Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 01:38:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to moore a ship?  (Read 2549 times)

Capt. A.S. Hansen

• Forum member
How to moore a ship?
« on: August 02, 2007, 22:47:59 »

I just can't see how I moore ships? I have looked for places where a can moore my ship but without luck. All that happends when I press the "moore" button is, that all the positions where the ship can be moored from, is highlighted...then what?

Maybe it's just me  ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: How to moore a ship?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 22:53:58 »

Hi. Welcome to the wonderful world of shipsim forums.

It only works in pre-defined missions, not in roam mode. When the mission editor becomes available you should be able to define your own mooring points.

Have you tried the mooring feature in a mission? It is quite extensive.

Stu

EDIT: If you ARE doing this in a mission, select one of the orange blobs on the ship and then it will show similar orange blobs on the quay. When you select the orange blob on the quay, it will draw a rope between the two blobs.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Capt. A.S. Hansen

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 08:00:25 »

Then it makes sense, while I have only tried to moore the ship in roam-mode. I will try to find a available quay in a predefined mission.

matt105

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 06:18:32 »

Thats a shame no mooring in roam mode :(

Matt

andy_m

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 23:01:32 »

Yeah it is a shame really though it would be nice if moorage points (complete with icons on the charts) were added to free-roam through a patch at a later date complete with set, choose-able start points as well.

Regards,
Andy
Why is the Rum ALWAYS gone?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 23:09:03 »

It would be fun. In mission mode I will just make a mission with moor points but no really point to the mission besides to roam around, moor when I need to take a break.

It would be fun to just go around and then decide to dock at a really tight place, but no mooring points to moor at? :(

You get the point xD
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines