Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 14:35:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fansites  (Read 5462 times)

firestar12

Re: Fansites
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 18:55:39 »

Indeed.  What could be wrong with this site that mostly each of you want to create their own fansite/forum? 
Wait...   Each one wants to feel him self in admin/mod chair, I reckon.  Like "I'm the allmighty admin of my site & I can do whatever I want on my site!", right?  :P
We call that "Ego". ;D

ccr-lover

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 22:14:57 »

We call that "Ego". ;D

Not right at all! Check out my site. Lotsa things about modelkits and a tiny bit of ShipSim  8)
--------------------------------------------
 \\\\ Creedence Clearwater Revival Lover  ////
  \\\\   Ships, boats, building models of   ////
   \\\\   them and good, old rock'n roll.  ////
    --------------------------------------

firestar12

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 22:14:38 »

We were talking about ones that are entire new shipsim forums. Not your site. My website for example, has nothing to do with ShipSim. I'm annoyed by people who try to copy the ShipSim rules. Some of those sites out there have copied and pasted the forum rules, word for word, and have even made their own POTM contests, using Fred's words in his topic. I am offended when people do that. Of course, I doubt your site, ccr lover, does any of that, and I'm sure it is a fine website. :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 22:16:35 by Firestar »

TJK

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 22:37:46 »

We were talking about ones that are entire new shipsim forums. Not your site. My website for example, has nothing to do with ShipSim. I'm annoyed by people who try to copy the ShipSim rules. Some of those sites out there have copied and pasted the forum rules, word for word, and have even made their own POTM contests, using Fred's words in his topic. I am offended when people do that. Of course, I doubt your site, ccr lover, does any of that, and I'm sure it is a fine website. :)

Maybe they have asked Fred to do so? Have you asked him about that?
like mine multi play servers, they are running under the V-step's official rules and yes i have asked  :police:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 22:40:41 by TJK »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 22:44:32 »

Well, if they ask me, they would get permission, cause I'm not one to say no to that, if it means it helps them.... but apart from one or two guys, no one ever really asked me anything. Yet I do see copied text -from me and from other staff members or Vstep themselves, on many many fanforums.  :-\

Even Vstep is not too strict about having stuff like the official rules copied onto a fan forum..  But people just don't seem to ask nicely first in the majority of cases, but just grab what they need and use it.

I can't say that I approve.  :-\

But as I said, there are exceptions, where it's asked first, and granted.  :thumbs:

Fred.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines