Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 08:14:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing smoke from 4th chimney of Titanic  (Read 23379 times)

matt5674

Re: Missing smoke from 4th chimney of Titanic
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 00:29:26 »

Well on my Ship Simulator2008, there isn't any smoke cming from any of my ships what so ever. How do I fix that?
If you turned off the Particle view distance to 0 in the options, that is the problem. Turn it up to the max to see the smoke

mvsmith

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:23 »

This topic does not belong in the SS 2008 root, so I’ve moved it to General Discussions.

The root is only for questions about the demo, or for questions by those who have not yet got the game and can’t register to get to the proper board.

Improper posts, even after they are moved, push useful posts down.

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 02:18:37 »

And here I thought that most people knew about the dummy funnel on Titanic.
All ahead full!

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 05:17:36 »

I does know some ships (mostly convectional ferries) have a working funnel and a dummy funnel. Here's a example of one.

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/thumbs/rw/341259_800/Ship+Photo+Warrior+Spirit.jpg

Warrior Spirit operating as a cargo vessel carrying freight between Trinidad & Tobago.
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

Denham

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 02:11:57 »

Titanic only has 3 WORKING FUNNELS the 4th wasput there to make it look good and good looks appealed to people the 4th was used to vent out smoke from kitchens and and vent out engine fumes thats why on some pictures you can see a little bit of smoke coming out of it I DECLARE THIS TOPIC SOLVED

mvsmith

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:28 »

I think it was “solved” after the second post. Considering the huge amount of forum space devoted to Titanic, it is remarkable that not everyone got the word.

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 13:15:43 »

T I DECLARE THIS TOPIC SOLVED
Nothing wrong with a topic evolving, now the topic is just about dummy funnels in general.

I actually didn't know about the dummy funnel on the Titanic until when I was in isolation at school (my Spanish teacher hates me) about a year and a half ago, I was reading a book about Titanic and saw a diagram of the boiler rooms connected to the funnels and that's how I discovered it. Only smoke that could possibly come out of the fourth funnel would be from the kitchens, as they are indeed connected to it. But of course unless someone burned the steak, there wont be any large amounts of smoking coming out to be noticeable. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines