Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 15:49:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: VSTEP twitter  (Read 4870 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: VSTEP twitter
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 14:20:49 »

Without bringing politics into it (especially outside UK that might not have seen this 'headline news'  ::) ) I actually agree with David Cameron on his opinion of 'twitterers' (his exact word not used here, to avoid offence...)

Anyone who saw the 'riveting' interview played over and over again on ITV/BBC will know what I mean  ;)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 16:18:22 »

I'm gonna add my opinion in too, this is just my opinion though :)

I don't personally think that it's a good idea, I agree with Tore. This forum has all the information we need and I just don't see the point of these sites like Twitter :-\

That's just my humble opinion though. :)

Mike

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 16:52:15 »

Without bringing politics into it (especially outside UK that might not have seen this 'headline news'  ::) ) I actually agree with David Cameron on his opinion of 'twitterers' (his exact word not used here, to avoid offence...)

Anyone who saw the 'riveting' interview played over and over again on ITV/BBC will know what I mean  ;)

Yes, I read that here in Portugal, he talked about too many twits make.. something something :o

Well, we couldn't agree all with the same things, but as a matter of fact twitter for me is something like RSS feeds, but with more "quick" information.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 18:08:34 »

I'm not against twits, or any other 2 bar chocolate, but only when it is appropriate. There isn't really enough info being released to make twits work for SS.

I'm bemused that 'Call me Dave' Cameron's interview made international news... Hardly very newsworthy.

BTW Did you hear about the bloke who set up a twit site for his new born baby "my name is 'baby'. Today I slept. Tonight I will sleep and tomorrow I will sleep too". Riveting... The bloke got on international news channels because his site had 10,000s hits each day! Or possibly 2 aunts with nothing better to do than look 5000 times per day... Automatic search engines? Over-enthusiastic refresh button? :-\
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 18:13:11 »

I'm not against twits, or any other 2 bar chocolate, but only when it is appropriate. There isn't really enough info being released to make twits work for SS.

I'm bemused that 'Call me Dave' Cameron's interview made international news... Hardly very newsworthy.

BTW Did you hear about the bloke who set up a twit site for his new born baby "my name is 'baby'. Today I slept. Tonight I will sleep and tomorrow I will sleep too". Riveting... The bloke got on international news channels because his site had 10,000s hits each day! Or possibly 2 aunts with nothing better to do than look 5000 times per day... Automatic search engines? Over-enthusiastic refresh button? :-\

Don't know, but twitter became famous because of that, I know people that tweet something like "I am lunching".... very interesting news :o

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 18:21:13 »

That's what I mean. My company uses something similar and the idea is faultless, but some people misuse it and I think it devalues the concept. Again, just my opinion.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines