Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 01:28:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Missions: Why so dark?  (Read 1686 times)

sailor95

• Forum member
Custom Missions: Why so dark?
« on: March 20, 2010, 15:11:26 »

I would really like to see what I'm doing, but most downloadable Custom Missions happens for some reason late in the evening, at night or very early in the morning.

These files are locked, so time of day cannot be altered in Mission Editor   ??? ???. I tried to start a night time rescue mission in Solent and left it idle for hours until ingame time was noon, but it was STILL DARK. I mean, what the d****??

Well, allright. Is there any way I can get around this? I'm trying to learn Mission Editor myself, but is still struggling.
I downloaded the tutorial, but there will always be some trial'n error, no matter what. I'm a slow learner, I think  :) .

mvsmith

Re: Custom Missions: Why so dark?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 15:34:34 »

Hi sailor95,
Unfortunately, locked missions can be a problem on many levels. If you are having trouble seeing what is going on in night missions, I suggest that you first try adjusting your monitor brightness and contrast before taking the extreme action of altering the mission.

If you must alter the mission, first be sure that you never Upload the mission or distribute it in any other way. It must remain for your personal use only.
Having said that, The Missions Manual that you can download from here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html
explains how to unlock most missions.

You don’t appear to have a problem with English, but you can get good Norwegian advice in mission creation by sending a PM to Tore (TJK).
And, of course, you can always ask questions here.

Med hilsen,
Marty

sailor95

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:07:24 »

Thanks, Marty. Will do my best  :-X .

TJK

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 10:28:16 »

HI sailor95

you can try the Scandinavian forum if you like their we can speak Norwegian