Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 22:51:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: (Our ship) The Spirit of Ethan Allen 3.  (Read 14112 times)

firestar12

(Our ship) The Spirit of Ethan Allen 3.
« on: May 15, 2009, 21:18:34 »

We have a ferry called the Spirit of Ethan Allen over here where I live. Here are some pictures. I just knew I had to show her off. Let me know what you think of her.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: (Our ship) The Spirit of Ethan Allen 3.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 22:22:59 »

Great little Ferry  :)

Do you have a stern shot? Does she take cars, or just foot passengers?

firestar12

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 18:16:50 »

Just foot passengers. I will find a stern shot for you. There are not any good ones but when I go on her I will take PLENTY interior and exterior shots. Maybe this could be a next project after Volgo Balt and SSUS. But this will be good because, I will meet with them in person to discuss any copyright issues. Our city is right on the 6th largest lake in the US. Here is where I live.

EDIT: TFM, you can probably find some good shots of the stern on the ship's website:
www.soea.com

TJK

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 18:27:35 »

Pretty girls that ops, nice ship/ ferry Pretty she is  hungry to see this http://www.soea.com/SOEA_gallery.html  i will have a trip with her when i visit
Tore
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 18:30:27 by TJK »

firestar12

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 18:30:36 »

Thanks, I would love to model her after all my other projects. I like her size, not too big, not too small.
Edit: Typo.

TJK

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 18:34:27 »

Can you get the blue print of her she is not so difficult to modeling i think
Tore

firestar12

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 18:35:58 »

I might be able too meet with the owners in real life! But yeah, this ship would not be so hard to model. I probably could give her full interior too! I think this ship would be my bets detail, I feel like I have not been able to show my full abilities to you guys yet. :P

TJK

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 18:39:05 »

I might be able too meet with the owners in real life! But yeah, this ship would not be so hard to model. I probably could give her full interior too! I think this ship would be my bets detail, I feel like I have not been able to show my full abilities to you guys yet. :P
well i will wait and see watt you come up with, and more i see on the home page more sure if i shall over their, a trip with here are on the program that for sure
Tore

firestar12

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 18:40:43 »

well i will wait and see watt you come up with, and more i see on the home page more sure if i shall over their, a trip with here are on the program that for sure
Tore
Are you saying you would go visit her one day? She is very nice.

TJK

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 18:43:53 »

Are you saying you would go visit her one day? She is very nice.
Yes i will and i have this Murder Mystery Dinner Cruise i will try to book it for 2010 here and seems to be a nice cruise i shall over their in 2010.you have given me a good tips
Tore
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 18:45:36 by TJK »

firestar12

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 18:49:20 »

Haha...yeah...It is too bad she only goes on the lake. She would do great on the open sea. One time when I was little when I was on her, there were 15 foot waves in a storm, but the ship preformed beautifully. ;D She probably will only be around for 6-8 years though before they get a Spirit of Ethan Allen 4. :-\

TJK

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 18:56:09 »

Haha...yeah...It is too bad she only goes on the lake. She would do great on the open sea. One time when I was little when I was on her, there were 15 foot waves in a storm, but the ship preformed beautifully. ;D She probably will only be around for 6-8 years though before they get a Spirit of Ethan Allen 4. :-\
yes pity, she cud start here in Kristiansand Norway lol

firestar12

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 19:04:09 »

Maybe, I would love to see her do transatlantic cruises. I know she is not built for it but it would be very interesting to see.

TJK

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2009, 19:12:56 »

But anyway I'm sold see the lovely picks over the lake and 2010 wee are their

firestar12

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 19:15:52 »

Yeah, people come from all over the world to see the lake. She is only that beautiful in the summer time though. In the winter, she is good for walking on. She can be good for swimming though too. She has tons of shipwrecks too, dating to before the revolutionary war. They still find more and more of them, even today!

TJK

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 19:20:23 »

Yeah, people come from all over the world to see the lake. She is only that beautiful in the summer time though. In the winter, she is good for walking on. She can be good for swimming though too. She has tons of shipwrecks too, dating to before the revolutionary war. They still find more and more of them, even today!

so i need diving equipment to LOL and rent a ship for a week or two  :lol:

firestar12

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 19:23:50 »

If you really wanted to, you can rent out the entire ship for a day. Imagine that. Just you and your wife on the entire ship. And the crew too of coarse. It costs a lot though.

TJK

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 19:27:00 »

If you really wanted to, you can rent out the entire ship for a day. Imagine that. Just you and your wife on the entire ship. And the crew too of coarse. It costs a lot though.
Yes trot, but money don't grow on trees here in Norway eider  :lol:

firestar12

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 19:29:54 »

Oh, thats weird. Here in America, everyone has a money tree in their backyard. ??? ;D
Here is a picture of mine.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 19:31:39 by Firestar »

TJK

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 19:32:12 »

Oh, thats weird. Here in America, everyone has a money tree in their backyard. ??? ;D
yes i tot so , that cos the rest of the world have a finance crises, strange US have it to they say lol

mvsmith

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 20:21:12 »

It would be nice if VSTEP would model Lake Champlain. We could duke it out with the Brits again—speedboats vs hovercrafts in MP.

firestar12

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 20:49:13 »

It would be nice if VSTEP would model Lake Champlain. We could duke it out with the Brits again—speedboats vs hovercrafts in MP.
lol...have you ever been there Marty?

mvsmith

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 21:30:45 »

lol...have you ever been there Marty?

A long time ago, when I lived in New Jersey, we would drive up there about once a year. I have relatives around Hudson, NY—on visits to them, we would often drive further north to the Adirondacks, Vermont, Quebec, etc.
Beautiful country!

firestar12

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 21:34:38 »

A long time ago, when I lived in New Jersey, we would drive up there about once a year. I have relatives around Hudson, NY—on visits to them, we would often drive further north to the Adirondacks, Vermont, Quebec, etc.
Beautiful country!

Haha...I live in Vermont! Isn't Lake Champlain just beautiful? I go there about once a week.

firestar12

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2009, 21:42:25 »

Damn, I wish. I used to. I live a little further away now. But not too far away. When I am older, I am going to move back to B-town as its called by the gangstas.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines