Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:06:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pause when going out of the window  (Read 1042 times)

Cano

• Forum member
Pause when going out of the window
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:53:51 »

Hello, in the SS8 demo I was able to run it in a window, and then go out of that window while the sim was still running. This way I was able do other things (work in photoshop, p.e.) and do some long sail at the same time. Today I bought Ship Simulator 2008 collectors edition and, to my surprise, it seems that if I go out of the window the sim pauses.
Is there any way to run the sim in the bacground without pause?
Thanks

Gps Josh

Re: Pause when going out of the window
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 21:50:13 »

It stops becase i dosent want you crash and somtimes it dosent..................it never knows if you in the
sea or ports so the game thinks your going to crash which was put in the upgrade

but i dont know how to make i continue along ???

have fun out there!

TJK

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 22:17:17 »

Hello, in the SS8 demo I was able to run it in a window, and then go out of that window while the sim was still running. This way I was able do other things (work in photoshop, p.e.) and do some long sail at the same time. Today I bought Ship Simulator 2008 collectors edition and, to my surprise, it seems that if I go out of the window the sim pauses.
Is there any way to run the sim in the bacground without pause?
Thanks
run the game, go to option and graphic
Look on the picture and you shud run the game windowed
TJK/Tore
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 22:19:04 by TJK »

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 00:09:50 »

Hi Cano,

The game pauses when you leave its window because that is the sensible thing for it to do.
The ships have no autopilots. If it does not have your full attention, it is unsafe for it to proceed.
A more practical reason is that the processor and ram requirements are very high in many of the missions. Attempting to run it in the background while other demanding programs are running would inevitably lead to crashes, cries for help from technical support, and demands that QuestViewer be scrapped.
The demo is not as demanding, so there is less chance of a crash.
Regards,
Marty

Cano

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:46 »

All right, thanks for the answers, I was curious about it since I was able to do it in the demo. I'll sail with full attention to the ship, then  :D

Safe sails!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines