Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:06:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: red eagle  (Read 2947 times)

ryano1989

• Forum member
red eagle
« on: September 30, 2009, 18:25:23 »

i just realized the awesome manuverability with this double ended ferry
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 19:44:21 by ryano1989 »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: RED EAGLE FERRY
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 18:42:11 »

I JUST REALIZED ALL THE GREAT FEATURES OF THE VOITH DRIVES AT EACH END :police:

Excellent  :2thumbs:

Once you get the hang of it, you can see that the Red Eagle has really great manoeuvrability  :thumbs:

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: RED EAGLE FERRY
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 18:48:35 »

Yes, she's one of my favourites.. :)
Try getting her in here..it's good practice.. ;D

jcm2573

• Forum member
Re: red eagle
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 22:58:43 »

*lols under table*  :lol:  :lol: ...............time to call the  :police: to arrest you for parking at the wrong terminal.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Hi, I'm Jcm2573. I usually play on the Solent servers of SS08. :captain:

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 23:30:26 »

Ive figured out how to propell her and how to turn , reverse still need help

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 23:34:21 »

At first it was impossible for me, I didn't understand how it works, but I learned when practising to one of Terry's old mp contest he used to run. After that it has been one of my favorite ships to use in SS, glad you learned about the joy of it.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 18:41:18 »

I love Red Eagle. It is so easy to turn it around.

The lower two wheels control the power of each of the thrusters.

The upper two wheels control which way the thrust is going. You'll see a dial for each of these "direction" wheels, that has a white line indicating the way that the thruster will move the vessel.

So, to get going, apply power to both thrusters by turning the lower two wheels. Set them the same, or else you'll go round in a circle.

To reverse, just spin the two direction wheels so that the white line points downwards. To go sideways, set them so that the white lines both point sideways.

To turn the vessel around, set one line to point to the left and the other to point to the right.

You'll soon get the hang of it.  :thumbs:

PS if you want to get Red Eagle into Portsmouth Harbour, there is an updated version on Creators forum.

Also, I created a set of missions that use Red Eagle in the Solent. You'll find those to be a great deal of fun once you learn to steer Red Eagle.

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 17:29:03 »

When I first got SS08, and went to the missions screen, I noticed that there were no missions invloving the Red Eagle.  I wonder why?
All ahead full!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 18:01:25 »

Dr Terrance is right of course... But mention should be made of the ultimate in RE:

Use view 3 to position yourself at the rear of the bridge- now use the pop up engine/'rudder' controls to sail the vessel backwards- remember that the front control is now the back and the back control is now the front.

That way you can sail a return crossing without re-loading.... Proper Soton-Cowes (in one environment).
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

TerryRussell

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 21:17:54 »

Dr Terrance Terence is right of course... But mention should be made of the ultimate in RE:

Use view 3 to position yourself at the rear of the bridge- now use the pop up engine/'rudder' controls to sail the vessel backwards- remember that the front control is now the back and the back control is now the front.

That way you can sail a return crossing without re-loading.... Proper Soton-Cowes (in one environment).

If you install the update from Creators Forum, the controls are the correct way around.

rich84

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 23:07:27 »

If you install the update from Creators Forum, the controls are the correct way around.

Hi, can someone please tell me where I can find this update on the creators forum, I have an account but I can only access the mission section.

mvsmith

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 00:19:03 »

Hi Rich,

In the top bold blue topic on the Missions board, you can download INFO1.pdf with instructions for operating Red Eagle from the after control station (in camera 3).
These instructions apply to the original version of the controls.

Regards,
Marty

rich84

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 11:23:52 »

I thought it was some kind of steering mod to download & install, but its just a .pdf file explaining how to control it.

Ta

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 18:12:11 »

Sorry Terry.

I'm sure it will be Sir Terry after the new years list anyway. Possibly Lord Russel of Forumdom- special advisor to the Government for something!

I think this is a very useful update. Who made the update? Vstep or yourself? If it's Vstep I'm a tad surprised it wasn't notified in a bulletin. If it it wasn't Vstep than I'm a tad surprised that they didn't fix it. Either way, well worth downloading methinks.

Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

TerryRussell

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 22:31:32 »

I thought it was some kind of steering mod to download & install, but its just a .pdf file explaining how to control it.

Ta

No, the one on Creators Forum is a new version of Red Eagle. Marty is speaking of something different.

Go to the Missions section on Creators Forum. Select "Updates & Add-ons" as the environment. There are several pages of things, but you'll find it in that list.

Sorry Terry.

I'm sure it will be Sir Terry after the new years list anyway. Possibly Lord Russel of Forumdom- special advisor to the Government for something!

I think this is a very useful update. Who made the update? Vstep or yourself? If it's Vstep I'm a tad surprised it wasn't notified in a bulletin. If it it wasn't Vstep than I'm a tad surprised that they didn't fix it. Either way, well worth downloading methinks.

I'm tring to buy the title "Lord of Brighton" right now (really!). Chris Eubank used to own it, but he went bankrupt and it is being auctioned off. I have a man with a bag of money working for me...
See http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/quirkies/4516336.Eubank_s_Brighton_Lordship_title_is_up_for_sale/ if you think I am joking.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 22:33:50 »

No, the one on Creators Forum is a new version of Red Eagle. Marty is speaking of something different.

Go to the Missions section on Creators Forum. Select "Updates & Add-ons" as the environment. There are several pages of things, but you'll find it in that list.

I'm tring to buy the title "Lord of Brighton" right now (really!). Chris Eubank used to own it, but he went bankrupt and it is being auctioned off. I have a man with a bag of money working for me...
See http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/quirkies/4516336.Eubank_s_Brighton_Lordship_title_is_up_for_sale/ if you think I am joking.

;D

Haha

Good Luck Sir Terry...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines