Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 17:46:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naval Order of Battle  (Read 1880 times)

TUMBRA

• Forum member
Naval Order of Battle
« on: October 07, 2009, 18:05:28 »

I'm currently working on a project where I need to get the Naval Forces of Cuba, Venezula, Russia, Ecuador, and China.  I've searched several sites but have had no success. I work with Open Flight files but can import 3DS files as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Has anyone every develope the navy for an entire country? Any help will be appreciated.

mvsmith

Re: Naval Order of Battle
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 19:12:27 »

Hi Tumbra,

You have not said whether you need just visual 3D models, or functioning models with somewhat realistic dynamic behavior. The latter is what VSTEP, the developer of Ship Simulator, does, but their models are specific to the sea model in the game. They make few military models; many are available only to specific clients.
You may find members in this section of the forum who have made non-functioning 3D models of military craft.

Another possibility is to talk to the research people in the model sections of maritime simulator companies. Many of them are also hobbyists and gamers. They might have suggestions.
In the US, the largest such section that I’m acquainted with is at MSI. They have produced a very large fleet of commercial and US Naval vessels. Here is a link to an older model list:

http://www.marinesafety.com/research/ship_models.php

It might be worth a shot to write to them. Be very clear as to what you want.
Good luck on your hunt.
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines