Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:20:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how long?  (Read 868 times)

cargoman

• Forum member
how long?
« on: October 30, 2009, 08:36:39 »

how long is a trip from rotterdam to new york by cargo ship? (in simulator)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: how long?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 09:33:59 »

depends how long you want it to take, I can do it in about 5 seconds if you would like.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 10:41:43 »

depends how long you want it to take, I can do it in about 5 seconds if you would like.

Yeh, it's called the switch map button ;)

Well it does seriously depend on which start point and end point you have really. It's almost like saying how long is a peice of string.

I guess it can take you about an hour, or just half an hour depending on where you're going.
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 15:15:01 »

In “Titanic 2 Maiden Voyage” you can spend 4 ½ happy hours taking Titanic from Southampton to New York. There are other missions that have similar lengths.
It just depends upon how many ocean environments the creator wants to string together. As each environment is only 15 nautical miles across, it can take a few to cover the whole ocean transit.

It is possible to stretch each ocean environment to as much as 150 nm, but there are very few who really want to spend that much time crossing the ocean.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 15:21:07 by mvsmith »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines