Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 07:54:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268750 times)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #350 on: August 30, 2007, 20:57:35 »

It's not a question of the features looking 'fine' for the beta testers. Like people have said on this forum, testing takes time and the game needs to be tested on all kinds of computers so make sure everything is compatible. It might work for some, and not for others. I'm sure the experts at VSTEP know what they're doing  ;)

I can help test on different kinds of computers. I have 4 different computers I could try it on :)

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #351 on: August 30, 2007, 21:01:52 »

Sorry to ask a silly question if it's already been asked, but is the multi-player function in this patch or is that in another patch later?

if it is later, is there any rough expected time for that release (Note i'm not asking for date & time, just a guide).

Hi Lifeboat! :)

The multi-player function will be in a later patch - probably available at the end of the year...  ;)

Have a look at the FAQ:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,955.0.html

Regards
groennegaard

Scierra

• Forum member
« Reply #352 on: August 30, 2007, 21:33:19 »

Dear Shipsim friends, where is the problem?
The simulator called ShipSim 2008  ;) we are in 2007 or not?

We have to wait  8)

Thanks

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #353 on: August 30, 2007, 21:40:57 »

ok this is not right anymore!! >:( I give up hope on VSTEP to keep release dates. We had the same problem with the 2006 add-on and this problem is going to keep happening, VSTEP should NOT give out anymore release dates, or news or anything!! When the product is ready put it on the market, website, whatever. Then tell us. This way only leads to angry people like me >:( >:( >:( So I'm done with this @&#$%@# ****.

Woah hang on there. I think you're getting a little overworked here. Firstly, VSTEP DID NOT release an official date for the patch release. DJM only said that it would be approximately 2 weeks. Why are you getting worked up over this??

Calm down a bit mate, it's not the end of the world.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

dragongfx

• Forum member
« Reply #354 on: August 30, 2007, 22:14:28 »

It,s better to get a fine working patch.  or a patch with bugs. I can say and i mean it, if the patch have gone out 2 morrow with a few bugs, people will be crazy again and blablabla  on this forum after a new patch. The world will not go 2 hell if the patch are delayed 1 or 2 weeks again :P  I want a good realistisk product so i will give VSTEP all the time they need.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2007, 22:25:11 »

ok this is not right anymore!! >:( I give up hope on VSTEP to keep release dates. We had the same problem with the 2006 add-on and this problem is going to keep happening, VSTEP should NOT give out anymore release dates, or news or anything!! When the product is ready put it on the market, website, whatever. Then tell us. This way only leads to angry people like me >:( >:( >:( So I'm done with this @&#$%@# ****.

Master Captain, I think out post is completely out touch with reality. There has never been set a final release date for the patch. The first estimate was the 17th of August, but this was an estimate and it was made before the decision of including the mission editor in the patch. The 2 extra weeks were another estimate but peope in here made it 17th + 2 weeks = 31st and now you expect the patch to be released on a date set by YOU and not VSTEP.

I can't help you being angry about you own misinterpretation but I think you are being unfair when you blame VSTEP.

Regards
groennegaard

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2007, 22:44:57 »

Woah hang on there. I think you're getting a little overworked here. Firstly, VSTEP DID NOT release an official date for the patch release. DJM only said that it would be approximately 2 weeks. Why are you getting worked up over this??

Calm down a bit mate, it's not the end of the world.

Im with master captain, and yes they did they said it would be out aug 17th. We waited 2 weeks for them to fix bugs and now we have been waiting just to be $%^$ed again.

I probably won't even buy the next version until they don't #$%^ us over.

I hate waiting and I bared it for 2 weeks and then guess what. BOOM!

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2007, 22:55:48 »

Im with master captain, and yes they did they said it would be out aug 17th. We waited 2 weeks for them to fix bugs and now we have been waiting just to be $%^$ed again.

Which part of my last post didn't you understand...?  ::) I simply think that these comments are too childish to be taken serious!  >:(

Regards
groennegaard

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2007, 22:57:25 »

I give up. You guys have no idea what it takes to build a game like this. You seem to live in your own world so keep me out of it. I've had enough of people slagging VSTEP off.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2007, 23:04:39 »

Ok, just to clarify things again for those who missed it the first time:

My original post on this subject

Hiya everyone :)

Vstep continue to appreciate your interest in their development of Ship Simulator and fully understand that this patch has generated a great deal of interest.  The latest Official news on the patch is as follows:

The patch is currently being fine-tuned and unfortunately will be delayed for approximately 2 weeks.  This delay is a necessary part of the development process and Vstep appreciate your understanding while the final stages of the patch are completed.  Thank you.

Kind regards.

DJM.

The key point here is:

delayed for approximately 2 weeks

There was no definite date set for the patch, it was always approximate.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #360 on: August 30, 2007, 23:06:14 »

Calm down guys,

It's only a game! It's not as if our lives depended on it!

Chill out and go with the flow  8)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Lifeboat

• Forum member
« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2007, 23:27:27 »

Hi Lifeboat! :)

The multi-player function will be in a later patch - probably available at the end of the year...  ;)

Have a look at the FAQ:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,955.0.html

Regards
groennegaard

Hi groennegaard,

Thanks for your reply! I knew i had seen it mentioned somewhere, but i must have got the dates mixed up with the patch for the mission editor. ::) My mistake.

Thanks again.

Lifeboat.
Lifeboats24-7...Leading International Maritime Search & Rescue Resource.With Forum,Gallery & much more. http://www.lifeboats24-7.com

mseiwald

• Forum member
« Reply #362 on: August 30, 2007, 23:28:11 »

I agree that we all want a bug free patch.

But i can`t agree that 17th august was an estimate because when you write down 17th august again and again in the faq you can`t say it was an estimate after all! when i read i get this and that on 17th i belive this is a fixed date and not an estimate. Then you say it will be approx. 2 weeks.....

I have no problem waiting for it! Better to wait longer than having bugs again but i can understand people who are angry about the delays because i can agree with them that it would have been better just to say nothing about any release dates than announce a dates or estimates a patch comes when not being able to keep them.

Again i know making such games takes a lot of time and i really love this game. I personally give VSTEP all the time they need to fix the bugs.

I just think it stands to reason that some people are angry after buying a game with many bugs and then it takes so much time to eliminate them and the release is delayed and delayed.

Just my opinion!

kind regards
- Manuel

Jazz

• Forum member
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2007, 23:31:33 »

At least t ehy don't leave us hanging...

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2007, 23:32:41 »

Unfortunately, the initial release date was exceeded due to last minute problems.  I didn't say that 17th of August was an estimate, the 2 week delay was an estimate :)

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2007, 23:41:04 »

Hi groennegaard,

Thanks for your reply! I knew i had seen it mentioned somewhere, but i must have got the dates mixed up with the patch for the mission editor. ::) My mistake.

Thanks again.

Lifeboat.

Hi Lifeboat,  :)

No need to apologise, apparently it's not easy to figure out...  ;)

Please keep in mind that the release dates mentioned in the FAQ are estimates...

Kind regards
groennegaard

mseiwald

• Forum member
« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2007, 23:50:46 »

Please keep in mind that the release dates mentioned in the FAQ are estimates...

Kind regards
groennegaard

ok sorry i didn`t know that....but i think there are many people like me which interpret it as a release date when you read things like..

"An advanced scoringsystem will be introduced the 17th of August..................Expect this system to be released with the patch of August the 17th."

...and so on. it`s a little bit misleading!  :)

kind regards

- Manuel

J.Ham

• Forum member
« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2007, 23:56:20 »

Hello,
I would be suprised and amezed if here would be so much ado if the arctic suddenly changes in antarctic. ;D
Regards: J.E 
 Quadcore i7 2.93ghz. GF460gtx windows7 64bit 8gig ram

mvsmith

« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2007, 00:17:00 »

I simply think that these comments are too childish to be taken serious!  >:(

Regards
groennegaard
Childish?  You haven’t seen childish unless you’ve followed the Trainz forum for the past few years.
Following the release of Railroad Simulator 2006, there were posts like:
“I wouldn’t buy TRS06 and even if I did, I wouldn’t install it!”
Or “goodbye” posts that remind me of:
I don’t want to play at your house
I don’t like you anymore
You’ll be sorry when you see me
Sliding down my cellar door!

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2007, 00:42:24 »

Is the patch to be released August 31st (today on the forums) or is there another delay?

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2007, 01:06:18 »

sadly there is another delay >:(

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2007, 08:09:22 »

I don't think it's another delay, since VSTEP never gave a revised date for patch after it was delayed 2 weeks ago.  ;)

DJW said "approximately 2 weeks" delay. To me, that could be anytime between 31st August and 7th September. (please don't quote me on that! I might be wrong!!!!)

I don't know who came up with 31st August as the official date for patches, cos VSTEP have never said that.

Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to getting the bugs fixed in SS2008 but at the same time it is very important that we give these VSTEP guys every chance to make sure the patch will definately iron out the bugs first time around. There's no point in rushing out a patch which may not work properly!

8)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2007, 08:13:40 »

To avoid any confusion, my post on this topic was also approximate:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1890.0.html

As stated:

The approximate date is 31st August, but this is approximate and not definite ;)

There will be updates with any news of further delay, if necessary :)

Regards.

DJM.

I hope this clears things up a little ;)

Regards.

DJM.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2007, 08:19:16 »

tOYS out of the pram time vstep can't win i wish some people would just
calm down at the end of the day the moderator's beta testers do everything they can
but there are still the minority that refuse to be passefyed :-\
myself i think when this one is released they will move on and find something else
to complain about Some people can not be pleased whatever vstep do

ONLY MY OPPINION ::)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2007, 08:58:15 »

Unfortunately, the initial release date was exceeded due to last minute problems.

So DJM, in this quote you said it was an initial release date.

And you Mr Groennegaard are saying they're all estimates.

How does this figure?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines