Hello Guest April 19, 2024, 08:28:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Are you pleased to see Dover-Calais in the same environment

Absolutely
Very
Completely
Totally

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Dover - Calais WILL be in the same environment. (was The HQ of the "Dover-Calais  (Read 184719 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member

It is self explanatory.

Join the petition. Or die.

This is meant as a light hearted topic to see if we can achieve the impossible and actually get anyone to pay attention to anything anyone ever says. We hope to find alliances with the "Denmark-Sweden in the same environment" campaign and the various worthwhile campaigns in other similar water channels.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 18:44:52 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: The HQ of the "Dover-Calais in same environment" campaign team
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 20:14:26 »

A great Idea.

**Signs Petition, Joins Campaign...

:2thumbs:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 20:16:35 »

Which one of you evil people has clicked 'no'... Red hot poker time...  :evil:
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 20:16:47 »

Ok, I'm ready!  8)

Get Out, Unbeliever...

***Points to door...

:thumbdown:

(We warned you there would be consequences...)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 20:20:21 »

The consequence: When voting is over, I'm going to change the "No. And I'm prepared for the consequences..." to "Yes. Yes. Yes. I've SEEN THE LIGHT. DOVER-CALAIS, please.

:evil:

Oh, AND I'll go after them with a red hot poker.  :evil:

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 20:40:09 »

Is there an indifference button? ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 20:53:53 »

Yeah, I voted "No" & I'm proud of that!  I always like to be different from the crowd. :P

You are most certainly 'different'... ::)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 20:54:39 »

Is there an indifference button? ;D

YES. It's currently being overhauled and temporarily says "Yes. I would love it"

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 21:11:17 »

I voted NO.

Why?

Biceaus I am not a freak that is going to look for a verry long time at a computerscreen at a ship wich is just following a course.
I like to enter and leave the port.
But I don't like to just sit and do nothing, biceaus that is boring.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 22:22:02 »

Can I quote you on that WM? "Developers has (sic) their own mind & plans..."

I have a feeling that will come back to bite you...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 22:39:55 »

I don't care about those people who use my words against me.   Do your worse.

I have locked this topic, Mr WM, as it was turning into a slanging match. It was meant as a bit of a joke- as Vstep never pay any attention anyway. It wasn't really intended to be a serious debate.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 23:05:13 by Stuart2007 »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 22:16:31 »

I was just wondering if anyone has considered the idea of Dover and Calais being in the same environment?

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 22:18:49 »

I have locked this topic, Mr WM, as it was turning into a slanging match. It was meant as a bit of a joke- as Vstep never pay any attention anyway. It wasn't really intended to be a serious debate.

I wouldn't be too sure...

I think they do...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 22:23:43 »

In seriousness, I think they do in spirit, but there are so many disjointed 'what do you want' threads that they don't get chance to really decipher it into meaningfull sense.

Which is why any campaigns have to be bold to catch their attention. Also, there are a lot of pointless comments made in those type of topics (see above) that distract from the real objective of the respective topics.

However, I don't really think Vstep is overly interested in the wishes of the forum users; I think they have a pretty rigid plan when they start a project and keep to their plans. This is why I'm only posting this topic in a light-hearted manner. If I'm wrong, may Pjotr strike me dead (or ban me)  ;D

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 22:25:26 »

In seriousness, I think they do in spirit, but there are so many disjointed 'what do you want' threads that they don't get chance to really decipher it into meaningfull sense.

Which is why any campaigns have to be bold to catch their attention. Also, there are a lot of pointless comments made in those type of topics (see above) that distract from the real objective of the respective topics.

However, I don't really think Vstep is overly interested in the wishes of the forum users; I think they have a pretty rigid plan when they start a project and keep to their plans. This is why I'm only posting this topic in a light-hearted manner. If I'm wrong, may Pjotr strike me dead (or ban me)  ;D

Don't forget, us Forumers are the basis of the Game users...

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 22:27:05 »

Well we'll have to wait and see.. Not worth speculating about.

If VSTEP put's it in then great, if not, a shame.
But I'd imagine that it would be in the game (maybe or maybe not in the same enviroment as Dover :-\) As from the new trailor it seems an awful lot of content is coming from PRO, like the warship with RIB. And the two sea state (As seen in the Dover scene, I wouldn't in the slightest think VSTEP will allow 6 meter waves to be in a harbour. ;D) with a open area sea state and a sheltered sea state in the same enviroment, regardless if there is land in it.
Regards,
James

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 22:27:17 »

Actually, I think the forum represents a VERY small percentage of the overall sales- don't quote me on figures, but I read it 'upstairs' before I rejoined the ranks of mortality  ;D

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 22:29:07 »

Hi All,

You are way to fast for me,

However, I don't really think Vstep is overly interested in the wishes of the forum users; I think they have a pretty rigid plan when they start a project and keep to their plans. This is why I'm only posting this topic in a light-hearted manner. If I'm wrong, may Pjotr strike me dead (or ban me)  ;D

I'm happy you opened this thread again, not sure about the objective though.

Have you seen:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,15231.msg192974.html#msg192974

vr. gr. / kind regards, Erik
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 22:33:25 »

Well we'll have to wait and see.. Not worth speculating about.

If VSTEP put's it in then great, if not, a shame.
But I'd imagine that it would be in the game (maybe or maybe not in the same enviroment as Dover :-\) As from the new trailor it seems an awful lot of content is coming from PRO, like the warship with RIB. And the two sea state (As seen in the Dover scene, I wouldn't in the slightest think VSTEP will allow 6 meter waves to be in a harbour. ;D) with a open area sea state and a sheltered sea state in the same enviroment, regardless if there is land in it.

This has made me think, Dover does have the Rough seas, which Of Dover is a small Harbour, seems pointles... but if we have a big Environment.. Say... 22 miles, then it makes more sense...

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2009, 22:34:25 »

Erik

It was really a bit of a light hearted banter about Dover-Calais in the same environment

I don't seriously expect it to be even noticed by Vstep, nor considered by them. However, I do agree with Traddles comments and I appreciate you pointing out that thread. I suspect the good Capt. Traddles opened that thread when this one was closed, despite having the moderatorness powers to force this one back open; what a Gent.

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2009, 22:38:43 »

Stu,

I have my doubts as well, about VSTEP's interest in our opinion, but we like to think so.

I don't seriously expect it to be even noticed by Vstep, nor considered by them. However, I do agree with Traddles comments and I appreciate you pointing out that thread. I suspect the good Capt. Traddles opened that thread when this one was closed, despite having the moderatorness powers to force this one back open; what a Gent.

The shock would be, if the result (next version) is as we wanted it ! ;D

Erik
THX SF!
Redfox

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2009, 22:41:27 »

Stu,

I have my doubts as well, about VSTEP's interest in our opinion, but we like to think so.

The shock would be, if the result (next version) is as we wanted it ! ;D

Erik

I very much doubt both of those comments  :( But if anyone wants Dover-Calais in the same environment They can join the campaign.

After we achieve our aims, I am sure the group will provide whatever assistance is required to our cousins in other parts of the world seeking similar...

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2009, 22:44:15 »

After we achieve our aims, I am sure the group will provide whatever assistance is required to our cousins in other parts of the world seeking similar...

I'll support that of course.  ;)
THX SF!
Redfox

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2009, 22:46:51 »

I'll support that of course.  ;)

Is there a route you want?

(Besides DC)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 22:48:04 »

Is there a route you want?

(Besides DC)
Perhaps the Amsterdam shipping canal? Amazing to see- when massive liners go over this small bridge!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines