Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 05:11:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to turn on the emergency light on the Arie Visser Rescue Boat?  (Read 3196 times)

Xandarb

• Forum member

How can you turn on the emergencylights on the Arie Visser Rescue Boat as in the mission "Rescue some yachtsmen in trouble"?
Thanks!
Hi!

Traddles

• Global Moderator

The blue flashing light and the navigation lights only come on when it is dark. Then it is an automatic action.

Traddles.
P.S. Thanks for that WM.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 13:22:21 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Xandarb

• Forum member

okay thanks. Locking topic.
Hi!

mvsmith

Hi Xandarb,

Depending upon your version and build number, and what pack from the Shipyard you may have installed, there may be as many as three conditions necessary to turn on the blue light:

1. Dark enough to turn on the navigation lights.

2. Vessel has cast off (is not moored). This is a condition for the nav lights.

3. On a rescue mission. (the mission contains a rescue waypoint)

At the latest update, only condition 1 is necessary. However, the lights are subject to change in response to opinions of users.

Regards,
Marty

marcstrat

• Global Moderator

Hoy,
This would be also better when we could use this light by daytimes.
To make it more real.
Marc
N

mvsmith

I agree Marc; it would be more consistent with other police & emergency vehicles.
A manual switch would be best in this case because the light should not be on when she is underway but simply patrolling. On the other hand, having it off while moored, like the nav lights, is not satisfactory because the light should be on when tied up to a ship under investigation.

Regards,
Marty

Traddles

• Global Moderator

As the editor stands at the present it is not possible to turn off the blue light at all once darkness falls. There seems to be a built in set up in which any flashing light, be it blue or yellow (as for hovercraft) stays on permanently in the hours of darkness. This causes, for example, the blue light on "Arie Visser" to remain flashing even when she is moored or towing another vessel.  Thus of Martys 3 conditions above, as he points out, only condition 1 is valid for version 1.4.2, build 1038.

Regards,
Angus.

Attached picture below shows Hovercraft & Arie Visser, both moored with navigation lights off, but flashing lights remaining on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:52:40 by Traddles »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator

The connection would be great when you start the engines,example!!
When you're moored,and the engines are of,O.K. no lights.
The moment when you start the engines,lights can go on.
By the way it is allowed to keep the lights on durring daytimes,i mean the navlights.
Marc
N

clanky

• Forum member

By the way it is allowed to keep the lights on durring daytimes,i mean the navlights.
Marc

I take it you mean IRL?

Although it is considered bad seamanship by some, it has become normal practice to leave nav lights on 24/7 as it extends the lifetime of the lamps and fittings.  The only time when I have an issue with it in seamanship terms is in port, a vessel moored alongside should not have nav lights on, but even then I keep my mouth shut as I know just how much it saves in terms of maintenance.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: How to turn on the emergency light on the Arie Visser Rescue Boat?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 21:41:31 »

In the River Mersey it is a requirement to have navigation lights lit when moored at any of the floating stages.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,14414.msg178514.html#msg178514

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,14414.msg178601.html#msg178601

I know it is off topic a bit but quite interesting.

Angus.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 21:45:17 by Traddles »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: How to turn on the emergency light on the Arie Visser Rescue Boat?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 08:24:58 »

I take it you mean IRL?

Although it is considered bad seamanship by some, it has become normal practice to leave nav lights on 24/7 as it extends the lifetime of the lamps and fittings.  The only time when I have an issue with it in seamanship terms is in port, a vessel moored alongside should not have nav lights on, but even then I keep my mouth shut as I know just how much it saves in terms of maintenance.

Yes, i know
The same with the nationalityflag at the stern,it 's suppose the be off the mast at sundown.
The only vessels i've seen it,was on navyvessels.
Marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines