Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 09:39:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268783 times)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #425 on: August 31, 2007, 13:05:25 »

No. coming sometime next week

EDIT: Got to keep smiling! :)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #426 on: August 31, 2007, 13:11:32 »

Please read the official announcement from Vstep instead of asking about the patch all the time:

Where did people get the idea that we were releasing the patch on aug 31?
In earlier posts we stated we met some unexpected bugs, so things were all delayed until further notice.
We now fixed this bug, finally. Tomorrow we will first make a Gold Master for the Benelux market.
Then we'll work on the 1.1 patch, but that needs to be tested as well for at least a few days.
So my current best estimate for the patch release is some time next week.
We don't want to give out specific dates any more because we don't know what comes up from the patch testing...
Trust me, we just want to do it as soon as possible, as there are many more things we need to work on, like multiplayer, an add-on pack with 2 historic tugs, other language versions of the game, a subscription service for new vessels, the patch for the old add-on pack, a professional training version of the game (mini bridge sim), etc.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #427 on: August 31, 2007, 13:18:18 »

DJM I understand that the patch takes tiem to put out and I am ok with that. I do not understand a few things however. You as a moderator are a spokesman to the company? If so great and I am glad you are keeping us up todate on a great product. If not why do they not post an update on their home page. For someone out side it just looks as if they are not responsive. I know that is not the case. Thanks  ::)

Ok, a few points to bear in mind here :)

Firstly, the Vstep development team are keeping us all informed, that's what this forum is for ;)

Secondly, as most will already know, Moderators are voluntary.  We do this in our own time because we want to.  We are no different from other members except that Vstep Administrators gave us the privilege of assisting other members with any problems :).  We do get some official announcements of course, as have been posted already in this very thread.  We only represent the forum for Vstep in this capacity, no other :)

We are of course happy to answer other members questions, but we don't have ALL the answers as I'm sure you understand.  Any official announcements for patches etc. are posted on the forum :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

JMIRMAN

• Forum member
« Reply #428 on: August 31, 2007, 13:33:04 »

Thanks. I am not complaining. I have more in my life than sitting up all night waiting for a patch. You have made you position clear to me and I thankyou for the time and effort that you take to keep us up to date. I for one could not put up with all the crying all the time. I support Vstep and love there product. There are a lot of things I would like to see as well as improvements.  I have been into simulations for 30 years (started commidor 64 on 5" floppys") I know that shipsim has a long way to go but is the best out there now in the price range. If we keep showing our support I hope they continue to update and inprove their product. Just look at flightsim improvements since the very first addition. Keep up the good work and thanks again.
:{)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #429 on: August 31, 2007, 13:37:13 »

Thanks. I am not complaining. I have more in my life than sitting up all night waiting for a patch. You have made you position clear to me and I thankyou for the time and effort that you take to keep us up to date. I for one could not put up with all the crying all the time. I support Vstep and love there product. There are a lot of things I would like to see as well as improvements.  I have been into simulations for 30 years (started commidor 64 on 5" floppys") I know that shipsim has a long way to go but is the best out there now in the price range. If we keep showing our support I hope they continue to update and inprove their product. Just look at flightsim improvements since the very first addition. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

I would like to also thank you, your kind comments are very much appreciated :)

Our time and effort is well spent when we see comments like this and when members appreciate the effort that the entire team makes to keep the community not only informed, but a place we all like to be involved with :)

Thanks again :)

Kind regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #430 on: August 31, 2007, 14:02:55 »

I've completely calmed down now :D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #431 on: August 31, 2007, 14:04:29 »

I've completely calmed down now :D

:D good to know ;)

I'm always calm ;D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #432 on: August 31, 2007, 14:05:59 »

Lucky you ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #433 on: August 31, 2007, 14:09:09 »

Lucky you ;D

Something you learn over time........usually a lot of time too :D

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #434 on: August 31, 2007, 14:19:30 »

Why dont we pay him a visit and cheer him up, he should be somewhere around here (check attachement for google earth)

mm i think that will be a bit difficult to ran over that building with a cruise ship  :D

Tugboats007

• Forum member
« Reply #435 on: August 31, 2007, 14:56:46 »

Hello all, I too am sad to here that the patch is no ready as yet and for the most part that is OK. Better late and fixed then not.

How ever with that being said let me tell all of you that life could be alot worse. A few years ago when dealing with a Train Sim add on called ******* that was being put out by *******. They had us per buy the route with an expected release date and then keep us on hold for 9 mo past that date. And buy the way still keep the money. Once the route came out then it took another 3 months to get a patch and it still dose not work well at least on my machine. Heck 3Dtrains has been promising us a new route called Feather Canyon for over a year and a half.  The only differance is they have not asked for any money yet. The worst part about both of these examples is there was little or no information on the forum. And when there was it was always bad news.

V-Step may want to keep this in mind. Update news and plenty of it if things are not going well or even if it is, we would like to hear about it. Don't get into the mind set that your time is too important to talk to your customers and keep them informed. They would like to hear what is going on as I said Good or Bad. They did buy the way like your Sim enough to buy it again or at least I did and look forward to more.

Thank you, Tugboats007

EDIT: Please can you refrain from adversely commenting on other companies products. Not fair on them if they aren't here to defend themselves. Thanks (Stu)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 23:03:23 by Stuart2007 »

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #436 on: August 31, 2007, 18:05:55 »

ok i'm finally all calm cool and collective :D :D Like everyone says give Vstep a break, they are working on the patch, let them work and we get the patch when they're done, whether its, next week, next month, next year, next decade, or even next the next century, we will get it sometime.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #437 on: August 31, 2007, 18:07:49 »

mm.. i better want the patch next week then the next millennium  :D

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #438 on: August 31, 2007, 18:10:54 »

yea i agree ;D ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #439 on: August 31, 2007, 19:31:44 »

The real reason the patch is delayed is that people living on the polders adjacent to the New Waterway insist that it not be released without the maeslantkering.  :'(

shipmania2007

• Forum member
« Reply #440 on: August 31, 2007, 21:05:00 »

THIS SOUND ABIT STUPID

But what are bugs,

Thanks,

MBS
;) I love this game

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #441 on: August 31, 2007, 21:06:21 »

THIS SOUND ABIT STUPID

But what are bugs,

Thanks,

MBS

Bugs = An unwanted and unintended property of a program or piece of hardware, especially one that causes it to malfunction.

hongzhu

• Forum member
« Reply #442 on: August 31, 2007, 22:31:06 »

i thought they said it would be released ont he 31st which is today so where is it lol  ??? ??? ???

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #443 on: August 31, 2007, 22:47:29 »

i thought they said it would be released ont he 31st which is today so where is it lol  ??? ??? ???

I don't know why I still bother replying these posts...  ::) You can find you answer in this topic if you bother reading it.

Regards
groennegaard

Brinch

• Forum member
« Reply #444 on: August 31, 2007, 23:05:21 »

instead of forcing people to read through 13-14 pages before they find an answer, you could put a sticky in an oblivious place. It might reduce the number of post on the subject....

mvsmith

« Reply #445 on: September 01, 2007, 00:21:38 »

I have to agree with Brinch on that. There is a FAQ & Announcements section right at the head of this forum that has been unused since 31 July.
This does not, however, mean that I disagree with groennegaard’s frustration over the laziness of some posters.

Cloud

• Forum member
« Reply #446 on: September 01, 2007, 00:59:43 »

When the demo came out i got a nice email from the developers saying that it was available for download....

Suspect the same will happen when the patch is available.... :)  Until then F.W.E.  ;)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #447 on: September 01, 2007, 07:17:45 »

Good idea, sign up for the news letters. But I think it will be announced in the forum very fast when the patch is released ;D

But remember the reasons for the delays, they ran into unexpected bugs which they had to fix and it's difficult to say how much time they need to do it. And the patch planned for release August 17'th was without the mission editor, later they decided to include it because that's what we wanted isn't it? Well then they need even more time to include the editor before the patch can be released. So we really got nothing to be angry about. I'm convinced that Vstep wants us to have fun when playing the game, and they want this to be a good quality patch. It will be worth the waiting :)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2007, 08:39:02 »

that some people still don't know where the patch is!  :D

Aaron1927

• Forum member
« Reply #449 on: September 01, 2007, 10:35:47 »

I hope this isn't a bug that will be fixed in the coming patch.

'When you keep moving past the railings and look up, you can fly when you still have the forward key pressed, so that you can fly ontop of the funnel, or rest on the sea, and just watch your ship slowly pass from left to right into the distance, or go to places on the ships you normally couldn't, e.g. the car deck.'

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines