Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:02:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selsey II - Stop Complaining.  (Read 2586 times)

Ozy783

• Forum member
Selsey II - Stop Complaining.
« on: December 22, 2009, 13:15:44 »

THERE IS A SAYING ?YOU CAN PLEASE SOME PEOPLE SOME  OF THE TIME BUT NOT ALL PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME
 To me people who complain want to first consider the other person that it may offect and the feeling it may
 cause.
 A man who is very busy flying all over the world with his business has had family illness take's the time to
 give forum member's FREE SHIPS ADD ON PACKS TILL EXTREMES and most likely other things planed  later
 on.
 Complaining NO offering a constructive observation yes .
 So to me think before acting because there are also his mission maker's as well to consider who may be hurt

Eric

I'm happy with the ship and so should you be, because I loved it from SS06! =)

I see were some of you are coming from, This Selsey is exactly what I was getting at about converting AI ships to playable which is where people were saying 'It's not good enough for SS08' & 'We only want HQ ships.'
Read Here - http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,16494.0.html

To be honest about this ship it could've had more work done on it to make it 'SS08 standard'.
There aren't any splashes, bad lights, no walkaround and these weird texture things (Might be my card)
Plus the ship's lenght is longer than it shows on the mission editor when you place the ship. and the side camera goes right through the ship. The picture when you select it in the menu is missleading. It's not SS08 standard.
But that's it, It's a good allround ship!

I'm happy with it because I missed it loads from SS06 and I'm using it loads.

I'm just saying.

I like the fact that some one actualy payed attention to my AI Driveable and honestly it's not that good, but loads of fun and it's better to have than not to have. So thanks Terry =) :thumbs:

I love the ship to be honest and I'm happy with it. =)

It's a great ship, it has it's flaws but they are minor! Don't be so ungrateful! And I think everyone will agree with me that the ship aslong as it's playable it doesn't matter. It's an extra ship! It's expanded our gaming in SS08 and it's just like ship from SS06 - You didn't complain then!

So if you love this brand new (it is brand new because it's playable) ship then good for you and it's brilliant to use! -- On the otherhand if you don't like it then delete it from your SS08 game, You don't deserve it if you're gunna be so ungrateful. Let's not forget how new converting a ship from AI to Playable and I bet it's very hard!

It's the best christmas present since the Javelin! =)

I LOVE THIS SHIP - IT'S GREAT!

Ps. Thanks Terry for taking notice of my AI to playable ship topic =)
Ship Simulator 2006 & Ship Simulator 2006: Official Addon
Ship Simulator 2008 & Ship Simulator New Horizons
Ship Simulator Extremes & All DLC

My PC:
AMD Athlon x4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 (Approx. Total Memory: 2423MB)

Daniel Cho

• Forum member
Re: Selsey II - Stop Complaining.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 18:14:55 »

well said :2thumbs:

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 18:52:18 »

Thank you ;)

Maybe this will shut all those ungrateful people up...
Regards,
Jonah

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 23:32:39 »

Ps. Thanks Terry for taking notice of my AI to playable ship topic =)

Hi Ozy!

I must admit that I was actually about a third of the way through the work when I read your post. I was struggling with it at that stage, and your message was one of the things that encouraged me to keep going with it. The feedback from the rest of the Super Pack Team was also a great source of inspiration and encouragement.

The thing to note is that it isn't the 2006 ship. I took the 2008 AI "empty hull" version and deliberately tried to make it as similar as I could. That took three months of work, and I got it as far down the line as I possibly could.

It simply isn't possible for me to add walkthrough mode, splashes, smoke, visibly working propellers or rudders. If I could have done, I would have done. But I couldn't. Not that I don't have the skills or software, but I don't have the access to the source materials, due to licensing constraints and so on.

I do have another vessel I am looking at, for which I have got access to some of those aspect and have therefore managed to complete the walkthrough mode, splashes, visibly working rudders and propellers. Not sure if I can get smoke for this one, though.

And I have some more light-hearted ones that we (the Super-Pack Team) are playing with at the moment. We're having fun.

What's the level of interest in more vessels?

gibby12

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 00:03:48 »

yeah its a cool ship small conatainier vessel and esay to drive

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 00:09:24 »

I just need to wait until tomorrow when we hook up my internet cord so i can download all the Super Packs onto my new computer :) Then i can use the Selsey II for the first time :)
Regards,
Jonah

MMMMMM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 00:54:07 »

Is there a picture of this Ship

aussieseafarer

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 01:03:47 »

Hi Terry,
          Yes please, more ships will be appreciated.
As you are do them in your own time and for free, I for one, certainly will not make demands on which types and features to include.
Rgds Aussieseafarer

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 11:47:59 »

What's the level of interest in more vessels?

Anything that adds to the game and is free is a real bonus - your work is greatly appreciated Terry. The only thing I would like would be towable barges - especially the flat pontoon type the vacuum tower can be carried on. These would be great for the small harbour tug to move around.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 11:50:54 »

Is there already a solution for the Jumbo barges that appears to be flying at about 1 meter above waterlevel?
It's the crew that makes the difference

TerryRussell

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 12:01:15 »

I have a complete schedule that covers all the vessels in the game. Where there are issues that cause problems, and where I have the access to the relevant source materials, I will fix them. Subject to my availability and the seriousness of the problem.

But as I have said elsewhere, I am limited by the access that I have to the source materials. Generally that means I can't create walkthroughs, add smoke or visibly working propellers or rudders. So no moaning about it, please. I trust you didn't upset friends and family who gave you presents over Christmas, saying "Huh, that's not good enough for me!"...

And to those of you who enjoyed it and have thanked us (several hundred people took the time to contact me directly and say thanks), I'd like to say a big "Thank you". That was most appreciated and makes me want to continue with this work.  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:03:07 by TerryRussell »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2009, 12:21:43 »

And to those of you who enjoyed it and have thanked us (several hundred people took the time to contact me directly and say thanks), I'd like to say a big "Thank you". That was most appreciated and makes me want to continue with this work.  :thumbs:

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear the moaners hasn't put you off. Selsey II was a lovely surprise and I have enjoyed playing it. I think some people just do not realise the time and effort you (and the Super Pack team) have put into this.

I'll bow out with a well known adage: "Don't judge a book by its cover".
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Ozy783

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 01:50:51 »

Hi Ozy!

I must admit that I was actually about a third of the way through the work when I read your post. I was struggling with it at that stage, and your message was one of the things that encouraged me to keep going with it. The feedback from the rest of the Super Pack Team was also a great source of inspiration and encouragement...

That's good to know =)

...What's the level of interest in more vessels?

Very Interested! Anything to expand our gameplay  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:52:27 by Ozy783 »
Ship Simulator 2006 & Ship Simulator 2006: Official Addon
Ship Simulator 2008 & Ship Simulator New Horizons
Ship Simulator Extremes & All DLC

My PC:
AMD Athlon x4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
4096MB RAM
Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 (Approx. Total Memory: 2423MB)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 10:11:08 »

Incidentially, I re-installed SS2006 on my PC last night and played some vessels. Not a single of them had a movable rudder and propellers (and that was for the official Vstep vessel), so there was not much Terry could do about it.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

K Jack

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 21:19:14 »

I don't mind having Selsey II as a new player ship. Terry, i was hoping if a warship or an icebreaker ship will be also available SS08. When i saw under SS Extremes video on SS08 home page, i really want to try those ships myself.  :blush:
Captain Jack, explorer of seven seas.

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 21:31:53 »

I don't mind having Selsey II as a new player ship. Terry, i was hoping if a warship or an icebreaker ship will be also available SS08. When i saw under SS Extremes video on SS08 home page, i really want to try those ships myself.  :blush:

They won't be in SS08. Vstep will make you wait.
Almost never here, try here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines