Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 22:31:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: last time  (Read 1634 times)

cargoman

• Forum member
last time
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:41:10 »

my last post on this.
will my 1.9 Ghz laptop work with SS08?
ive tried the demo does this mean it wil work?

laganviking

• Forum member
Re: last time
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:26:47 »

It will work on most under-spec machines...

However, in game performance will be poor.

Is the machine XP or Vista. How much RAM do you have?
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

cargoman

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 11:30:56 »

2 gb of RAM , vista

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:39:30 »

How long do you intend to carry on with this question?

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,16160.msg211185.html#msg211185
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,16154.msg211029.html#msg211029

The answer has been given in a quite clear manner already. But the only way you will be completely satisfied is to try it out and see for yourself. We have tried our best to give an answer. So please, please, do make this the last time. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:42:47 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 11:47:41 »

You need at least 2GB of RAM to run it on Vista, as it has been stated before, so it may work. If your graphics card isn't memory hungry.

To put it in black and white...
With minimum RAM and below minimum proccessor speed no guarentees can be made that it will run smoothly.
Saying that people have managed to get it running before in the past. My laptop ran it jerkily on XP wil 1GB RAM and 1.8GHz.

If you do buy it dont be expecting it to be perfect, however, if and when you do decide to buy it, you can help boost your RAM if you need to do so by using a 4GB USB and using readyboost to help speed things up a bit.

If you have another computer ie desktop at home you could always try it on that failing it running on the laptop, as laptops aren't as powerful/advanced as the desktops at present.

Hope that finally puts to rest any fears you have
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 15:19:23 »

Angus, thanks for the lesson to us all in tact and diplomacy  :lol: Your patience is a virtue.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 17:25:06 »

Angus, thanks for the lesson to us all in tact and diplomacy  :lol: Your patience is a virtue.

Stu,
It does get tiresome answering the same question over and over, especially when it is asked by the same person.
Many questions that could be answered in a single post (though not always with either “yes” or “no”) run on for pages full of conflicting opinions or inanities. It then becomes difficult for the original poster to sort out the answer from the trash. This often leads to his asking the question over and over.
Regards,
Marty

What also gets very tiresome is people who never contribute anything useful to solving problems, but are quick to criticize the manners of those who do.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 17:30:32 by mvsmith »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 17:36:48 »

What also gets very tiresome is people who never contribute anything useful to solving problems, but are quick to criticize the manners of those who do.

Whoah! Hold your horses. That was not in any way a criticism of Angus at all. I hold him in extremely high regard and if I did have a criticism of him directly I would do it in a private message.

I invite you to withdraw your comment.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 19:14:19 »

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,15844.0.html   

keep it gnarly

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 19:44:48 »

WM- I won't get drawn into an arguement with you or anyone else on this. Although I suspect your post was designed to substantiate MVSmiths post, I think it might have had the opposite effect judging by the comments posted.

Whether my own post was warranted or worthwhile is not the issue. My issue is that I was not criticising Angus at all and to suggest otherwise is totally out of order.

You are very good at finding previous posts- find me one where I criticise Angus and I will eat my computer.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 20:08:08 »

Could we please just stop this silly messing about? No one has been critical of me, nor of any one else either, so please stop this pointless foolery. Remember I do have a banning finger, and it's getting itchy. Very itchy. :police:

Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 20:08:19 »

You are very good at finding previous posts- find me one where I criticise Angus and I will eat my computer.

Can't remember if I saw something like that.  ;D
keep it gnarly

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 20:25:41 »

Can't remember if I saw something like that.  ;D

Right, I for one am off to cause a war in another topic (under an illegal second account: I shall call myself WaveMusic)  ;D

I would offer everyone a decent brandy and cigar, but since none of you live near my pub, I can't. So tough.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines