Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 22:46:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch time..  (Read 268624 times)

Brian

• Forum member
Re: Patch time..
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2007, 13:39:23 »

Stu,

I truly didn't mean to imply dishonesty on the part of VSTEP.

My opinion is just that the world we've come to live in where companies are never finished simply grates me the wrong way.

Brian

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #201 on: August 19, 2007, 13:41:37 »

Wel all have different views ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2007, 13:44:11 »

Brian

You are right in that respect. I try to run my businesses by the book. But many of my fellows in the industry don't and it really winds me up.

However, in the case above that is deliberate- breaking laws to save money etc. In the case of vstep it was just a planing issue. Only the really big companies can dictate the rules to their 'partners'. In summary, Vstep is quite a small cog in a quite big wheel. If you can buck that trend then I say truly, well done to you. It isn't easy.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2007, 13:45:16 »

Let's stick to talking about the patch...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2007, 13:52:17 »

Thanks shipaddict. That is what we are doing.

Talk of the validity of issuing a patch is quite acceptable, wouldn't you say?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #205 on: August 19, 2007, 14:04:57 »

Come to think of it yes! :o

Sorry :-[

Hudizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2007, 16:22:07 »

An editorial comment:

Please think about your post before you send it... Are you adding anything new to this discussion. It feels like everyone is making the same comment over and over again. Getting the same reply over and over again.

Please think if there is a way you can make your post a little different- perhaps a new thought of your own on the situation?

Stu

I am getting a little deja-vu reading this. In fact, I think somebody might have already used that word on here...
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is.. Never try." -Homer Simpson-

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2007, 16:44:35 »

Hi Danny!

Nobody knows for sure. Probably within 2 weeks. Remember that the mission editor originally wasn't supposed to be included in the patch. The last official new on the patch is here:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1733.msg17014.html#msg17014

Regards
groennegaard

did he said within?  ;D that is more like it  :D

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2007, 16:51:31 »

did he said within?  ;D that is more like it  :D

I also said 'probably'... and 'Nobody knows for sure'...  ;)

The more we wait - the better the patch will be!  :P

groennegaard

pmillett22

• Forum member
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2007, 17:38:20 »

Is there a possibility, if VSTEP finishes the patch before two weeks, they will release it as soon as it's finished? I would have full confidence that VSTEP cares about there customers, if they finished and released asap, even if two weeks hasn't passed.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2007, 08:59:09 »

or they just make a 2nd patch  ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2007, 09:01:16 »

Is there a possibility, if VSTEP finishes the patch before two weeks, they will release it as soon as it's finished? I would have full confidence that VSTEP cares about there customers, if they finished and released asap, even if two weeks hasn't passed.

If the patch is completed ahead of schedule, I'm certain that Vstep would release it, there would be no point in delaying it further if it's finished eh ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Hudizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2007, 09:09:26 »

If the patch is completed ahead of schedule, I'm certain that Vstep would release it, there would be no point in delaying it further if it's finished eh ;)

Regards.

DJM.

I certainly hope so. If they say 2 weeks, and they release it in 9 days, people will be happy  ;D
Well, they'd be happy even if it's 2 weeks. As long as the patch is on its way!  :D
Meanwhile, I'm still trying my hand at a few missions.

By the way, that mission when you have to rescue the crew of a sinking tanker.. is really weird. Mainly because the tanker never looked like it was sinking  :P
"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is.. Never try." -Homer Simpson-

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2007, 09:11:51 »

By the way, that mission when you have to rescue the crew of a sinking tanker.. is really weird. Mainly because the tanker never looked like it was sinking  :P

LOL, maybe it's a 'slow sinking'......kinda like a delayed reaction :P
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2007, 09:26:45 »

Have you ever watched a sinking in it's full length? It can take several hours. I watched the Fu Shan Hai sinking - it took 8½ hours! Unless there is a structure failure ships just don't disappear from the surface in a matter of minuttes.

The Fu Shan Hai casualty report is here - interesting reading! ;) :
http://soefart.inforce.dk/graphics/synkron-library/dma/uk_pdf/casualtyreports/fu_shan_hai_gdnynia.pdf

Regards
groennegaard

Hudizzle

• Forum member
« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2007, 09:30:38 »

Well, it was weird because it was still there after a message came up saying that the tanker was gone.
Not to say that ships go down in 2 seconds...

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2007, 09:40:59 »

Well, it was weird because it was still there after a message came up saying that the tanker was gone.
Not to say that ships go down in 2 seconds...

Sometimes these waypoint instructions are ahead of time... but you are right, it seems very strange.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2007, 09:45:25 »

But apart from the odd bug or two don't the static ships not sink? Imagine if you took your time getting there and it did sink. Yu get there and mission ruined because no tanker to rescue if you see what i mean ???

MERLINXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2007, 10:18:41 »

One thing comes to mind, We seem to be forgetting that what VSTEP is doing with SS08 is still pretty well pioneering stuff..
This is still the first time really that anyone has seriously tried to give us the same fun that flight sim pilots have had for a couple of decades now...
Now I have been a fan of flight and train sims for quite a while,  and I for one am glad that I have something  "nautical but nice" to enjoy at last..
As such it is obvious to me that you are going to have glitches at this stage and as such We should be patient as the end result will enhance what is already a great project.
Don't forget We are all on a learning curve here, and so is VSTEP who is converting for leisure use something that essentially started life as an industry training tool! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)

(Tools don't usually come with jeweled handles as standard! LOL! ;D ;D ;D ;))
I might live in a world of my own, but it's a helluva lot more fun than earth!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2007, 10:35:26 »

Merlin,

I like that post. I think it should be turned into a sticky and put up in bright lights along with the forum rules and FAQ.s

Stu

MERLINXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #220 on: August 20, 2007, 10:43:57 »

Merlin,

I like that post. I think it should be turned into a sticky and put up in bright lights along with the forum rules and FAQ.s

Stu

Thankyou very much for your feedback Stu, I had been looking at this thread for a while and thought people were needlessly working themselves into an upset, and so I thought I might hopefully put it back into a meaningful perspective. :)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #221 on: August 20, 2007, 10:48:36 »

I doubt it. But I think your post summarised the point quite nicely.

Well, I suppose it DOES show enthusiasm for the game.... ;)

Stu

MERLINXXX

• Forum member
« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2007, 10:53:11 »

Oh yes, Although I like flying Cessnas and stuff, I am (for my sins) a Great Yarmouth boy thru an thru! LOL!
So ships are in my blood!  ;)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:34 »

Oh yes, Although I like flying Cessnas and stuff, I am (for my sins) a Great Yarmouth boy thru an thru! LOL!
So ships are in my blood!  ;)

You're from Great Yarmouth? I'm from Stalham  ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2007, 13:19:26 »

One thing comes to mind, We seem to be forgetting that what VSTEP is doing with SS08 is still pretty well pioneering stuff..
This is still the first time really that anyone has seriously tried to give us the same fun that flight sim pilots have had for a couple of decades now...
Now I have been a fan of flight and train sims for quite a while,  and I for one am glad that I have something  "nautical but nice" to enjoy at last..
As such it is obvious to me that you are going to have glitches at this stage and as such We should be patient as the end result will enhance what is already a great project.
Don't forget We are all on a learning curve here, and so is VSTEP who is converting for leisure use something that essentially started life as an industry training tool! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;)

(Tools don't usually come with jeweled handles as standard! LOL! ;D ;D ;D ;))
you'r spot on mate ;) ;D

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 42   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines