Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 04:43:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Redjet 4  (Read 2677 times)

ravi

• Forum member
Redjet 4
« on: July 31, 2007, 13:28:05 »

Hi Everyone

I received my cd verison of Ship sim yesterday and I have been with it all time.I think it is great.I  had a look at the cockpit picture of red jet 4 from the net and It appears that It does not have a steering wheel and it is steered by joystics that are located in the armrest of the seat.
                                I am wondering why did the developers who made the redjet 4 so real miss this . That is the only thing i found every thing else is very good.
                                            Ravi

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:26:02 by ravi »

Vecten

• Forum member
Re: Redjet 4
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 14:13:57 »

Something else about the redjet. It goes nowhere near Southampton Docks. The terminal is near the River Itchen - you seem to have added about 25 minutes to the journey time. I used it to commute to work each day, an extra 25 minutes would have made me hand in my notice.

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 19:16:00 »

Something else about the redjet. It goes nowhere near Southampton Docks. The terminal is near the River Itchen - you seem to have added about 25 minutes to the journey time. I used it to commute to work each day, an extra 25 minutes would have made me hand in my notice.

You are incorrect, Red Funnel has two terminals in Southampton, Terminal 1 for Car traffic which is based alongside the Royal Peir - this is correct in SS08, Terminal 2 if the High Speed Passenger service and it is based on Town Quay - this is the home of the Red Jets, however it is not correct in SS08 as the pontoon does not exist. Both Royal Peir and Town Quay are on the River Test (thats the one that continues up to the container port).

There was a time when the Car Ferry ran into the Empress Dock (off of the River Itchen) but that was (and still is) used when the Royal Peir berth is unavailable for one reason or another.

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 19:17:25 »

Further, the complete journey time from Southampton to Cowes or Cowes to Southampton on the High Speed service is listed as 22 mins.  The car ferry is listed at 55mins.

patriot

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 01:31:36 »

can you make a picture of that? Id love to visit it ingame. :)

ravi

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 08:24:03 »

Hi
  I just wanted point out that redjet 4 is actually  steerd by joysticks are not wheels.The developers have given it a wheel thats all.I hope that developers will have a look at it.Earlier all the Ships and boats had a wheel for steering.Now things are changing.All the modern cruiseliners that are built today incuding Queen mary 2 and Freedom of the seas have no rudder any more they are steered by joysticks which command the azipod system.Joystics are replacing wheels in submarines and modern  ferries.
                I must say this.The Ship Ship 2008 is a very good work.I have been using Msflight simulator since since 1992.The earler versions are very basic .How ever Today  it has become so real that even real world airline pilots are using it at home to hone their  flying skills.
                 The Ship sim 2008 is very realistic in many ways.Especialy the Titanic.I can clearly  say no other Ship sim in the world has got it so close.I can very well say this is a very true to life simulation of ships and We must all thank the developers for making a software that will give us a feel close to commanding a cruiseliner.Of course there are some flaws.I am sure every one makes mistakes in the beginning.I am sure that they will learn and make improvements (This is only the second version).With user feed back I am sure that Ship sim  will becaome very successful like microsoft flight simulator

Ravi

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 13:00:05 by ravi »

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 09:28:30 »

Some pictures (from within SS08) of the Red Funnel berths in Southampton...

In this one you will see RJ4 coming alongside the old high speed berth.  This is no longer used for passengers but is ised as a lay up berth for the jets that are not being used in service.

The left side of the pontoon is the car ferry berth.

To the far left is an old berth that was originally used for older generation car ferries and is now also a lay off berth for the red jets (normally Red Jet 1 or 2).

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:32:34 »

This picture is where the current High Speed service opperates from.  However the pontoon used has not been modeled.

Directly in front of the Jet (where the blue hulled yaught is) is the berth of the Hythe-Southampton Passenger ferry.

In the background you can see the Royal Peir and the Car ferry berth from my previous post.

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 09:35:00 »

This picture is where the Car Ferry has used in the past when the Royal Peir berth has been unavailable (i.e. after Red Falcon hit the linkspan and broke it).

The linkspan (not shown) should be in the top corner.

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 10:03:48 »

Here in East Cowes is the Car Ferry Terminal.

muns

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 10:04:53 »

And finally, Red Jet 4 along side the High Speed terminal in West Cowes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines