Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 09:28:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VSTEP repaint request  (Read 8367 times)

tomvidelo

• Forum member
VSTEP repaint request
« on: September 26, 2009, 14:41:44 »

hey
I was wondering if VSTEP could repaint the Arie Visser in RNLI colours? I dont mind that the RNLI dont use it, but a rescue boat in RNLI colours would be great.
Could they do that, then release the skin for download? I'm sure it'd be very popular :)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: VSTEP repaint request
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 14:43:55 »

Hello tomvidelo,

It's not permitted to just repaint some content into the colors of a real life company or department or such.

Permission is required, from them, to be able to put something like that in a commercial product, like a computer game.

And as the RNLI doesn't use these vessels, I would highly doubt they would grant the rights to use their colors on the Arie Visser.

Hence, the chances of this happening are very slim to none, I fear.

Regards,
Fred

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 15:10:58 »

Fred, then how come P6 was repainted in RNLI colours & "officially" released together with the custom mission, etc. ?
keep it gnarly

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 15:23:49 »

Officially?  where?

The creator's forum content is not official addon material. Custom missions aren't either. Even though the CF is the closest affiliate, it's not an official Vstep forum.

Vstep themselves will not just make something that they do not have permission for. And this was a request to them.

And if the RNLI makes a fuss about it, Vstep will have to close off that user made addon. Same goes for the other colors that the P-6 comes in.

Fred
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 15:26:06 by Mad_Fred »

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 16:19:50 »

Oh, now it's clear.  :thumbs:
keep it gnarly

TerryRussell

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 20:39:56 »

I have to say that none of the P6 reskins on Creators Forum actually show "real" colours. The RNLI reskin is only the creators impression. RNLI colours are significantly different.

There is no way that the RNLI could get upset over the reskin. Same with the other reskins, I suspect.

In any case, they have all been collected from various posts on this very forum...

methos

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 23:45:20 »

Hello tomvidelo,

It's not permitted to just repaint some content into the colors of a real life company or department or such.

Permission is required, from them, to be able to put something like that in a commercial product, like a computer game.

And as the RNLI doesn't use these vessels, I would highly doubt they would grant the rights to use their colors on the Arie Visser.

Hence, the chances of this happening are very slim to none, I fear.

bit old this topic but and my first post (this aint ment in an horrid way  8)), but why would a company be fussed about a game boat being re-livered ?
i do this all time with a train sim, got my own companies along side real past and present....if the companies have to get so worked up about the liveries in a game/simulator then thats just silly and childish.
you dont see this argument on any train sim so why do ship/boat sims have to be different....its a simulator, does it REALLY matter what livery the objects are in.  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines