Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 11:47:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268832 times)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #450 on: September 01, 2007, 11:45:44 »

you have to press the ''run'' button first, but i like it, you can make nice vids with that ;D

Ship Sim

« Reply #451 on: September 01, 2007, 21:03:04 »

Anyone realise this is one of the biggest topic on the forum. :D ;)

Hudizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #452 on: September 01, 2007, 21:38:42 »

Anyone realise this is one of the biggest topic on the forum. :D ;)

Indeed.
I bet "klompie" (the author of this thread) had no idea what he started  :P

I hope this thing gets released this week, or within the next 6-7 days. But I think I can find plenty of things to do to pass the time. School certainly takes some of that up. I have this Monday off for "Labor day", so if the patch is released during this week, it would complete my week  ;D

Has anyone else also noticed that people are awaiting the release of this patch as if it were the entire game?
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is.. Never try." -Homer Simpson-

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #453 on: September 01, 2007, 22:42:58 »

Has anyone else also noticed that people are awaiting the release of this patch as if it were the entire game?

Yes ;)

I wonder if Vstep offer therapy to those in severe distress :P

I don't worry about things like that anymore, too many other things to worry about ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

fishlikelong

• Forum member
« Reply #454 on: September 02, 2007, 00:07:51 »

In a sence it is adding a hell of a lot to the game like the sinking system and fixing alot of bugs. Isnt this also the patch with the mission editor too? I may be wrong on that

I can't wait for the patch but at the same time, I can as I have so much more to do so It's not getting to me that much

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #455 on: September 02, 2007, 00:11:12 »

Yes ;)

I wonder if Vstep offer therapy to those in severe distress :P

I don't worry about things like that anymore, too many other things to worry about ;)

Regards.

DJM.

TOS: If you are stressed about our service or mad at it, we will pay for ALL costs to get your problem done with.  YAY FREE MASSAGE!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #456 on: September 02, 2007, 00:29:11 »

TOS: If you are stressed about our service or mad at it, we will pay for ALL costs to get your problem done with.  YAY FREE MASSAGE!

Haha!!  That's what you call wishful thinking my friend ;)

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

vr4god

• Forum member
« Reply #457 on: September 02, 2007, 06:28:40 »

What patch is everyone waiting for? When is it scheduled to be released? Is it for 2008? I just signed on for the first time. Read the first page of this topic and jumped to the last. Anyway I am The Vr4god. Howya all doin? ;D
The Vr4god has spoken

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #458 on: September 02, 2007, 06:52:33 »

What patch is everyone waiting for? When is it scheduled to be released? Is it for 2008? I just signed on for the first time. Read the first page of this topic and jumped to the last. Anyway I am The Vr4god. Howya all doin? ;D

The august 17th patch that was delayed 3 weeks comes out this week. Yes it is 2008 notice how it is in the 2008 forum and 2006 is no longer developed. Try reading the topic and you would have seen this.

Welcome to the forums!

The patch will include:

On\Off
Save
Mission Editor
Hover Craft
Jet Ski
Bug Fixes.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #459 on: September 02, 2007, 08:31:35 »

Hiya and welcome to our wonderful community :)

The approximate release date is, as Agent|Austin mentioned, sometime this week.  There have been necessary delays because of unforseen development issues, but these are being worked on as we type ;)

There are a few topics with pictures and videos of some of the new features of this patch, including:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,661.msg19150.html#msg19150

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1971.0.html

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1972.0.html

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1998.0.html

This will reveal some interesting features for you all to see :D

Regards.

DJM.

Monkey sailor

• Forum member
« Reply #460 on: September 02, 2007, 15:00:21 »

I hope its coming on monday  ;D That was hard to wait 2 weeks and now this... But i understand its hard to make all of those thinks  :D And better that than a patch full of bugs and everything.

Only little time to wait.  8)
Monkey Sailor :D

MERLINXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #461 on: September 02, 2007, 15:11:04 »

Hi you guys! While a lot of people have worried about the tardiness of the patch , I've been out photographing the first stages of construction of the new outer harbour at Great Yarmouth ...
If you think waiting for a patch is bad, we've been waiting for this harbour project to start for THIRTY YEARS!
Whilst doing this I got lots of photos and video of REAL ships, tugs and barges doing real work!
Real life is so much fun! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I might live in a world of my own, but it's a helluva lot more fun than earth!

shamen20

• Forum member
« Reply #462 on: September 02, 2007, 16:41:28 »

most of the ppl seem to be waiting for the new patch for the sinking ability on it ..................................
Now being a genuine passenger boat skipper , and having been involved in one or two minor incidents and injuries onboard a vessel under my command at the time at least the patch will not simulate the marine coastguard interviews , board of enquery and reams and reams or forms and statments that have to be completed for every incident and the stress involved with waiting to see if the marine coastguard agency will revoke your ticket or press charges ( i have been cleard of blame and have never been called before a board of enquiery before- touch wood i wont in the future).

Britannic

• Forum member
« Reply #463 on: September 02, 2007, 16:45:59 »

Appox. how much longer, guys?  :)

Thanks, Sky.
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2007, 18:23:54 »

I just started to wonder about a thing....when we have installed the patch,will our mission times still be there or will we have to do all the missions over again? ;)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #465 on: September 02, 2007, 19:05:23 »

i don't think so, it is only a patch, you can see it as an update ;)

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #466 on: September 02, 2007, 19:39:10 »

I just started to wonder about a thing....when we have installed the patch,will our mission times still be there or will we have to do all the missions over again? ;)

I'm not sure, but with the beta, I couldn't use my old profile. Remember that ranks are a part of the patch. That might cause a change of the profile.xml format, but actually I'm just guessing.

Regards
groennegaard

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #467 on: September 02, 2007, 19:42:55 »

I will have to wait and see then :)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2007, 09:15:16 »

Appox. how much longer, guys?  :)

Good question. Do we have an approx time?

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #469 on: September 03, 2007, 09:20:53 »

Good question. Do we have an approx time?

Please read this:

Where did people get the idea that we were releasing the patch on aug 31?
In earlier posts we stated we met some unexpected bugs, so things were all delayed until further notice.
We now fixed this bug, finally. Tomorrow we will first make a Gold Master for the Benelux market.
Then we'll work on the 1.1 patch, but that needs to be tested as well for at least a few days.
So my current best estimate for the patch release is some time next week.
We don't want to give out specific dates any more because we don't know what comes up from the patch testing...
Trust me, we just want to do it as soon as possible, as there are many more things we need to work on, like multiplayer, an add-on pack with 2 historic tugs, other language versions of the game, a subscription service for new vessels, the patch for the old add-on pack, a professional training version of the game (mini bridge sim), etc.

Regards
groennegaard

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #470 on: September 03, 2007, 09:23:39 »

i did read that.

Sorry, posted itworng. I meant to say it like Britannic.

Xandarb

• Forum member
« Reply #471 on: September 03, 2007, 16:00:58 »

so... when does it come out?
Hi!

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #472 on: September 03, 2007, 16:03:22 »

Maybe this week ;)
Read Groennegaards reply a little bit further up this page....that where it says : Please read this :D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #473 on: September 03, 2007, 16:06:50 »

so... when does it come out?

Don't say that! The mods will start saying about lazy posting.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: September 03, 2007, 18:13:51 »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines