Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:33:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Pack  (Read 2653 times)

purserone

• Forum member
Free Pack
« on: February 27, 2010, 00:19:55 »

Hello Team,

I would just like to say many thanks for the new Agile Solution Super Pack II from the shipyard, its great now to have Containers on the A/S deck and i enjoyed the mission at Padstow picking up the Containers that someone lost overboard! very good.

Regards,

Roger. 

maverik90

• Forum member
Re: Free Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 14:05:21 »

I would also add me in ringrazziamento made by purserone! compliments really keep up the good! Thank you! :2thumbs: :captain:

jim.smith

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 14:23:29 »

I agree another great free pack.Thanks to all involved. :2thumbs:

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 15:03:20 »

This topic was moved here from the Missions board because it does not meet the requirements of the posting rules:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,17673.0.html

NorthStar-Eble guy

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 23:53:51 »

I like it too, but what also would be neat is if the vacuum tower could be placed on it! :2thumbs:
hello :D

Firestar

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 00:28:02 »

Does anyone care to post pictures of the AS with cargo on it? :)

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 01:01:17 »

Okey dokey:

Firestar

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:08:28 »

Thanks Marty for the picture, but I'm curious. Wouldn't that be very unpractical in real life? They would never just plop them there, right?

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 07:01:00 »

Hoy,
Yes, they would.
This amount of containers is best to keep them in the middle of the ship.
Most of the time the whole deck is full,sometimes strangely stacked.
Marc

P.S.i've downloaded that free pack,however how get i the agile solution loaded in the game,what mission is it?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:02:49 by marcstrat »
N

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 07:26:33 »

'Container Feedering in San Francisco' is with container loading by crane.
Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

Hoy,
Yes, they would.
This amount of containers is best to keep them in the middle of the ship.
Most of the time the whole deck is full,sometimes strangely stacked.
Marc

P.S.i've downloaded that free pack,however how get i the agile solution loaded in the game,what mission is it?

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 07:29:02 »

Thanks for the info.
Marc
N

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 08:25:17 »

Thanks Marty for the picture, but I'm curious. Wouldn't that be very unpractical in real life? They would never just plop them there, right?

They would be tied down...
Almost never here, try here.

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 08:40:27 »

As with Sherpa and the small container ship, you must release the container at the right height or it will fall through the hatch cover. Vermaas is the only ship with the required collision masks for container loading. Essentially you need to get the container aligned close enough with the phantom for it to be captured.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 09:52:06 »

Do the ship cranes work, or is it just dockside cranes... Ship derricks would be something impressive- but I assume that is a lot harder than tweaking the model to accept containers, which as I understand it is relatively easy.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:27 »

On modern ships for one container tier high, the container are not even tied down. There are socalled TWISTLOCKS, which can be fastened on deck or on hatchcover. These twistlocks are located at each corner of the container. The wholes of the container container frames fit into this locks and you can secure them by turning an inner hook or swivel. Then the container are fastened to the deck or hatchcover and will not shift/or jump in bad weather.

Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

Attached some pictures, where you can see, how containers are secured to deck or hatchcoaming

They would be tied down...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:41:47 by ARTSHIP »

Itaxi

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 04:28:14 »

interesting... that definately would be fun to use the cranes on the ships, trying to drop them in the water and such. maybe someone could get the files or whatever you use, converse them together to get the crane to work on the deck, but have it so you can switch to the boat. ;)
"What Don't Kill Ya' Make Ya' Stronger"
Box5Diesel             Rigs Of Rods Forum
forum.rigsofrods.com
*I am not Box5Diesel*
Greetz :p

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 13:15:28 »

I think in fairness that would be very difficult for the developers or the CF to do. However, perhaps it should have been clearer to some that this would be the case.

I think it would be VERY hard to modify the ship to have working cranes and would need to be done by vstep and not any other groups.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Firestar

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 15:56:21 »

Okey dokey:

Thanks Marty, that's a nice pic too, and in a strange coincidence, it's the exact resolution as my desktop. Now it's my background. ;D

So in real life they would be tied down, I assume that's the same case with the Sherpa? I was playing a mission with her last night supplying an oil rig and I wondered the same thing..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines