Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 18:03:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vstep Bashing  (Read 4404 times)

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Vstep Bashing
« on: August 20, 2007, 14:24:32 »

Since the patch was delade all i am reading is negative things about the game&BUG.
How about being positive about missions that do work AND THERE ARE QUIT A FEW.
hOW ABOUT now the waypoint system to me is great waypoints move with the ship
when doing transfers
Missions inside the mission you'r doing there is enough to keep me going till vstep get it right
Yes i felt let down when patch not released but not the end of the world
LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE GOT A GREAT GAME NOW AND GETTING BETTER :D
Went back and played 2006 gave up came back to 2008 theres just to much more
to do even with the DREDDED BUGS ::) ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Vstep Bashing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 14:33:57 »

Since i've calmed down I have to agree. My favourite mission was Spare parts for Marseille. Great one!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 17:34:46 »

I like the way that the props chuck out little whisps of water when props are out of the water. I also think the aqua-blue colours of the wake is very impressive.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 17:41:36 »

I like the way that the props chuck out little whisps of water when props are out of the water. I also think the aqua-blue colours of the wake is very impressive.

Stu

I love the bow splashes but not sure if there isn't enough. I can crash into a huge wave and not that much spray is generated but I'm defo not complaining. Just though there wasn't quite enough. It doesn't bother me and I still love the game  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 19:36:36 »

Personally I think (as it is now) the main plus of the game/sim is the way the ship interacts with the sea. True, the PoR rolls far too much, but the sherpa feels right (although I am not in any way qualified to state this as fact!)

This is where the critics fail to notice- it is mostly 'there'- just brushing up to be done.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

greyhill

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 21:04:14 »

The moaning about the patch has starting to getting childish, i worry what the people that are complaining will do with their lives once the patch is released. The game is like all other sims around, it gets better through age, input, development and constructive criticism. The "i want it now, gimme, gimme" attitude benifits no one, i would be suprised if these people will still be playing a year from now.

ships used to be made of wood, and sailed by men of steel, now the ships are made of steel, and the men of wood.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 21:10:41 »

Please don't think I'm complaining as I have no problem with the patch being released later and I actually like bugs (as they are funny  :D)

I love shipsim and I hope they continue to develop the game  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:01:17 »

This is not bashing, it's called criticism. There are money involved here, we have to pay up to 40 Euros for this software, then it gets serious. And I've never seen a game so full of bugs as this one, user ship sinking for no reason, flying oil rigs...it's ridiculous. They better hurry up with this patch and straighten up the game, I'm not going to play it until the patch is released because it doesn't entertain me as it is supposed to do, it irritates me. I almost contacted my creditcard company to report this software a fraud and demand a refund, but I'll give Vstep a chance to get it in shape.

Vstep is making fun of their customers, they told us that the patch was due on the 17'th, when the day arrives there are not one word from them about a 2 week delay, until we're told by a mod here. Vstep, it doesn't work this way...please start looking like a pro company. And last but not least, do a MUCH better betatesting job in any future releases!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 10:56:22 »

Subwolf,

You are not adding anything new. I'm afraid that repeating your criticism over and over again is not going to make the patch arrive any quicker.

As for reporting it as fraud to your credit card company??? You do realise how silly that sounds don't you?

This topic was opened because some people wanted to praise the many good points of the software. You have made your point, as have others. Unless you can add some new point, perhaps you will have to wait patiently like the rest of us and stop flooding the forum with this same complaint.

Stuart

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 11:02:21 »

Oh and by the way... Criticism can be a good thing IF it's constructive criticism...
For example:

"I'm not keen on X and I really think it would be better as Y This is because of Z"

Compare and contrast above to your last post.

Stuart

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 11:10:44 »

This is not bashing, it's called criticism. There are money involved here, we have to pay up to 40 Euros for this software, then it gets serious. And I've never seen a game so full of bugs as this one, user ship sinking for no reason, flying oil rigs...it's ridiculous. They better hurry up with this patch and straighten up the game, I'm not going to play it until the patch is released because it doesn't entertain me as it is supposed to do, it irritates me. I almost contacted my creditcard company to report this software a fraud and demand a refund, but I'll give Vstep a chance to get it in shape.

Vstep is making fun of their customers, they told us that the patch was due on the 17'th, when the day arrives there are not one word from them about a 2 week delay, until we're told by a mod here. Vstep, it doesn't work this way...please start looking like a pro company. And last but not least, do a MUCH better betatesting job in any future releases!

Hey come on i now there is money involve and i see how strongly you feel but i for one
don't feel i have been robbed out of the 52 missions availlable there must be at least 40 i played
with very few problems sorry but i think i am getting my vallue for my money.
I agree vstep should have come on and give us a reason but we were not left in the dark the
moderators told us as soon as they new something.
And thanks to the beta testers Bottman & rooster24 we havee been given extra missions
while we wait for the patch witch i think more than make's up for the let down by vstep
maybe i am to laid back but still we all have our oppinion i do respect you'rs  eric 

Edited by stu to remove the double quote from subwolf.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 12:52:43 by Stuart2007 »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 12:58:08 »

Thanks again, Sadsid, for startig this topic.

I'm quite peeved how little response it has had from people. And has even now been hijacked by quite strong criticism!

It is a shame that with most products/services that people only ever seem to complain about faults, yet never acknowledge the good bits.

Well, I for one (after actually getting a weekend off) played several missions and found something more fun than PoR docking. Trying the New Ypork off shore supplies. I found that thoroughly enjoyable- the appearance of the wake on the rolling sea seemed really convincing to me. The many good points in that made up for the few small details, which have been commented on elsewhere.

Still peeved that I did it in record time, carefully, only to get 27%damage by smacking into the rig   :(

Stu

Parsec

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 13:19:28 »

What I really would like to know is this: Have VSTEP added more betatesters to play and test the patched game? It would be really horrible if the patch is released and some annoying bugs still remain.

Gertjan

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 13:19:53 »

Hey i love the game also and i will keep playing it, but i have criticism also, like subwolf says, Vsteps lack in communication has vallid arguments, they should have let us know earlier, it not like i am mad at them for the 2 lousy weeks of delay but the fact that they didnt tell us about the delay!

This is constructive criticism also, not just reporting bugs, its about the entire package and it appears Vsteps needs to learn a thing or 2 on their PR skills

Their coding skills are excellent!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 13:30:30 »

I agree. And I am sure that if a delay on any future release occurs that they will inform people.

My opinion (and it is that- not an official statement) is that the patch was all scheduled for release and they found something at right before and had a choice of A) release it and need a new patch B) delay the release.

On the balance of things, I think they took the right decision. I don't think that those who are accusing vstep of 'knowing for weeks it would be late' are right at all.

Stu

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 13:37:31 »

As for reporting it as fraud to your credit card company??? You do realise how silly that sounds don't you?

Nothing silly about that, Norwegian laws apply in my case. If I buy a product online using a credit card, and the product is in a bad or not working condition, then I got the right to demand a refund from the cc company. It then becomes a case between them and the seller.

It's my right to complain when I buy a product which turns out to be unfinished, something in my opinion SS08 is. But as I said, I'll wait and see how it turns out when patched.

Gertjan

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 14:08:51 »

I agree. And I am sure that if a delay on any future release occurs that they will inform people.

My opinion (and it is that- not an official statement) is that the patch was all scheduled for release and they found something at right before and had a choice of A) release it and need a new patch B) delay the release.

On the balance of things, I think they took the right decision. I don't think that those who are accusing vstep of 'knowing for weeks it would be late' are right at all.

Stu

I am all for the idea of delaying patch if you need more time to test, that is usually the best thing to do, but it would be better next time Vstep has a delay in a add-on or patch to let us know up front and officially on their site and in a mailed press release, they shouldnt wait until the last day and then let their forum moderators take the heat from the angry mob ;)

offtopic:
I just got this idea that might be interesting for Vstep, how about joining Steam or creating your own Steam client like you do for Counterstrike, that way you can release small patches as soon as you finished them without any customer hassle?

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 15:07:39 »

Nothing silly about that, Norwegian laws apply in my case. If I buy a product online using a credit card, and the product is in a bad or not working condition, then I got the right to demand a refund from the cc company. It then becomes a case between them and the seller.

It's my right to complain when I buy a product which turns out to be unfinished, something in my opinion SS08 is. But as I said, I'll wait and see how it turns out when patched.

And I bet you will find that the Norwegian version of our trading standards will tell you 3 things:

1. Do you not have to spend over X amount to get the protection of your credit card company- you do in most countries.
2. If the vendor is in the process of dealing with the problem in a reasonable timescale and the product is not substantially less than advertised they won't start ordering big compensation orders for you. They will be interested in whether Vstep is doing anything about it first.
3. Not too sure if the Norwegian legal system has any jurisdiction over forieign territories. If you wish to sue Vstep, you will probably need to do it through the Dutch court system. Let me know how you get on.

Stuart

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 15:10:01 »

I am all for the idea of delaying patch if you need more time to test, that is usually the best thing to do, but it would be better next time Vstep has a delay in a add-on or patch to let us know up front and officially on their site and in a mailed press release, they shouldnt wait until the last day and then let their forum moderators take the heat from the angry mob ;)

Sorry. I thought my post was quite clear. If vstep found there was a problem at short notice then how could they possibly have given you and notice of the delay? With respect, go back and read my post- you will see that is what I said.

Must point out again that I am not stating this, just guessing.

Stu

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 15:12:41 »

As this thread has been hijacked and any good points are being ignored, I might as well close it.

There is a similar 'have a go at vstep' thread (you may well recognise some of the posts...) here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1562.0.html

I am not stifling free speech before anyone says so- please carry on with your comments in that thread.

Stuart

EDIT: After receiving a PM I have opened this topic again for both praise AND criticism of shipsim. But please keep any criticism constructive and objective.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 11:24:30 by Stuart2007 »

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 19:35:20 »

Greetings,
Hey,as i told you before,give this new game some credit!!
Vstep is working very hard to make things happen,in the possitive way.It may take some time,but it will happen.
All new game have some trouble,but thanks to this forum,they can be solved.
I trust Vstep,and our members to make things happen.
I hope you can do the same!!
Regards
Marc
N

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 11:30:18 »

Who wanted to unlock this topic? There hasn't been much criticism after the discussion in the other thread, now we let the dev team continue with their work, right?

And no, I'm not going to sue Vstep, I'm not going to give them another sleepless night ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines