Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:54:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steering on Ocean Star/Bugsier 2  (Read 2629 times)

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
Steering on Ocean Star/Bugsier 2
« on: July 02, 2009, 17:18:05 »

Hi Terry and all who may have an idea to help
Since some time I can not turn the steering knops of both ships 360°
This was possible before, but even after resetting the steering to default version and/or uploading the minimized version, it is impossible to turn the knops 360°. I turn them round 180° there they stop.
I use direct steering with keypoard.  Azimuth steering never works, or I am too stupid, but on both I can turn only 180° no more.
If anyone knows, pls advise
Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

TerryRussell

Re: Steering on Ocean Star/Bugsier 2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 17:24:07 »

I'll move this over to General Discussions, as I think you'll get more replies there, Horst.

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 20:03:13 »

Dear Terry
With respect of yr decision to put my topic into General Discussions, I think, that the problem I described is not a matter of general talks, but a technical matter.
Why could I until recently use the steering of OS and Bugsier properly rotating 360° and now not possible stopping at 180° either side. The aim of the steering of these both ships is to rotate 360° to use as rudder and throttle fwd/aft. This is not possible, if you can rotate to 180° either side only.
Os is not so important, but Bugsier you can not handle properly, if you can not rotate the steering 360°. If you have to return fm aft throttle 180° always via 0° to 180°, just by using 12rpm , no more, the vessel is dancing, but not manovering. If you use more rpm you reach damages immy.  I hope I could explain to you.
I am working on a new mission time being and if testing with a ship not fuctioning well, I can forget. How to get a towage connection to a tanker stern, if having to manover the tug always fm 180° via 0° to 180°.
You have to arrive at a position off the tanker. Full stop. Then start turning. Fulls stop. Then start turning again. Full stop and so on and so on. I think this is not the aim of the steering system of the Bugsier.
I think I have to reset the steering of the vessels to get it properly working. but how. Reloading the whole game ? I have tried to reload the steering functions by reloading default steering setup, but same as before.

Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 23:11:41 »

Hi Horst,

Looks like technics to me, so I agree with you on that.

I think, that the problem I described is not a matter of general talks, but a technical matter.

I think I have to reset the steering of the vessels to get it properly working. but how.

Not seen / been able to simulate anything you have mentioned about it, yet.

My game is never infected by alterations-installs like draught or steering; using XP, it still works fine for me.

(That is why, I can not sail the Latitude in or out of the Hamburg environment for example.)

Using these assigned keys: the "/" and the "*" (numpad) for the SB pod and
the "Q" and "W" for the PORT pod steering / rotating; beside the use of the left/right cursorkeys.

For the Bugsier2 it is absolutely neccesary to be able to work 360 degrees.

So the problem you experiancing is do to wrong programming of someone later then the VSTEP version!

Hope that you can reset controls to defaults with good results; but you must have thought about / done that allready.

Vr. gr. / kind regards, Erik
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 19:41:10 by eviss »
THX SF!
Redfox
"Dover-Calais in the same environement !"

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 16:00:30 »

Hi Horst.

The excellent words of Eviss are the reason I thought that moving your question made good sense. Forget whether this is technical or not. It's just that I think you are more likely to get your answers here.

And Eviss' kind words prove that, I think.  :thumbs:

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 19:23:57 »

Using the keyboard, you cannot turn more than 180 degrees..You should use the mouse for that.. :)

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 19:37:55 »

Hi SD,

Using the keyboard, you cannot turn more than 180 degrees..You should use the mouse for that.. :)

I do NOT agree !

I"m allways using just the keyboard; that is with using "precision steering".

The only time I'll use the mouse, is for the AZI-POD from the Jumbo Javelin. (There is no other way)

vr. gr. / kind regards, Erik
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 19:49:56 by eviss »
THX SF!
Redfox

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 19:50:17 »

Hi Erik, with keyboard you can either go left or right..It stops at 180..
There is no key-command to turn endlessly..
Try steering the Red Eagle with the keyboard.. :)

eviss

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 19:58:21 »

Hallo SD,

Try steering the Red Eagle with the keyboard.. :)

For that ship you are correct (I noticed that too), that would be differend controls programming.

The OS and the Bugsier2 should be / are the same in working to the result (working 360 degrees).

I sailed with "SCHOTTEL"-propellars, who are working 360 as well.

The problem mentioned by ARTSHIP is that he COULD work 360 before using the keyboard, but can NOT do that now anymore.  ???

vr. gr. kind regards, Erik
THX SF!
Redfox

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 20:25:37 »

Then I'm puzzled..Looks like this is one for the experts.. :)
 edit: seems I spoke before thinking: I just tried steering 360 degrees on the Bugsier with the keyboard, and it works..

Glad to hear it's ok now.. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:57:30 by saltydog »

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2009, 10:13:00 »

Many thks to the comments of you all.
I reloaded the whole game (SS2008 + New Horizon). Now it works again, same as Eric explained. Precise Steering with keybord 360° round the clock without problems on OS and Bugsier.
Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

TerryRussell

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 10:42:03 »

I went off to see if I could reproduce your problem with any of the updated controls, but none of them seemed to do that.

I guess it was just a file that got corrupted. No idea which one, though.

Glad it's all working OK now.  :thumbs:

ARTSHIP († 2010)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 13:16:40 »

Yes Terry, this seemed to be one of the problems, which nobody else could reproduce.
I realized it first during playing the mission Criuse round the worl 2B fm Thassos. Just with the OS, but 2 days ago also the Bugsier had the same problem.
Anyway, now all clear.
Bgds
ARTSHIP/Horst

TerryRussell

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2009, 16:09:09 »

I guess you can see why I thought it might be best to move your question here. Lots of clever people (see above).
 :thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines