Hello Guest April 24, 2024, 19:46:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening images changed?  (Read 1606 times)

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
Opening images changed?
« on: June 11, 2009, 21:46:08 »

Ahoy Ship(sim)mates,
Can anybody tell me the reason why pictures on the forum don't open as usual? Meaning: Since a few days I found out that when I just click on an attached picture it will not open automatic anymore, but a pop-up appears, asking if I will open/save/or cancel. That appears mainly at jpg and bmp attachments, not at png's.
When i make the choice to open the picture the one time my picture browser (ACDSee Photo Manager opens, or Corel Photo House opens or the picture just opens enlarged in a new window. With png files the picture just opens enlarged.
I have not changed any settings on my machine.
Has anything changed on the forum website?
Best Regards
Aad
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

TerryRussell

Re: Opening images changed?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 23:25:49 »

Not as far as I know.

However, Windows decided to install some updates within the past few days on all my PCs and that has definitely changed the behaviour of Internet Explorer for me.

I'd suggest looking at the "Tools/Internet Options/Change how web pages are displayed in tabs" settings. Or any of the hundred or more options there. It sounds like one of them has been reset during the recent updates.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 23:30:04 »

hoy,
mine opens as normal to?
Strange?
Marc
N

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 00:18:58 »

Hi gentlemen,

It does depend on the image itself aswell. Images small enough to be displayed within the page, will open inside the forum.

For me, when pictures are too big, resolution-wise mostly, then they will open in an external window.
I noticed that when posting several renders with different resolutions.

I'm not sure if data size also matters, but I get a mix of internal and external opening pictures too, and this has pretty much always been the case as far as I remember.  :-\

Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:22:27 »

It can depend upon which of your graphics programs is the default for handling a particular extension. For me, most pictures open in IrfanView.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 07:51:53 »

Hi Aad,

I've been having similar issues to you. Sometimes, when I click on the image, it comes up with the same thing as what you reported. Also, sometimes, it opens the image in Paint!

But, for most of the time, it's fine for me. Maybe it's the different image type that changes how it opens?

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines