Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 02:08:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SS08 Collector´s Edition License Key  (Read 2069 times)

avzmino

• Forum member
SS08 Collector´s Edition License Key
« on: July 03, 2009, 13:33:53 »

Hi,
Does anyone knows where can I get a license key for the SS08 Collector´s Edition?
I bought it (new in box) but it doesn´t came with manuals and the license key. Now I installed it and it is asking for a New Horizions License key!!??

And nother thing, when I get this new license key I will register it in my profile, and if I uninstall the game from my PC and re-install in another PC I will use the same License Key??

Thanks a lot for the help!!

King Regards

Captain Darling

• Forum member
Re: SS08 Collector´s Edition License Key
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 14:04:04 »

Hiya,

Open the Disc case (DVD Case), there is a sticker in there. (On my one it's on the left side inner casing.)

This sticker has the New Horizons addon license key code and the Ship Simulator 2008 license key code.

If a sticker doesn't exist and you bought it from the official ship simulator website (www.shipsim.com) you can contact VSTEP or a administrator here.

Once you've registered your Ship Simulator 2008 license key you can get the Jumbo Javelin, this you download in the license key section on your profile.
One way in finding out if you've registered your Ship Simulator license key is by looking at your posts - if you have 5 icons underneath your username then it's done (just like mine <<) - if not try again.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 14:07:52 by Captain Darling »
Regards,
James

TJK

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 16:18:39 »

Hello avzmino

first of all  go to the shop were you got the ship sim and tell you will change it, the Serial key's and user manual shod be in the product.
So that box you have are not a legal game even it is a bought one.

And nother thing, when I get this new license key I will register it in my profile, and if I uninstall the game from my PC and re-install in another PC I will use the same License Key??
If you have it installed on only one PC at the time, yes you do use the same key
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 16:21:28 by TJK »

avzmino

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 17:14:15 »

Hi guys,
Thanks for the informations.
I looked in the game box, and dvd box, but nothing!!!
I was suprised because the dvd came sealed from the shop (I bought from a retail store that I found in the Shipsim site!)
Now I don´t know what to do!

Just another thing, with I uninstall the game and isntall in other PC (using the same License key (like you said) can I download the updates from the site again?? (in the mew PC)?! i´m asking this because I bought an new PC but it hasn´t arrived yet!! So I´m using the old one to game the Ship Sim!
Thanks a lot again!!!!

TJK

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 17:20:01 »

Hi guys,
Thanks for the informations.
I looked in the game box, and dvd box, but nothing!!!
I was suprised because the dvd came sealed from the shop (I bought from a retail store that I found in the Shipsim site!)
Now I don´t know what to do!

Just another thing, with I uninstall the game and isntall in other PC (using the same License key (like you said) can I download the updates from the site again?? (in the mew PC)?! i´m asking this because I bought an new PC but it hasn´t arrived yet!! So I´m using the old one to game the Ship Sim!
Thanks a lot again!!!!

Yes you can, and if you have saved them on the old PC, only move them to a memory stick or download it again to the new PC

Wraith or send a Email to the dealer and explain the trouble you have with no key
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 17:22:52 by TJK »

avzmino

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 17:55:47 »

TJK,

I have already send am email for the dealer!!!

Thanks !!!

TJK

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 17:59:28 »

TJK,

I have already send am email for the dealer!!!

Thanks !!!

That's good and hope all tings will sort out for you

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 21:33:18 »

If you have proof of purchase (invoices), try sending it to VSTEP or a forum admin (TerryRussell or Mad_Fred).

They sometimes (but not always can) sort it out.
Regards,
James

TerryRussell

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 21:35:02 »

No, he's already contacted the seller. That should always be the first thing to do.

Fred, Vstep and myself should be absolute last port of call, please.

TJK

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 21:40:59 »

Yes Terry
that was the reason i break into this and gave him the help he needed, the seller are the firs one to contact
TJK

TerryRussell

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 21:42:00 »

Exactly so, Tore.

Thanks! :thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines