Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 14:18:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid Program Bugs  (Read 1370 times)

BIG-PAPA

• Forum member
Stupid Program Bugs
« on: September 08, 2009, 01:12:56 »

I have the latest update.  1.4.2 I believe.  How come when i am playing a mission that switches between 2 different areas, it drops the ship in the water damaging it????  I just had a container ship go from 0% to 53% damage when changig from open ocean to harbor.  it promptly sunk!!  And this is certainly no the first time i have seen this.  also, the game crashes just about every time i try to close it.  It is dissapointing to say the least to spend 20 - 30 minutes of my time only to crash and burn due to a programming error.

I am pretty pissed about paying $50 ($30 for the game + $20 for the expansion pack) for a game that has soooo many bugs even after the updates.

BTW, I have a less than 1 year old gaming computer that has no issues with other sim games that use a lot of memory and processing.

What Gives????

TJK

Re: Stupid Program Bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:05:37 »

I have the latest update.  1.4.2 I believe.  How come when i am playing a mission that switches between 2 different areas, it drops the ship in the water damaging it????  I just had a container ship go from 0% to 53% damage when changig from open ocean to harbor.  it promptly sunk!!  And this is certainly no the first time i have seen this.  also, the game crashes just about every time i try to close it.  It is dissapointing to say the least to spend 20 - 30 minutes of my time only to crash and burn due to a programming error.

I am pretty pissed about paying $50 ($30 for the game + $20 for the expansion pack) for a game that has soooo many bugs even after the updates.

BTW, I have a less than 1 year old gaming computer that has no issues with other sim games that use a lot of memory and processing.

What Gives????

HI BIG-PAPA
welcome to the forum

That not the game, but that are the mission creator that have made a wrong jump into the environment, can you tell witch mission that was maybe that person that have made it can do something with it, fix it

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 07:10:29 »

I'm Guessing Inbound Hamburg and Leaving The New Terminal are real problems. Or at Least they are for me.

You could try downloading the Reduced Draft 2 version of the Vermaas from the Creator's Forum:

http://217.45.209.217/cgi-bin/creators/entry.pl

Note: this site is not an official Vstep approved site and addons downloaded there may void your warrantee.
Almost never here, try here.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 07:24:42 »

Note: this site is not an official Vstep approved site and addons downloaded there may void your warrantee.

Terry will get you for that!
keep it gnarly

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 07:28:26 »

Terry will get you for that!

He hasn't got TJK for his Sig yet
Almost never here, try here.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 07:29:02 »

;D

Actually, although hosted by Terry Russell and not Vstep themselves, it IS an approved site and the files there are pefectly trustworthy!

As with any chance made in the game, indeed there is a risk of messing something up. But in the worst case scenario a fresh install will revert everything to default anyway.

There might not be any technical support when problems arise from 'modding' your game. But that's logical.

Other than that, the files on the Creator's forum are made in cooperation with Vstep and have been thourougly tested. So no need for worries!  :thumbs:

Regards,
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines