor Creesy, wife of Josiah Creesy, Master.
Two years later, she shaved 13 hours off of her own best time.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 13:24:08 by mvsmith »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2010, 13:34:10 »

Marty,

I completely understand how long it takes to produce new ships, but if the ships are not of high quality, then I am afriad I would prefer not to have them :)

Regards,
Adam

mvsmith

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 14:11:52 »

Hi Adam,

It is not a question of how long it takes to create new ships.
It is a question of the limitations, even the wisdom, of the process by which existing static ships are made playable.

Regards,
Marty

mvsmith

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 16:05:39 »

Hi Shane,

Are you are saying, then, that no further attempt should be made to make existing static ships playable?

Nothing can be done to improve the detail because it is just the existing static model. Nothing visible can be changed or added to the model itself. It can only be accessorized with propulsion, lights, and attachment points for people, containers, mooring, towing, and anchors.

Regards,
Marty

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 16:14:50 »

Why can't the model be changed? Surely a budding 3D designer would be able to improve the model by only adding a few smaller details?

Anyway, I'm not getting into this debate as it could and probably will be forever ending ;D

Regards,
Adam

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 16:15:36 »

Here is a strange thing. ::) "Flying Cloud" has been in the game as an AI vessel right from the start. OK, at first she was built back to front, but now she sails in the correct direction. Strange that nobody was too bothered about her steaming along as an AI ship but now there seem to be quite a number of members who are upset about her. :doh: Is this an indication of how few folks actually play missions or am I being too critical. !:) One of the most vociferous complainants appears to have played no missions at all. ???  My only real complaint is that, again right from the early days, she has a radar absorbent coating on her hull such that she is invisible on the chart. Makes collisions in fog inevitable, unless one is proceeding at a very slow speed, as in the days before radar.

Angus.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 16:26:53 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 16:47:31 »

May i also ask about the speed of the Flying Cloud? When i study her details, it said that her speed is 22 knots (maximum), but when i play her in the game she was traveling at a approximately 15 knots. Am i missing something about this vessel? :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines