Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 22:29:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MV Jumbo Javelin Problem  (Read 1406 times)

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
MV Jumbo Javelin Problem
« on: March 12, 2010, 19:56:54 »

I have downloaded/ collected all of the Ship Simulator 2008 Ship updates and i went to try and drive the "MV Jumbo Javelin" and i went to the "Phi Phi Islands" with the damage selected to (On) and i was at about max speed and i hit land and kind of drove up the land and i got zero damage and I did not lose RPM's at all. There was no indication of damage on the boat, like i had hit something. I have also tried running into a CPU boat like the Vermaas in the oceans ( Atlantic, New York North Atlantic, etc.). so I had my brother try out his MV Jumbo Javelin before he installed the patch for it and he was able to take damage. So i know for a fact that there might be a glitch or bug in the damage threshold section of the ( Large Container Vessle) MV Jumbo Javelin.

What do i have to do to fix it? or can it be patched so i can keep the new patches for it.

thanks

Sincerely,

Boatsimrocks25
"Ship Sim Extremes Woohoo!"

"Oceana© is and always will be my Favorite Ship in the Ship Sim© Series

Wave Music

• Forum member
Re: MV Jumbo Javelin Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 20:04:02 »

There's an agreement between VSTEP & Jumboship that in SS the Jumbo Javelin will be non-damageable & non-sinkable.  So it's normal, can't be & won't be "fixed".
keep it gnarly

mvsmith

Re: MV Jumbo Javelin Problem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 20:29:13 »

This is not a Technical support issue.
Official support is not given for intentionally damaging or sinking ships by ramming or running aground.
WM is correct. Jumbo Shipping does not like to see their ships abused on the internet, even when they do it themselves.

Sinking or ramming ships seems to be a popular winter activity for juveniles when it’s too cold to go out and set fire to the neighbor’s cat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 21:22:13 by mvsmith »

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
Re:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 23:59:11 »

Thank You "Wave Music" and "MVSmith" for  responding to this issue with the MV Jumbo Javelin.

About the problem regarding the (Invulnerable) MV Jumbo Javelin, i want to make sure that you know that i do not intentionally damage or sink the ships.

i just simply was driving around and I admit that I was trying to see if it would take damage and it did not so i asked and got the answer and I appreciate the response.

I do not engage in the activity of ramming ones ship. I feel the same way you do, People have rammed me in multiplayer and being that my computer and internet can barely support Ship Sim 08 on multiplayer i think its not right when people do that.
The issue with the Jumbo Javelin I see the difficulties with the agreements its not a problem at all.
i just felt i should let you know incase it was a bug/glitch.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
             Gene Dalessandro--boatsimrocks25
"Ship Sim Extremes Woohoo!"

"Oceana© is and always will be my Favorite Ship in the Ship Sim© Series
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines