Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 07:25:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where can I go to download new content  (Read 4310 times)

breathemetal

• Forum member
Where can I go to download new content
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:37:39 »

Where can I go to download new ships and such?
Is there scenery enhancers (addons)?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Where can I go to download new content
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:56:33 »

There are no (Add-ons) right now. The ship builder will come out in 2 weeks and then you will be able to get new ships but there won't be new places unless VSTEP releases a add-on. But these will only include boats and NOT scenery. Most likely.

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 18:06:04 »

Austin, what “ship builder” are you referring to?  There have been no official announcements of anything sounding like a ship builder.  In the official SS2008 announcement, Wout referred to the SS2006 Ships Add-on due in Q4 of this year, but again, no mention of a ship builder.

But this raises other questions: 

1.  Will the add-on include the original SS2006 ships or just the ships included in the prior add-on download? 

2.  It’s still not clear if the Save feature will include saving Free Roaming sessions, or just missions.  (I suspect missions only.)

3.  Will the Mission Editor include the feature of adding scenery items, as it did in SS2006?

4.  Is the Mission Editor still due in August, rather than it’s original Q4 due date?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 18:53:45 »

You havn't heard of the ship builder O_O

The next patch will have Mission Creator and Ship Builder, where we can Edit and Make our own ships.

Search the forums there are tons of things around.

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 19:08:49 »

Doing a search of "ship builder" refers to this thread, and nothing else.  I've read Forum posts where there has been some wishful thinking about creating and using ship models, but nothing definitive, and certainly nothing due in two weeks available for everyone's use.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 19:11:03 »

I have seen it somewere, we were discussing on how VSTEP would have there "Rating System"

Found it!

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,112.0.html
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 19:13:26 by Agent|Austin »

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 20:16:08 »

The thread you provided refers to a ship editor, not a ship builder.  And even then, the posts are very unclear and even contradictory as to the exact degree and methods by which we can edit the ships.  If any kind of ship editor is offerred as a download by VSTEP in the near future, I will be very pleasantly surprised.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 20:22:33 »

The ship-editor will be free to download and you will be able to adjust almost all real-life influences on ships. The editor will make simulation as accurate as possible.

We are thinking about a solution for badly created ships. Maybe some kind of rating system.

VStep will not be in direct control. Everyone will be able to make and publish his own ship. However, VStep might rate some ships as 'reliable' for instance. We are not sure about that yet.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 21:02:02 »

The thread you provided refers to a ship editor, not a ship builder.  And even then, the posts are very unclear and even contradictory as to the exact degree and methods by which we can edit the ships.  If any kind of ship editor is offerred as a download by VSTEP in the near future, I will be very pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, and that's the ship editor, ship builder or call it whatever you want! :-*
And when it comes to editing the existing ships I guess you can only make re-paints and edit the ship behaviour (dynamics, stability...whatever) and not the model. VSTEP have not made any exactly announcement when it comes to this editor yet, just some threads and answers in this forum. It's a "wait and see" situation and nothing else.

Add-ons still need to be sent directly to VSTEP if they are good enough. Static add-ons can be made for the game when this editor is ready. The mission editor will probably arrive very soon and so on... :P

And to be more precise: The ship builder is not a software. It's simply nothing! You need a 3D modeling application to design your own ships/boats such as Gmax, 3ds Max, Google Sketchup or any other application that can save the 3D model into the file type supported by the game or that VSTEP can open (.3ds files for example). What VSTEP is making is a editor. Got that? :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 21:08:02 by JHB »

alazose

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 21:10:10 »

Austin, sorry I switched threads on you.  Couldn’t bring Bottman’s quote over to our current thread.

Three points:

1.  There has been no official announcement clearly defining what a ship editor/builder would do.  I wonder why.

2.  There has been no official announcement of a proposed release date.  I wonder why.

3.  Like you, I would dearly love to see a ship editor/ship builder provided by VSTEP.  Speaking realistically, I doubt if we’ll see one this year.  If we see one next year or in SS2010, let’s see how it performs before we celebrate.  We’re talking serious programming here.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 21:56:00 »

If you look properly, you will find a thread from Pjotr- confirming that the SDK (the ship editor to us) is no longer a viable project.

So that means no ship builder, editor etc. It is suggested that a 'subscription' system will allow users the chance to get a regular addition of new ships.

I will now go and look for the relevant post.

Stu

EDIT:
The massive time taken to find these threads using the search facility- 7 seconds!

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1072.0.html
about the mission editor

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1071.0.html
for building/adding ships

PS. When searching, make sure you go to the root directory of the forum (the 'index' page) searching in a branch of the forum will search ONLY the part you are in.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 21:58:53 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 21:58:02 »

If you look properly, you will find a thread from Pjotr- confirming that the SDK (the ship editor to us) is no longer a viable project.

So that means no ship builder, editor etc. It is suggested that a 'subscription' system will allow users the chance to get a regular addition of new ships.

I will now go and look for the relevant post.

Stu

Ah I was really looking forward to it.  :-[

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 22:07:38 »

The subject of adding ships is discussed here:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,112.0.html

It is the best place for any discussion on whether a ship editor should/could/will be added. All other aspects of downloads (in future) can be discussed here still.

BTW for anyone who doesn't know there is a growing library of missions for download in the missions folder.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines