Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 23:16:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack BUG!!  (Read 7945 times)

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack BUG!!
« on: November 07, 2009, 12:27:36 »

Hello!

I downloaded  Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack! So i instal it and I went to play game...
I went to free roming and i saw that lights don't work on P&O but OK i sad it works just on missions right??

So i went to mission but i can't play any of this new missions because it says that the ships wich are included in this mission aren't included in my version of ship simulator 2008???????????
What do i need to have add-on? I now that i need to hav it for Angel but for P&O?????????????????
He is included in originial version so why i can't paly new missions?????????????????????????????????????

And are the new cool lights vorks just in mission?????  ??? ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :-\

Please help!!!!

Good by!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:29:20 by mekerica »

TJK

Re: Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack BUG!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:36:59 »

When you install the add ones you most those to install the lights and to run missions you need New Horizon add one and some of them need Elbe and Furie you can bay them in the shipyard and Jumbo Javelin a free ship download from you profile here on the forum, Lights shod work if they are installed.
Even in a POR mission it can have a add ones ship as a AI or static ship and then you cant play it
TJK
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 12:40:22 by TJK »

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 12:46:51 »

YES!
I instaled all the free add-on pack ALL! But i don't have add-on!
So how can i play that mission??? Lights stil dosen't work BUT I INSTALED THE PACK!!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\

TJK

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 12:52:29 »

YES!
I instaled all the free add-on pack ALL! But i don't have add-on!
So how can i play that mission??? Lights stil dosen't work BUT I INSTALED THE PACK!!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\

well if you not have the New Horizon and or Elbe and Furie you can't play this missions, read the readme file that's provided in the mission pack, you find it in here
 C:\Users\your username\Documents\ShipSim2008 UserData\Custom Missions\Readme
TJK

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 12:57:11 »

OH  :-\ :-\ :-\

But it's OK! I have alredy thinkig to buy Collector's Edition ( with New Horizonts ) and maybe Ebe...
So I hope then will work!!

But just one more questions!!

I instaled the Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack so can i now see the P&O light in free roming??
Cose i try BUT IT DIDN'T WORK  :-\

Thanks on help!  ;)

Good bye!

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 13:05:19 »

But it's OK! I have alredy thinkig to buy Collector's Edition ( with New Horizonts ) and maybe Ebe...

I instaled the Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack so can i now see the P&O light in free roming??

Thanks on help!  ;)

Good bye!

It should work at night on Free Roaming

TJK

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 13:06:31 »

Thanks on help!  ;)

Good bye!
I have sent you a pm

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 13:46:03 »

Il upload an video i create with this problem so you'l se the problem well...

Good bye!

ivanoile

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 12:22:54 »

I downloaded Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack,I instaled Super Pack,when i opened SS2008 Pride of Rotterdam had the same lights and controls >:( .

Can someone tell me WHY?? ??? .

Regards
ivanoile

TJK

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 12:31:52 »

I downloaded Pride of Rotterdam & Portoferraio Angel Super Pack,I instaled Super Pack,when i opened SS2008 Pride of Rotterdam had the same lights and controls >:( .

Can someone tell me WHY?? ??? .

Regards
ivanoile
HI ivanoile
Welcome to the forum Ivan
try to run the installation again scroll down in the windows that tell you watt you are installing, mark the box for controllers and watt light you want to install, it's different types of light
TJK

steveboston

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 12:41:33 »

My problem was with the Pride. All the super packs work well including this - except the ship dynamics of POR.

I tried leaving a ferry berth like many times before. Astern port engine, Ahead Stbd and Stbd bow thruster to move sideways. At this point I found the astern power was very low. Finally out far enough and I tried  to back out as far as the place I usually swing 180 degrees but it was painfully slow. I thought it might be aground but no - it was just not much power. I later used the pack installer to revert to old POR dynamics and keep all the other improvements.

That fixed it. I never found out what other 'improvements' to the dynamics were but it seems that at least one thing was worse. I am assuming that, like similar ferries the Pride should be able to do more than  1 to 2 knots astern.
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 14:38:22 »

My problem was with the Pride. All the super packs work well including this - except the ship dynamics of POR.

I tried leaving a ferry berth like many times before. Astern port engine, Ahead Stbd and Stbd bow thruster to move sideways. At this point I found the astern power was very low. Finally out far enough and I tried  to back out as far as the place I usually swing 180 degrees but it was painfully slow. I thought it might be aground but no - it was just not much power. I later used the pack installer to revert to old POR dynamics and keep all the other improvements.

That fixed it. I never found out what other 'improvements' to the dynamics were but it seems that at least one thing was worse. I am assuming that, like similar ferries the Pride should be able to do more than  1 to 2 knots astern.

Hi Steve,

A few people have made this comment. That the original Pride of Rotterdam dynamics were better.

From what I know, P&O were not very helpful in informing V-STEP on the Pride of Rotterdam's handling characteristics. So V-STEP virtually have to guess what she handles like. However, I understand your point completely, and I also believe the original dynamics were better. However, I myself am not a Pride of Rotterdam user, So I'm only really speaking on behalf of a few friends that are.

Kind Regards,
Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 14:45:53 »

Hi Steve,
The superpack will restore the original Dyn if you run it again and tick the restore button
 for p.o.r
                                                                                                       Eric

Nathan|C

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 16:10:21 »

P&O never supplied the real ships dynamics to VSTEP, which didn't help. I took some pictures of the bridge poster and pilot card and sent them to Terry and Pjotr, so hopefully it will get more realistic in the future. I noticed with the new dynamics, when a stern rope is attached and the bow thruster switched on when leaving the P&O terminal, the ship lists quite badly  :-\

TerryRussell

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 22:56:54 »

As with all things in simulators, the aspects of the vessel's performance that can be varied are limited and inter-reletaed. Changing one thing will affect many other things. No matter which set of characteristics get improved, somone will find that they don't like some other aspect which has also been changed.

As most of the time in PoR will be spent going forward, the forward-going characteristics seemed more important than going aftwards.

As Sadsid says, if you don't like it, the remedy is simple. Run the installer again and select the original characteristics. Easy!

ivanoile

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 08:27:54 »

Do you get boats when you get higher class ???
I know that this is maybe stupid question but can someone please answer me ???

Regards
Ivan

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 10:34:40 »

Do you get boats when you get higher class ???
I know that this is maybe stupid question but can someone please answer me ???

Regards
Ivan

No, that is just for showing fellow members how much you play the game and stuff, it has no effect in the game.

ivanoile

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 12:43:40 »

When do you get new boats :C

TJK

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 12:47:13 »

When do you get new boats :C

You can get a free new ship in you Profile Jumbo Javelin
and in the shipyard you can bay ships, Elbe, Furie and Ocean Star
TJK

ivanoile

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 12:48:46 »

So only one ship will be new in game ???  (and free) :-\

TJK

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 12:51:31 »

So only one ship will be new in game ???  (and free) :-\

Yes, but you can wait till Shipsim Extreme are been released in 2010, their will it come new things, ship, environments etc.
TJK

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 11:57:42 »

The Pride of Rotterdam has been berthed in the Europort Harbour. How do I correctly unberth her? With the bowthruster I can loosen the bow from the berth. But while swinging her bow to starboard, the sterns turns to port and hits the berth, which causes damage. What must I do to prevent the stern from swinging to port while using the bow thruster to swing the bow to starboard. I know that I have to fiddle with her engines and her rudder.

The Pride of Rotterdam should move sideways from her berth, how do I do this with the engines and the rudder?

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 12:00:10 »

When moving away have the rudders full to port and have a little bit of power from the engines, as soon as the stern starts to move away put the bow thruster on to starboard and remember to turn the engines off as soon as possible as you don't want to go too near the walls

Thats how I do it :)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 12:03:16 »

The Pride of Rotterdam has been berthed in the Europort Harbour. How do I correctly unberth her? With the bowthruster I can loosen the bow from the berth. But while swinging her bow to starboard, the sterns turns to port and hits the berth, which causes damage. What must I do to prevent the stern from swinging to port while using the bow thruster to swing the bow to starboard. I know that I have to fiddle with her engines and her rudder.

The Pride of Rotterdam should move sideways from her berth, how do I do this with the engines and the rudder?

Set the bowthruster to starboard (to move the bow away from the berth), set the portside engine astern and the starbordside engine ahead. You can also give hard port rudder. Be gentle with the main engines, you need to find a balance to make the Pride go sideways. The power setting of the main engines should be 15% or so, but that's trial and error!

With every twin screw vessel, you can set one engine ahead and the other engine astern to create a 'momentum'. In combination with the bowthruster you can turn her on the spot.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:05:08 by Ballast »
It's the crew that makes the difference

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 12:12:50 »

@Ballast:
Set the bowthruster to starboard (to move the bow away from the berth), set the portside engine astern and the starbordside engine ahead. You can also give hard port rudder. Be gentle with the main engines, you need to find a balance to make the Pride go sideways. The power setting of the main engines should be 15% or so, but that's trial and error!

With every twin screw vessel, you can set one engine ahead and the other engine astern to create a 'momentum'. In combination with the bowthruster you can turn her on the spot.

It's a question of countersteering for compensating the swing caused by the bowthruster.

Ballast and Tractorman, how do I correctly berth the Pride of Rotterdam without colliding with the berth? I know that I havo to approach the berth very slowley, a few knots.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 12:16:21 by MokMok »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines