Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 11:00:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268803 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2007, 10:42:02 »

I've understood from posts on this forum that several of the betatesters didn't have problems that have occured for others, eg. sinking ships.

That is very true :)

As I myself stated in another topic, testing doesn't reveal ALL bugs and it also depends on your PC setup ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2007, 10:42:55 »

I have to say, i dont get why people are getting so stressed about this...it's patch for a game for goodness sake, it's not a blood transfusion, or donor patient that has not turned up,it's not the bank ringing to tell you you cant have your mortage after all & so your purchase falls through, or the garage telling you your car will be in the workshop for another two weeks, it's not going to ruin your day, it's patch to improve a GAME nothing to do with real life...'worse things happen sea' ;) (and they really do!)

So just chill & wait for the patch, it will improve a sim which is already great, it will be worth the wait. 8)
that's because it delays every time, i better want 3000 patches during the year then only one in all, 3000 patches, keep people playing everytime a new one comes.

i bet on it that it will delay another time

Gertjan

« Reply #402 on: August 31, 2007, 10:43:22 »

it's not going to ruin your day

Wel it did ruin my friday

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: August 31, 2007, 10:45:36 »

also mine, i came out of my bed with a nice felling of: ''ahh yes man! patch day!!'' but the forums say'd something else >:(

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2007, 10:52:11 »

I've known since last night so I didin't wake up with that feeling :'(.
I was looking forward to a  nice day with the hovercraft :D

Gertjan

« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2007, 10:53:59 »

also mine, i came out of my bed with a nice felling of: ''ahh yes man! patch day!!'' but the forums say'd something else >:(

Same here

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2007, 10:57:26 »

On a more positive side for you guys ;), at least the worst thing for your days is this patch not being released yet, some people wake up with some serious stuff to worry about.

Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2007, 10:59:42 »

On a more positive side for you guys ;), at least the worst thing for your days is this patch not being released yet, some people wake up with some serious stuff to worry about.

I have to agree with that, life is much more complicated and difficult than worrying about a patch......you kinda learn that with age ;)

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Gertjan

« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2007, 11:00:16 »

If i runned my own business and a customer came back with something he bought that didnt work as expected and i would give him that excuse guess what would happen.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #409 on: August 31, 2007, 11:02:49 »

If i runned my own business and a customer came back with something he bought that didnt work as expected and i would give him that excuse guess what would happen.

If you stand back and look at this, Vstep are working on the patch......they haven't abandoned us.  Any statement about bad policies etc. is unfounded when the problem is being addressed :)

Regards.

DJM.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #410 on: August 31, 2007, 11:05:25 »

I have to agree with that, life is much more complicated and difficult than worrying about a patch......you kinda learn that with age ;)

we don't have anything else to worry about

Gertjan

« Reply #411 on: August 31, 2007, 11:06:03 »

Yeah i know they are working on it and i am fine with that, but just like the last time they delayed it the clue is: It not what youd say its how and when you say it that matters.

I am really frustrated about this, i bought a 3,5L keg of Heineken for my beertender so i could play SS08 allnight long.

This means someones ass is going to be kicked big time on Counterstrike: Source tonight  >:(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:17:40 by Gertjan »

dogman

• Forum member
« Reply #412 on: August 31, 2007, 11:27:50 »

Where did people get the idea that we were releasing the patch on aug 31?
In earlier posts we stated we met some unexpected bugs, so things were all delayed until further notice.
We now fixed this bug, finally. Tomorrow we will first make a Gold Master for the Benelux market.
Then we'll work on the 1.1 patch, but that needs to be tested as well for at least a few days.
So my current best estimate for the patch release is some time next week.
We don't want to give out specific dates any more because we don't know what comes up from the patch testing...
Trust me, we just want to do it as soon as possible, as there are many more things we need to work on, like multiplayer, an add-on pack with 2 historic tugs, other language versions of the game, a subscription service for new vessels, the patch for the old add-on pack, a professional training version of the game (mini bridge sim), etc.

I think the above quote says it all.
It beats me how the moderators put up with the 'flack' that they do and still remain polite.
All this moaning about this patch is begining to get up my nose with people not reading properly the answers that they are given.
Thanks for all your work guys, I know the patch will come when it is ready.

Kind Regards.

Ian.
Grandchildren are our reward for not murdering our children.

Drumbeat

« Reply #413 on: August 31, 2007, 11:43:49 »

I see some very inpatient people in this thread. If the patch is not ready it's not ready. Stop yer windgin you don't want a patch with bugs in it do ya.

Keep smiling

:)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #414 on: August 31, 2007, 11:48:50 »

did you made a whole new account to tell us that we have to be patiend even it delayed 2 TIMES!!

Mark Snowden

• Forum member
« Reply #415 on: August 31, 2007, 12:28:31 »

Look am sorry
  but im not waiting for this patch any more its proberbly not even worth it  :(

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #416 on: August 31, 2007, 12:31:47 »

Delayed again! :o

Fellow angry buyers, grab your frying pans...Vstep asked for this :P

Kidding ;)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:34:49 by Subwolf »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2007, 12:36:35 »

I see some very inpatient people in this thread. If the patch is not ready it's not ready. Stop yer windgin you don't want a patch with bugs in it do ya.

Keep smiling

Yeah keep smiling
 ;D :) ;) :D 8)

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2007, 12:42:02 »

Vstep need more time to get the patch ready, leave them alone.

But I agree with Parsec, maybe they should have released a pure bug fix patch first and deal with the rest in a second patch. I think so too when looking at the growing number of unhappy customers..

Gertjan

« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2007, 12:42:18 »

Keep smiling

Yes i do want a patch with bugs, gives me something new to be irritaded about then the old bugs i experience now.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2007, 12:49:24 »

You should give it a rest. Think about poor pjotr, he's loosing his sleep because of this ;)

Gertjan

« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2007, 12:52:08 »

Why dont we pay him a visit and cheer him up, he should be somewhere around here (check attachement for google earth)

JMIRMAN

• Forum member
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2007, 12:59:23 »

DJM I understand that the patch takes tiem to put out and I am ok with that. I do not understand a few things however. You as a moderator are a spokesman to the company? If so great and I am glad you are keeping us up todate on a great product. If not why do they not post an update on their home page. For someone out side it just looks as if they are not responsive. I know that is not the case. Thanks  ::)
:{)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2007, 13:00:30 »

That's a really good point!

Nothing on the website!

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2007, 13:04:16 »

is the patch being released today ??? ???

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines