Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 14:31:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SSE Demo  (Read 4729 times)

Destrega

• Forum member
SSE Demo
« on: August 31, 2009, 17:24:34 »

Apologies if you took interest in this topic with the hope of a download link for the SSE demo  :doh:

But now i have your attention... Anyone know when the SSE demo is released?

;)
-Member Of The Tug Community-
Name: Destrega   Vessel: Sherpa

Minime

• Forum member
Re: SSE Demo
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 17:41:10 »

if there will ever be a SSE demo...

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 17:51:07 »

There is not even a beta version ready for take off, so you'll have to wait another few month, I fear... ::)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 19:29:34 »

How to be a Beta tester!? Or is that already chosen!?

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 19:32:29 »

Yeah, that's a good question.   So, how to become a Beta tester?   Or it's only possible for admins/mods & developers?
keep it gnarly

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 20:53:38 »

Maybe V-STEP Will pick people that don't ask a million questions.... ;D :doh: :lol:

No, seriously...I don't know...But they'll probably only pick the people that have good computer knowledge, but that's purely my guess. You'll have to wait for Bottman's responce for that.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 21:01:44 »

Maybe V-STEP Will pick people that don't ask a million questions....

Spot on!  ;D

Plus.. Of course you also have to have made yourself look competent enough to get that chance, somehow...  ;D

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 21:02:27 »

Spot on!  ;D

Plus.. Of course you also have to have made yourself look competent enough to get that chance, somehow...  ;D

I am very competent  :angel:

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 21:03:53 »

I am very competent  :angel:

...in ferries.
keep it gnarly

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 21:04:51 »

...in ferries.

Now now Spambot...but your hand bags down. We don't want a cat fight here :P :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 21:06:25 »

Now now Spambot...but your hand bags down. We don't want a cat fight here :P :lol:

*Puts my cat back in the water

I wasn't fighting, merely indicating my competency  :angel:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 21:07:58 »

merely indicating my competency  :angel:

...Or lack of ;D :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 21:08:30 »

Destrega

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:39 »

Vstep could run some sort of competition, the winner gets a chance to be a beta tester  :2thumbs:

Runners up get to watch  :D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 17:03:48 »

Beta testing is serious business.. not some cool bonus for someone that just wants to play the game before everyone else..  ::)

firestar12

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 21:54:28 »

Beta testing is serious business.. not some cool bonus for someone that just wants to play the game before everyone else..  ::)
^ Well said.
 VSTEP (Or any business for that matter) Ask their beta testers what they saw and what they didn't. Some random person who doesn't know much about computers cant' say "Your faces on some of the models are improperly inverted" or "The textures won't show up". The people most likely to be chosen, in my opinion anyway, are those who understand the process of adding a vessel to the game, so that they can understand what can and can't be fixed, and some random dude who just likes to play games simply won't do.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 21:58:37 »

^ Well said.
 VSTEP (Or any business for that matter) Ask their beta testers what they saw and what they didn't. Some random person who doesn't know much about computers cant' say "Your faces on some of the models are improperly inverted" or "The textures won't show up". The people most likely to be chosen, in my opinion anyway, are those who understand the process of adding a vessel to the game, so that they can understand what can and can't be fixed, and some random dude who just likes to play games simply won't do.

So none of us then...

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 22:00:12 »

Well said, Shane!

Shane for beta tester!  :2thumbs:
keep it gnarly

firestar12

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 22:01:26 »

Well, I won't say too much because I'm not a VSTEP worker but I'm sure that if you understood the process good enough like the people who ARE chosen (now understand what Fred was saying?) you would be chosen I bet. There is a reason most of the beta testers are Mods and Admins.
EDIT: Yeah right, Wave, my PC can't run SHIPSIM that well, my friends can though...hehe.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 22:02:44 »

Well Said^^ Now does everyone understand lol  ;)

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Destrega

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:06 »

I have to disagree on some points, yes you are right the beta testers need to be able to understand the process of how the game is constructed etc...

But, you are missing a huge point of beta testing, beta testing needs to tested on a large scale to test potential problems such as, multiplayer... now we all know what the problems are. Beta testing on customers (us) computers is how you identify and prevent these problems from being released with the game. Its called public beta testing, I'm part of the gaming community and invites for public beta testing are sent out often for new releases.  :thumbs:

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 13:14:16 »

Well, we did so in the past! There have been a few MP meetings with devs/mods/admins/beta testers and we all have had different computers and individual specs on it.
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

firestar12

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 20:21:12 »

I have to disagree on some points, yes you are right the beta testers need to be able to understand the process of how the game is constructed etc...

But, you are missing a huge point of beta testing, beta testing needs to tested on a large scale to test potential problems such as, multiplayer... now we all know what the problems are. Beta testing on customers (us) computers is how you identify and prevent these problems from being released with the game. Its called public beta testing, I'm part of the gaming community and invites for public beta testing are sent out often for new releases.  :thumbs:
I did point that out. Read carefully next time.

matt5674

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 20:25:12 »

Beta testing is serious business.. not some cool bonus for someone that just wants to play the game before everyone else..  ::)
Beta testers must test the game out to see if it is alright before the official release. Is that Right Fred?

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 20:35:59 »

In very very very simple terms yes...but my name's not Fred so... :doh:

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines