Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 12:20:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Your Spelling Errors  (Read 5528 times)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Post Your Spelling Errors
« on: August 09, 2007, 19:37:23 »

This is not a rant, the game is great and I don't want anyone yelling at me telling me VSTEP had better things to do, I know this I just want to tell them some mistakes so that they can fix them in a later patch when they have time.

Yesterday I was playing the Oil Rig mission were you have to tow it.

I noticed once I got to the waypoint and attached the tow ropes it says "WayPoint Reached - Connect the towing lines to te rig"

It said te instead of the, I still understood what it meant, but it was a small mistake.

I know on the titanic the telemoter says teleLmoter on it. (Got that from who ever posted it on the titanic pics on media) Credits to whoever posted that.

Post you spelling errors just so that they have a big place to put them.

Alazose - I’d like to point out that on the back side of the SS2008 CD Box, the game description states, “exiting new missions and free roaming…”  I’m sure they meant “exciting”. 

muns - In the solent environment there is a place called Hythe, on the SS08 charts it is shown as "Hyth".

Not necessarily a spelling mistake but also in the solent environment and on the charts the "Falwey Marine Terminal" (for the refinery) is shown as "Fawley Marina Terminal".
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 19:24:25 by Agent|Austin »

Al Bundy

• Forum member
Re: Spelling
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 20:03:14 »

theres njothing bad aboutspelling,as long as you understand it,none got hurt,noeone died,nothing bad ever happened, so why care about mistakes?were only human and noone is perfect.

There is nothing wrong about letting VStep know about spelling mistakes. As Agent|Austin points out they can correct it or not when they have the time.

People complain about bugs event hough "noone died, nothing bad ever happened and were only human and noone is perfect"

As a webmaster I am happy when people points out my spelling mistakes.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 20:25:46 »

There is nothing wrong about letting VStep know about spelling mistakes. As Agent|Austin points out they can correct it or not when they have the time.

People complain about bugs event hough "noone died, nothing bad ever happened and were only human and noone is perfect"

As a webmaster I am happy when people points out my spelling mistakes.

Thank you

@ Shipsim -

I know that we make mistakes but we can help them find them and correct them to make them look better, would you buy a game from a site that sounds like this

By meh gam fr 4 bucks plox.

or Please buy my game, it is only 4 dollars for a great and exiting game.

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 20:46:01 »

The correct term for what is called a mooring "boulder" in the game is actually a bollard in English

Water Weasel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 21:18:43 »

This is not a rant, the game is great and I don't want anyone yelling at me telling me VSTEP had better things to do, I know this I just want to tell them some mistakes so that they can fix them in a later patch when they have time.

Note to members, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it.

Yesterday I was playing the Oil Rig mission were you have to tow it.

I noticed once I got to the waypoint and attached the tow ropes it says "WayPoint Reached - Connect the towing lines to te rig"

It said te instead of the, I still understood what it meant, but it was a small mistake.

I know on the titanic the telemoter says teleLmoter on it. (Got that from who ever posted it on the titanic pics on media) Credits to whoever posted that.

Post you spelling errors just so that they have a big place to put them.

That should be: Post your spelling errors just so that they have a big place to put them.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 23:01:42 »

Note to members, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it.

I don't think you can tell people what they can and can't post here, thanks. But you are right in what you say about the spelling and if it hasn't already been sorted in the new patch, I am sure it will be spotted now.

Although not really an excuse, remember that the developers are writing in languages other than their first. Mistakes will happen. Well spotted though.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 01:38:37 »

While we’re on the topic, I’d like to point out that on the back side of the SS2008 CD Box, the game description states, “exiting new missions and free roaming…”  I’m sure they meant “exciting”. 

muns

• Forum member
Re: Post Your Spelling Errors
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 07:17:15 »

How about these....

In the solent environment there is a place called Hythe, on the SS08 charts it is shown as "Hyth".

Not necessarily a spelling mistake but also in the solent environment and on the charts the "Falwey Marine Terminal" (for the refinery) is shown as "Fawley Marina Terminal".

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 12:02:49 »

While we’re on the topic, I’d like to point out that on the back side of the SS2008 CD Box, the game description states, “exiting new missions and free roaming…”  I’m sure they meant “exciting”. 
That doesn't stand on my box at all...is there different versions of the box?

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 14:29:09 »

If it's not on your box they must have corrected it.  Fast work.

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 15:23:38 »

I have taken a photo of my box but i cant get the file small enough to post it here and still be able to read what it says.
But anyways it doesn't quiet look like yours so there may be different version of the box.

kev600

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 20:19:39 »

shut the heck up about b****y spelling errors. The actual gameplay and graphics is more important!

Edited for language, DJM.  Maybe a more pleasant reaction would be better :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:11:39 by [RWP]DJM »
Regards Kevin,
Titanic Research Group

Remember The Elite Officers that perished on that night:

Captain E.J. Smith
Chief Officer Henry Tingle Wilde
First Officer William McMaster Murdoch
Sixth Officer James Paul Moody
Chief Engineer Jo

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 20:30:38 »

Yes kev600 i completely agree that the gameplay and graphics are the most important but as Agent|Austin said in the first post the spelling errors are just something Vstep can fix if they are getting bored ;)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 06:20:14 »

shut the heck up about b****y spelling errors. The actual gameplay and graphics is more important!

Obviously you didn't read my post. Maybe try not spamming and actually do this forum some good.

READ MY TOPIC before you post stupid things...

Quote Edited for language, DJM.  See the original post that the quote relates to :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:13:40 by [RWP]DJM »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines