Hello Guest July 27, 2024, 04:55:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone who know about ss 2010  (Read 9695 times)

Minime

• Forum member
Re: Anyone who know about ss 2010
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 23:56:14 »

thanks that makes it clearer, now where's Terry?
Edit: missed the capital T in the name Terry,please forgive me Terry :-[ ;D

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

TerryRussell

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 18:23:25 »

Stop messing with me. :P ;D

Someone doesn't want to admit something............  :lol:

Nah, I'm just messing with your mind.  :evil:

I will let you all into a secret, though.

No, it isn't a secret.

I know about Pro. But the chances of me telling you about anything not announced by Vstep is zero. Zilch, nada, nothing. Like all involved, I am sworn to secrecy and I would not do anything that might breach that promise. It's called "integrity".  :thumbs:

The fact that something is in Pro does not mean it will be in Extremes. Pro costs 200 times as much, roughly, so it would be silly to imagine you will get any of the features automatically.

Also, Extremes will be released some while after Pro, so who knows what new developments will take place in the intervening time?

[edit - typo]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 12:11:59 by TerryRussell »

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 21:37:14 »

The fact that something is in Pro does not mean it will be in Extremes. Pro costs 200 times as much, roughly, so it would be silly to imagine you will get any of the features automatically.
Well I know that and I've even posted that to fellow members advising them of such. For example, look earlier on in this topic.

Integrity has got nothing to do with it.. We're wondering why a product that hasn't been released yet is already in nautical colleges.

Try and keep with what has been asked and not divert to something different. ::)
Regards,
James

TerryRussell

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 12:14:07 »

What makes you think that Vstep owes you an explanation, exactly?

TJK

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 13:02:27 »

Can we wait to the SS extreme are out and see watt that v-step has maked for us, then wee can talk about the game, what are all the speculation about, maybe all complaining and speculation are the reason that the game are been late  ;)
Let V-Step get the work don and soon we can bay the SS extreme in the shop and then we can see all the new feature and wait for the updates and then it's time to give all the developer a big hand for siting their in the hot office to make more fun to us all.
wishes to the new Sim yes but do i think it a bit to late now? yes i do the game are soon out and all of us will be happy, OK not all then but mostly all someone are  complaining all the time  even they not have something to complain at
TJK

TerryRussell

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2009, 16:11:10 »

Oh gosh, if the cause of delays was all the speculation, nothing would ever get released!  ;D

zach071591

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 09:24:58 »

What I do know, is that, they will have the water graphics and physics that they have in the Professional Version, in the 2010 Version. and The water will actually be REAL! Or I remember a video saying that or something, just in a scaled down version.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:27:57 by zach071591 »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 10:10:45 »

What I do know, is that, they will have the water graphics and physics that they have in the Professional Version, in the 2010 Version. and The water will actually be REAL! Or I remember a video saying that or something, just in a scaled down version.

Oh no, that'll make my computer wet...

Oh well, better get out the old swimming goggles...

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 13:20:08 »

Actually, VSTEP have mentioned on a number of occasions that the wave system in the Pro version is NOT the wave system for SS Extremes.

And.. Welcome to the forum, zach071591.  :thumbs:

Fred.

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 13:32:18 »

Looking at the released images, it looks as though they are using some kind of new wave/wake system? ???

It would be great if they released some more teasing images. ;D
Regards,
James

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 13:42:41 »

If the wave is hitting the pier without any splashes & water fog - I could say that they didn't went too far from SS08 in improving game. :sleepy:
Just some improved water surface, dynamics & some other...  From those first screenshots - the sky is still kinda 2d texture with "drawn" on it clouds above the environment. :P
And with adding more & more ships without any serious improvements & additions I think their success won't last for a long time.

Come on, attack me for what I said!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 13:47:24 by Wave Music »
keep it gnarly

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 13:46:46 »

We can only see what happens. I'm looking forward to it, either way!

Any improvements are good, but I hope that the first main thing they sort out is MP - That's in a mess, at the moment.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 15:34:53 »

Shipsim is still new when you compere it to flightsim. But they are getting there slowly and if they get to the point where it can be other comnpanys can make ships and harbours for it like flight sim now then it could really start to go places. But for a small company they are doing a very good job.  :captain:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 15:42:04 »

I think the problem there, Biggles, is that unlike 'the other ship simulator, *s' that there is a bit more too it than that. If you have a look at the slide show (the address is in the 'unlocking secrets of 2010) then you'll see what goes into making ships and terrain work in the sim.

And I'm not too sure if I'd like to see SS full of sketchup models, to be honest.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 15:56:19 »

And I'm not too sure if I'd like to see SS full of sketchup models, to be honest.

Many people seem to have this perception about Sketchup being bad. Take a look at Fred's models, he makes them in Sketchup, Including the car ferries that he made. If I saw those rendered, and nobody told me what software they were made in, I'd guess 3D Max, or something along those lines.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 15:59:55 »

The result is important, not the software in which the model was made. I'll wait & see if Fred's ferries will mke into SS.
And Stu, FYI Sketchup is somehow involved in SS.
keep it gnarly

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 16:06:16 »

Fred has his targets ;)

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 16:15:54 »

And Stu, FYI Sketchup is somehow involved in SS.

I was really trying to politely say that most of the models created here on this forum are just not up to the standard that Vstep will take on and add into the game.

I used to use professional CAD stuff years back, and find sketchup 'somewhat limited'. Most of the more basic models ARE sketchup. And I'm not singling anyone out as I haven't even seen Freds models.

I am interested to know how sketchup IS somehow involved in SS... Over to you.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Biggles1975

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 16:19:27 »

I know there is alot involved in putting ships into this sim and therefore thats why VSTEP are the only ones making ships. But the ships in the game do what they are ment to do and that is show us how real ships behave and I hope as the VSTEP grows more will get added to the ships. But i'll rather have the other parts of the sim worked on first such as weather and ports than worry too much about the ships. ;)

Captain Darling

• Forum member
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 17:22:47 »

Come on, attack me for what I said!
Why would I "attack" you for what you said? All to their own opinions. ;)
Regards,
James

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 17:51:39 »

Yes, Freds models are indeed impressive.

I'm not too sure of a polite way to put it, so all I can say is have a look at all the models that have been made on this forum and consider the designer AND the programme...

I'm not too convinced it IS the programme, but was trying to be polite.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2009, 03:24:32 »

Thanks for those very kind words!!  :thumbs:

You are of course right, Stu.

It's both in the program, aswell as the user. Just cause you have a Spitfire, doesn't mean you are an ace combat pilot, to use a corny analogy.

In theory, Sketchup can prodoce a good enough 3D model to make it into the game. BUT..  a lot of the other steps in the creative proces that leads to a playable ship, will have to be done with 'better' software, still.

Sketchup is free for a reason. It lacks a lot of the necessary tools to do the whole job. It's powerful on some areas, but simply can't match the professional, expensive software. You pay for a reason, there's no free substitute for thousands of Dollars/Euros/Pounds worth of software.

But because Sketchup is free and very easy to use, just about anyone can have a go at modeling now. You will never see beginners buying 3DSMAX just to have a go. And so many more beginners in the user base, means that the output is equally..well.. beginnerish..  :P

90% of models found on the Sketchup 3D Warehouse are just not very good. No disrespect to anyone of course, we all have to start somewhere. And not everyone can do the same stuff as good as the next guy.

Fred

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2009, 10:46:45 »

Thanks for those very kind words!!  :thumbs:
U bent het meeste welkom!

In theory, Sketchup can prodoce a good enough 3D model to make it into the game. BUT..  a lot of the other steps in the creative proces that leads to a playable ship, will have to be done with 'better' software, still.
You put it better than I did... But I think you know what I was dying to say!

Many of the sketchup users are bragging about how they made it in 38 minutes... etc  ::) Rather than saying how much better they did this time than last time... As I said, I used to use CAD professionaly in the early 90s (things have errr... progressed since then!)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:09 »

Like I said, a fair bit of it is down to the user... and most, but clearly not all, of the sketchup users are at the earlier end of their learning curve and far from putting ships in SS.

Most, but not all.... PLEASE, PLEASE try to concentrate on those four little words, with four syllables and thirteen letters (only nine of which are unique).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines