Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 10:26:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cadburys takeover  (Read 4489 times)

Jammy

• Forum member
Cadburys takeover
« on: January 21, 2010, 22:22:43 »

As everyone British on this forum will know, Cadbury's has had a takeover by Kraft Plc, an American corporation. Now a lot of people are ticked off to lose yet another British brand to overseas, especially about the job losses that are being planned.
But I just learnt something even more horrific, we paid with our tax money for this to happen! In the end, Cadbury's was bought for £11.4BN (US$18.9bn), but £7 billion (US$11.5bn) was borrowed in order for Kraft to secure the bid. And guess who the money was borrowed from? A bank, RBS to be exact, and this bank is 84% owned by the British Government.

So did we just pay for Americans to make 6,000 people unemployed in Britain?

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbury_plc#Kraft_buyout)

--tractorman--

• Forum member
Re: Cadburys takeover
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 22:33:38 »

It will still have the name 'Cudburys' (like 'Cadburys Creme Eggs') as the Cadburys name is so powerful. And they were trying to take over mid last year..

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 22:56:41 »

Cadbury's the BEST!

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 23:16:21 »

It will still have the name 'Cudburys' (like 'Cadburys Creme Eggs') as the Cadburys name is so powerful. And they were trying to take over mid last year..

Or we could have Kraft Creme Eggs  !:)
(with Philidelpha in them seeing Kraft does that)  :doh:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 23:20:07 »

damn you just reminded me of creme eggs, and they wont be in the shops until Easter, cannot wait that long!

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 23:22:23 »

:evil:

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 23:27:47 »

damn you just reminded me of creme eggs, and they wont be in the shops until Easter, cannot wait that long!

Our shop has them  :doh:

Hundreds of boxes  :C. They sent them in a few weeks ago too.
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 23:39:47 »

:evil:
you evil little boy :'( ;D
Our shop has them  :doh:

Hundreds of boxes  :C. They sent them in a few weeks ago too.
would you care to send some of those boxes over here?

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 23:46:37 »

We don't eaven have them here (I think, I have newer seen them) :doh:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 00:06:24 »

Some years ago, I met Adrian Cadbury- the grandson/great grandson(?) of the founder. He gave me quite a lot of useful information, although I didn't appreciate it at the time- his story is too long to type here.

But he told me that his family had regretted making the company a PLC as they lost control and, being founded by principled people, their philosophy didn't match the "profit above all else" approach of being a PLC...

I recall that the cadbury family tried to buy back the company as they didn't like to see what was happening, but the company had become too big and they couldn't do it.

Cadbury AND Rowntree were both organisations that led the world in rights for their employees- and their employees responded by working their (hazel)nuts off for the company and they became successful... then they both became PLCs and over time... Well, one is now called Nestle and the other is about to become Kraftbury or something equally stupid.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 08:11:51 »

Sorry Lindt, but a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar is the best chocolate, by far.

I hope to god Kraft doesn't change any recipes...
Almost never here, try here. (http://www.cliosport.net)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 10:13:29 »

It's a shame that this has happened - soon there won't be anything left of this small little island to be proud of company wise. Rover went, now Cadbury.

Oh well, as long as they don't change the name of one of their products to Kraft Kreme Egg ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 17:30:36 »

It's a shame that this has happened - soon there won't be anything left of this small little island to be proud of company wise. Rover went, now Cadbury.

Oh well, as long as they don't change the name of one of their products to Kraft Kreme Egg ;)

On the same day as Cadbury's, we also lost Torchwood to FOX.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 18:15:36 »

A local farmer once complained to me about how his business was suffering as people were buying imported stuff from 'Johnny Foreigner'.... and 'wasn't it totally unfair that people weren't supporting local suppliers'

I agreed with him... until... he got into his Toyota Landcruiser... That was the same week that Land Rover were sold off.

The moral of this story? Farmers who want to seel British produce need to buy British cars.. You can not pick and choose like that. What is good for the goose, is good for...

BTW Before anyone suggests that patriotism is the same as racism and all that twaddle, just think very carefully before you post.  ;)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Matthew Brown

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 18:17:56 »

You know there is another chocolate bar made by cadburys all year round thats the same as a creme egg? Its called Twisted  :thumbs:

(http://www.shipsimradio.net/mb)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 18:20:40 »

The creme egg is available pretty much all the time anyway ;D

Since Cadbury has now gone and it is pointless saying 'what if'...

Can we have a petition for Kraftbury to bring back the Maverick... and Wispa MINT (on the same shop shelf)

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 01:45:42 »

The creme egg is available pretty much all the time anyway ;D

Since Cadbury has now gone and it is pointless saying 'what if'...

Can we have a petition for Kraftbury to bring back the Maverick... and Wispa MINT (on the same shop shelf)

They've also are making Cadbury mini eggs all year around. 
All ahead full!

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 02:29:27 »

Sorry Lindt, but a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar is the best chocolate, by far.

I hope to god Kraft doesn't change any recipes...
  well kraft has changed the recipi for the Ranch dressing  :o and turned to a ranch dip. and there ranch tasted the best before the recipi was changed so im stuck on the Jack in The Box ranch and their ranch is 100x better than the new kraft stuff

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 09:38:59 »

Look how many large companies perform takeovers using BORROWED money... then find they can's sustain it- sell off the new acquisition to try and keep afloat and find that the parent company ends up in the 'mess'...

My prediction is 5-7 years and Kraft will float off Cadbury as an independent once more...

Please remember this post in 2017...

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 11:17:04 »

"Kraft take them and they cover them in chocolate..."

:lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 11:23:44 »

"Kraft take them and they cover them in chocolate..."

:lol:

That makes no sense to me.... Has Cadet or gibby12 managed to hack into Jacks profile I wonder? ???

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 00:54:24 »

well this is amazing! something being outsourced into the US?? never heard of such a thing... we have the same issue nothing here is made in america my boat isn't even made in america.... says right on the stern "assembled in mexico" Honestly i'm amazed kraft bought the company and now its being outsourced to the US, quite interesting.

Multiplayer Ship Simmers Gaming Clan (http://www.mpssclan.co.uk/forum)  Sig By Agent|Austin

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 01:33:38 »

Just hoping the quality and price isn't going to be affected, unless it's getting better and cheaper.

Jammy

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 01:57:23 »

Just hoping the quality and price isn't going to be affected, unless it's getting better and cheaper.

No they better not change the recipe at all. Cadbury's is a chocolate maker, not a business!

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 02:34:01 »

well I wouldn't mind something new, as long as they keep the traditional chocolate bars and creme eggs. They should get rid of those with raisins and stuff in it though, the staff of the airplanes always give me those things, even though I bought something else, really annoying.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines