Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 08:01:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From Shipsimulator 2008 to Shipsimulator 2010  (Read 6410 times)

Simon Hersom

• Forum member
From Shipsimulator 2008 to Shipsimulator 2010
« on: July 12, 2009, 20:35:00 »

Are there new ships and Ports in shipsimulator 2010 ?

Regards

Simon

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
Re: From Shipsimulator 2008 to Shipsimulator 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 20:37:16 »

Sorry I dont mean to come off as rude but there are many hints about this already in 2010 topics, and to add technical support is not the place to post this...again not trying to be rude  :-\ just advising  :thumbs:

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

TJK

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 20:54:49 »

Are there new ships and Ports in shipsimulator 2010 ?

Regards

Simon
yes Antarctic., Sidney and bora bora and  two green peace ship and the game ar now named ship simulator extreme
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 21:00:31 by TJK »

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 23:22:10 »

Watch the teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrmXIRpn0ho

And look at these two topics:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,14308.0.html
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,14675.0.html

Those 3 links will show you some new stuff for SS Extremes. :thumbs:

I'd suggest using the search function before posting for more info on the SS Extremes release. ;)
There are many, many topics about it. For example:
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,13029.0.html

Regards,
James

matt5674

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 23:32:59 »

New harbours like what tore said, new ships are:
Greenpeace Esperanza
Greenpeace Rainbow Warrior III
maybe Pride of Hull, Queen Mary 2, updates to RMS Titanic, and maybe RMS Queen Mary (1).
harbours I think will be included:
Long Beach California
Miami Florida
Boston Massachusetts
Rome Italy
Athens Greece
Suez Canal Egypt
Panama Canal Panama
Liverpool United Kingdom
Belfast Ireland
Hull United Kingdom
and Seattle Washington.

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 23:37:42 »

How do you know this because thats an aweful lot of harbors to be be added  :P

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 23:59:22 »

He didn't ask which environments and ships people think are being added, only what is going to be added for sure.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

matt5674

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 02:21:27 »

It might be added to the Ship Simulator 2010 list of enviorments

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 02:29:54 »

YOu just guessing about all of the enviornments ???

Thanks TJK!

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 02:32:46 »

YOu just guessing about all of the enviornments ???
i think it would be really kewl to have long beahc cause i live in laguna beach and it like 4 miles away from me.

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 10:04:03 »

As I warned others in another thread.. Just stick to official announcements to actually finding out what's ACTUALLY going to be in SS Extremes..

As people do post what they hope and think are going to be in the new sim, yet it may be completely false which other's don't realise (specially new members).
Then people hope for these things because they were told that they were going to be in the sim when it was just pure speculation/thoughts.

Matt - No offence meant here, but could you please just tell facts rather than pure speculation which in fact is not true. That's all people are asking anyway....
Also it could mislead people to thinking the things you said are actually going to be in it, then when SS Extremes is released they're be annoyed because to them they were told that this and that will be in it - yet those things weren't officially announced. So please don't get people's hopes up. Not fair! :thumbdown:
Regards,
James

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 10:46:25 »

Cpt.Darling you are quite right, let's wait until the final game is out and available. I think we will have various suprises, good or bad. All these speculations are for nothing and leading only into confusion and fruitless hopes.
I am almost fed up with all these desires of ships and enviroments. Each and everbody desires his hometown or port close by or his favorite ship having seen.  My opinion is, the most important thing, that VSTEP may create a SS2010 or extremmes as it maybe called, with sufficient variaty of ships and enviroments to create interesting and enjoyabel missions to play. This is what a game makes alive.
We have now 5 enviroments in Europe + the offport parts of these inenviroments, 2 in America (only USA) and one in Thailand (Phi Phi). They should concentrate on enviroments at other continents, i.e South America, Rio de Janeiro, Africa (Capetown or Lagos), Asia (Tokio or Kobe Bay or Shanghai). I understand, that there will  be Sidney in the next SS, very good. Also one of the important canals should be added, i.e. Panama or Suez or Kiel Kanal.
Regarding ships, all are talking abt more ferries and/or cruisers (historical or modern), but nobody is talking abt handysized freighters, auxiliary ships, i.e bunker barges, floating cranes, etc,etc.
With these ships you can create the most interesting missions, not with the 5th or sixth ferry/cruiser.

Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

TJK

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 11:48:49 »

Well we get Sidney Australia, BoraBora and Antarctic, so one new port are confirmed and two other places
and if there are more, then we got a surprise
TJK

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 16:55:46 »

As I warned others in another thread.. Just stick to official announcements to actually finding out what's ACTUALLY going to be in SS Extremes..

As people do post what they hope and think are going to be in the new sim, yet it may be completely false which other's don't realise (specially new members).
Then people hope for these things because they were told that they were going to be in the sim when it was just pure speculation/thoughts.

Matt - No offence meant here, but could you please just tell facts rather than pure speculation which in fact is not true. That's all people are asking anyway....
Also it could mislead people to thinking the things you said are actually going to be in it, then when SS Extremes is released they're be annoyed because to them they were told that this and that will be in it - yet those things weren't officially announced. So please don't get people's hopes up. Not fair! :thumbdown:
im not saying there is gonna be long beach i just said it would be cool. and as a long term member of shipsim i know to only trust official reports.

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 17:08:13 »

im not saying there is gonna be long beach i just said it would be cool. and as a long term member of shipsim i know to only trust official reports.
I was merely posting a warning, and it wasn't directed to you personally. Just generally speaking.

As some members have actually used some peoples posts as facts even when the post was pure speculation. Then later on was disapointed. So I thought to warn for anybody that actually believes what matt5674 posts is actually true who will only be disapointed later on when the product is released.

I was also meaning matt5674 about posting facts instead of misleading with pure speculation which he's been doing, I know without a doubt there are many Matt's on the forum, Just wanted to clear that up. ;)
Regards,
James

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 17:47:21 »

I heard my name  ::) Yea Well there has been some speculation about Dover being in 2010 but to be 100% for sure Vstep hasnt really said anything so most post here are just mere guesses except for the greenpeace ships they should be in I think
Yea there are many matts :P

Thanks TJK!

Nathan|C

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 18:03:58 »

New harbours like what tore said, new ships are:
Greenpeace Esperanza
Greenpeace Rainbow Warrior III
maybe Pride of Hull, Queen Mary 2, updates to RMS Titanic, and maybe RMS Queen Mary (1).
harbours I think will be included:
Long Beach California
Miami Florida
Boston Massachusetts
Rome Italy
Athens Greece
Suez Canal Egypt
Panama Canal Panama
Liverpool United Kingdom
Belfast Ireland
Hull United Kingdom
and Seattle Washington.

Why would they add the Pride of Hull? We have her sister, no difference at all...And I think it's pretty clear from some of the topics around that we won't be getting QM2 anytime soon...

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 18:18:44 »

I heard my name  ::) Yea Well there has been some speculation about Dover being in 2010 but to be 100% for sure Vstep hasnt really said anything so most post here are just mere guesses except for the greenpeace ships they should be in I think
Yea there are many matts :P
Well there are many things in matt5674 post that is pure speculation. He was right to add the things that has been officially announced by VSTEP (Like Dover, greenpeace vessels), but not right in posting other things that is just pure speculation.

Anyway, seeing as this topic is going offtopic and that there are many other topics about SS Extremes. I think it should be locked by a moderator in favour of other topics of the same subject.
Regards,
James
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines