Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 20:13:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any change from 2006?  (Read 5283 times)

janda

• Forum member
any change from 2006?
« on: May 04, 2007, 22:08:13 »

hi

I` want to know is there any change in behaviour (dynamics, steering, fell,etc..) of control ships in ss2008?
is it more real for many aspects , because we know that ss2006 wasn`t good in this matter...
brds

AriesDW

• NVDG
  • Moderator, NVDG
Re: any change from 2006?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 06:30:17 »

There should be an improvement - but of course all of the specific details remain unknown. I too express my interest in this matter.
-Dave

Moderator, Ship Simulator Official Forums
Founder, The Ship Simulator New Vessel Design Group
Designer - Print, Branding, Fashion, Identity Systems

The New Vessel Design Group - Bringing gamers ideas to Ship Simulator

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 01:03:16 »

You can free roam,you can get waves for a first,you get better water effects,you get icebergs,visible damage,a sinking patch comes out august 17th(i think),some ships not in 06,might be a mission creator soon,And tons more!

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 22:14:28 »

You can free roam,you can get waves for a first,you get better water effects,you get icebergs,visible damage,a sinking patch comes out august 17th(i think),some ships not in 06,might be a mission creator soon,And tons more!

This have not really anything to do with the ship dynamics but I can assure you that there is substantial improvements to the ship handling, especially the transverse thrust is much better than in SS06.  :)

Having said that, there is still along way to go before it feels real...  :-\ Generally the ships are not agile enough and rudders too ineffective but I am sure that VSTEP will improve the dynamics in the future.

There is another topic on ship handling characteristics that you might find interesting:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1520.0.html

Regards
groennegaard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines