Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 16:47:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Simulator 2008 Mission Editor  (Read 12264 times)

oliap

• Forum member
Ship Simulator 2008 Mission Editor
« on: November 30, 2009, 15:03:39 »

Hello!
Please, help to understand with Ship Simulator 2008 Mission Editor.
Download from your site «manual Mission Editor», I have made all as there it is written, have saved again created mission.
Then has opened Ship Simulator 2008, v 1.4 – there is nothing  in "custom missions". Where are new missions saved? What have i made wrong?
Many thanks for the help beforehand

mvsmith

Re: Ship Simulator 2008 Mission Editor
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 15:32:21 »

Hi Oliap,

The Mission Editor saves your missions in the Custom missions folder, and you play them via Play > Custom missions.

Be sure that you have saved the mission as explained in the tutorial.

The latest version of the Mission Editor Tutorial is available from this post:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html

Regards,
Marty

oliap

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 19:43:15 »

Many thanks for the answer!
Has tried some more times, all the same it does not work.
I have done all according to manual Mission Editor.
I have done the following:
1. «Drag and drop a rescue boat from the list of player ships into the scene»
2. «Drag Area into the scene. Click on “Edit object” at the bottom, to give the area a name. Type  in “Drowning person”»
3. «Also  from  the  list of Static objects, drag  in a “Luxury motor yacht”  into  the scene»
4. «Go to the Mission section. Now click on “Define WP”. Click on Rescue boat and then on Next.»
5. «In the next dialog box select the “Area drowning person”. Click on Next»
6. «Fill the waypoint dialog box in as shown in the image on the screenshot, has written the text in «Waypoint texts» and «Waypoint reached text»
7. Small green dots indicators switched, then click Done
8. “I have done click on “Define WP”, select the Rescue  boat  as  the  player  ship,  and  select  the “Luxury motor yacht” as  the waypoint object”
9. «Fill the waypoint dialog box in as shown in the image on the screenshot, has written the text in «Waypoint texts» and «Waypoint reached text»
10. Small green dots indicators switched, then click Done

Then click «File > Save mission», appear dialog box:
                Save this mission
                        Filename:
                      Phi Phi. xml
              Date and time: 11/30/09
                        18:28:04
              Enter your name:

After writing my name, click Save, dialog box disappear.
Then closed Mission Editor, open ShipSim2008 > Play > Custom mission, and again there is nothing
Weather, AI, Environment, Moorage and Transfer, Points did not touch – may the problem be in it?
But in «ShipSim2008 UserData - Custom Missions» a picture of new mission appeared.

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:43:22 »

Hi Oliap,
Were you following the directions in the VSTEP manual for the Mission Editor or those in the Mission Editor tutorial from the link that I gave you?
In your Custom missions folder you should find both a Phi Phi.xml file and a Phi Phi.png file.
What is the version and build number for your Ship Simulator? You will find them in the lower left corner of the opening screen.
Regards,
Marty

oliap

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:48:02 »

Hi, Marty
I followed the directions from http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,4509.0.html

The link you gave me says «The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you»

In my Custom missions folder there is only Phi Phi.png file.

My Ship Simulator has version 1.4 and build 1034

Regards, oliap

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 11:20:20 »

Hi Oliap,
You will need to download update the currant version is 1.4.2 build 1038
you can get update from the download section
                                                                                   Eric

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 11:30:16 »

Hi Oliap,
You first need to register your SS 2008 serial number so that you can access the Missions section and the Technical support section. You will then be able to download the Mission Editor tutorial.
You then should update SS to 1.4.2 and build 1038. You can find help in doing that on the technical support board.
After you have updated your program, you can ask questions about the Mission Editor on the Missions board.
Regards,
Marty

oliap

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 17:38:07 »

Hi to all!
Thanks a lot for your help. Downloadid Ship Simulator 2008 Update v1.x -> v1.4.2
When I started the game, I was asked for license key for Ship Simulator 2008. After entering the key, it was written «Error: No valid license key entered»
Mission Editor starts without the key, now the v.1.4.2, build 1038.
At first, I had a Ship Simulator 2008 v. 1.0, build 1000.
Recently I installed Ship Simulator 2008 New Horizons (it became v. 1.4, build 1034), used the same license key, as now, everything was normal, now «No valid license key entered»
What shall I do?
Regards, oliap

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 21:41:26 »

Hi oliap,
You should have two licence keys, one for SS08 and one for New Horizons.
When you update to 1.4.2 you should enter the licence key for SS08.
If you have entered your SS08 key and it still comes up with that error then the only thing I can suggest is that you PM Mad_Fred, (by going to one of his posts and clicking on the Personal Message icon), with a brief explanation of your problem and your two licence keys. Do not post your licence keys on the forum

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

oliap

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 11:35:38 »

Hi to all!
I understood the license keys, all license keys are working, but still I can not get a custom mission.
The game is fully removed, then installed SS2008 v1.0, build 1000
Then installed update v1.x-v1.4.2. Now both SS2008 and the Mission Editor have v1.4.2, build 1038
Again, I try to create a mission in the Mission Editor, keep it, start the SS2008, and in the Custom Mission there is nothing again.
I even do not know what else to try.
Another interesting point – after updating, Ship Simulator had v1.4.2, build 1038. Then after installing New Horizons, it became v1.4, build 1034. Is it ok?
P.S. There was another problem, now in Ship Simulator 2008 v.1.4.2, build 1038 - the saved games do not start - I go to the «Load savegame», the saved game does not start, the press START is not active (gray)
Regards, oliap
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:37:18 by oliap »

mvsmith

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 13:45:23 »

Hi Oliap,

You still have not registered your Ship Simulator 2008 license key in your forum profile.
You must do that in order to have access to the Technical support section and the Missions section. We cannot give further support on this section of the forum.

In the Technical support section, you will find bold blue topics that explain how to properly update your SS installation. There is a flow chart that shows the correct order that you must follow in applying the various updates.
You should be at v1.4.2 build 1038 after New Horizons. You may need to apply the 1.3 > 1.4.2 update again.

There are bold blue topics on the Missions board that tell you how to download the Mission Editor tutorial, and the Mission Manual in PDF form. These are not the same as the manuals from VSTEP.

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines