Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 01:12:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: narrow boat  (Read 2475 times)

Andy-Archery

• Forum member
narrow boat
« on: August 01, 2009, 15:54:45 »

is their a narrow boat availible to download anywhere

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Re: narrow boat
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 16:56:42 »

Greets Andy, Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately Not. Since the game isn't really suitable for Narrow boats, as yet. And I wouldn't expect for there to be any canals in SS10 (For Narrow boats in particular), Though, you never know.

Sorry for the dissapointment.

Kind Regards,
Jack.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 16:58:22 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

jcm2573

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 17:46:55 »

well if you buy ship sim 08 you get a speed boat that's very narrow :thumbs: :)
Hi, I'm Jcm2573. I usually play on the Solent servers of SS08. :captain:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 19:06:49 »

well if you buy ship sim 08 you get a speed boat that's very narrow :thumbs: :)

Are you joking, or being serious? :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 21:52:54 »

Jack, I don't think jcm2573 really knows what a narrowboat is. Not many folks outside the UK would know.

For jcm2573. The attached picture is a narrow boat. It is easy to see why such a craft is not included in Ship Simulator.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 21:58:56 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 22:33:29 »

Capt Traddles,

Have you ever seen one of those barges going out into open water? I did. The bloke was nuts. It was at Kings Lynn and he took them (2) into The Wash... Rather him than me!
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:28:01 »

Stuart,
Before the new cutting between the Liver building and it's other two Graces and the river Mersey narrow boats used to leave the Leeds and Liverpool canal north of the Pierhead cruise upriver to the Canning dock entrance and thence into Albert dock. Now the new cut is completed they can keep off the river altogether and sail direct to the Albert dock. I think a lot of narrow boat folks will be overjoyed with this development. As you say, open water in one of those things is tantamount to suicide. :doh:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 12:04:31 »

I did hear s story of 2 being lashed together and taken from Dover to Boulogne (and into the French waterways system).

Can you believe that? I just don't see it myself. I don't know how far it is to Canning Dock, but not as bad as the English Channel.

What do you think? As an experienced mariner, is it POSSIBLE, regardless of sense? ???
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 12:19:55 »

Anything is possible. :o But I would say that was way beyond foolhardy. :-X It's only about 2 nm from one dock entrance to the other but I wouldn't try it if there was anyrhing of a wind blowing.

Captain Renzo

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 21:58:32 »

Stuart,
Before the new cutting between the Liver building and it's other two Graces and the river Mersey narrow boats used to leave the Leeds and Liverpool canal north of the Pierhead cruise upriver to the Canning dock entrance and thence into Albert dock. Now the new cut is completed they can keep off the river altogether and sail direct to the Albert dock. I think a lot of narrow boat folks will be overjoyed with this development. As you say, open water in one of those things is tantamount to suicide. :doh:
acctly not true he fell in the water and drandit see it in the book hidden truth

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 22:30:19 »

Sorry I do not understand what you mean Captain Renzo. Who fell in which bit of water? ???

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 23:04:33 »

methinks someone is using an online translator there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines