Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 16:35:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission Editor 2008 waypoints  (Read 3969 times)

Randomist

• Forum member
Mission Editor 2008 waypoints
« on: March 23, 2010, 17:36:42 »

Hi,

I was wondering, how do you properly create a waypoint in mission editor. I use the static ship "area" but when  go to "define waypoint" it doesn't let me continue, it just says "cannot create waypoint to yourself" I thought this was odd as the waypoint was some distance from the player ship.

Help?

Cheers

R

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Mission Editor 2008 waypoints
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 17:42:16 »

Hi Randomist,
You must place the area first then when you want to "Define waypoint" you will find the list has your playership with "area" below it. you then click on "Area" not your playership. You should read Martys Mission Editor tutorial which you will find here:-
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,2886.msg28895.html#msg28895 There are lots of helpful hints at the head of each board which are distinguished by being written in BOLD BLUE text.

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 17:45:55 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

mvsmith

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 18:04:21 »

Hi R,

I’ve moved the topic here, where questions about using the Mission Editor should be asked.

As Angus indicated, you must first have placed the object upon which the waypoint will be.
You then select first the player ship that will own the waypoint, and then the object that will hold the waypoint.

Regards,
Marty

If you prefer a manual with pictures, you can find the VSTEP ME manual here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,4509.msg45292.html#msg45292
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 18:14:24 by mvsmith »

Randomist

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 18:21:09 »

Thanks Guys! =]

Randomist

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 19:01:34 »

Ok,

So I've been going to put a waypoint in, keeping in mind what you guys have said.

I go

Objects>Static Objects>Area>

I place the area and select it

Centre on selection>define waypoint>show static ships>Select"area">Next>

I click on area then it won't let me continue, it says that I cannot create a waypoint to myself =[

What am I doing wrong?

Oh btw, the pdf file is fine but the other link says "I don't have permission to visit the page"

Thanks for all your help =]

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 20:18:42 »

Hi Randomist,
Could you let us know which version and build of the game you have? You will find the details at the bottom left of your screen when you enter the game. The reason I ask is that I am not 100% sure what your problem is. If you have FIRST chosen a "player" ship, and then chosen "Area" from the "Static" file and placed the area where you need it. You should then click on "define waypoint" and a window comes up (top left) saying:- "(1) Chose a player object to create a waypoint for", then click on your player ship and the window then shows both your ship AND your area. you then click on "Area" and off you go. Each time you do something right the red spot at the top right of the window will turn green, It is important to take things slowly at first and read all the instructions which appear.  

Angus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 20:24:13 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Jerke

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 20:40:42 »

hi all,

I can make all waypoints but not the taxi and save waypoints.
i sellect al the things, like passengers and how mutch to drop or pick up, and yes i have made
some passengers.
but it does'nt let me click on done. but al of the other waypoints are working! ??? ???

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 22:06:30 »

Just to clarify...

Ok,

So I've been going to put a waypoint in, keeping in mind what you guys have said.

I go

Objects>Static Objects>Area>

I place the area and select it

Centre on selection>define waypoint>show static ships>Select"area">Next>

I click on area then it won't let me continue, it says that I cannot create a waypoint to myself =[

What am I doing wrong?

Oh btw, the pdf file is fine but the other link says "I don't have permission to visit the page"

Thanks for all your help =]

The bold text show where you have gone wrong. Where you selected Area, you should have selected another vessel (the one which must 'hit' the waypoint.

hi all,

I can make all waypoints but not the taxi and save waypoints.
i sellect al the things, like passengers and how mutch to drop or pick up, and yes i have made
some passengers.
but it does'nt let me click on done. but al of the other waypoints are working! ??? ???

Look for the red/green dots to the right of all the options. I suspect that the special conditions have not been set (how many passengers get on and off and the waiting time for Taxi waypoint. You must click OK for each special condition you set. There should be no minus values.

EDIT: Randomist, you should also register your license key in your Forum Profile, this will give you access to all the support boards. I suspect that the reason for this:
Is because that page is on one of the boards only available to registered members. I'll check now.

EDIT 2: I got to those pages fine, so it is probably a registration thing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 22:18:10 by McGherkin »
Almost never here, try here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines