Hello Guest September 22, 2024, 18:23:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Swine Flu-Opinions  (Read 4334 times)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Swine Flu-Opinions
« on: May 03, 2009, 17:33:05 »

Hi guys,

We've all heard on the news lately about this Swine Flu, and I thought I might as well make a topic about it-Gives us all something to talk about dosen't it :lol:

Well anyway, My personal opinion on it is that it's all very over the top. Currently, I've got the normal flu (Yes, I know, very bad timing with all this about Swine Flu ::)), But I don't go running around thinking I've got Swine Flu :lol:

What's your opinion on it?

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

Re: Swine Flu-Opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 17:40:32 »

What's your opinion on it?

Jack.

Oink.  :evil:

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 17:41:50 »

My opinion evil  :evil:
All ahead full!

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 17:52:20 »

Kind Regards,
Jack.

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 17:57:40 »

I think the cautions that are being made in the USA are pretty good and effective but I think the turning international flights around and not letting them land in the USA is kind of stupid.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 18:43:00 »

I think the cautions that are being made in the USA are pretty good and effective but I think the turning international flights around and not letting them land in the USA is kind of stupid.

Silly question, but would a flight from, say London, flying to Americ, to be told to turn around... would they have enough fuel to get back to London?

Personally, at the moment the media, as usual, are hyping it up...

I'm still waiting for Bird Flu...

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 20:31:58 »

So far five planes with complaining passengers have been forced to land a Boston Logan International (Right Near me) and have the suspected passenger sent off to Mass-General hospital and then the plane refuels and heads back to your side of the ocean. :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 20:59:23 »

I just read that a farmer in Alberta (Canada), just returned from a trip to Mexico, has infected his pigs with the Mexican flu..

Second Mate

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 21:07:46 »

i work for a pharmaceutical manufacturer & we are looking to boost production of antvirals & antibiotics.

bsm2003

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 21:27:50 »

First of all it's a non starter. Less than 30 confirmed deaths around the world. All but 1 in Mexico. In the US alone over 35,000 people die each year from the regular flu.

AS The Ferry Man says

It's being hyped here to cause a distraction from something else and to also invoke another power grab by the feds.

Never get caught with your head in the head.

Second Mate

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 21:33:38 »

First of all it's a non starter. Less than 30 confirmed deaths around the world. All but 1 in Mexico. In the US alone over 35,000 people die each year from the regular flu.

AS The Ferry Man says

It's being hyped here to cause a distraction from something else and to also invoke another power grab by the feds.

it may appear like that, only time will tell, maybe months or even a couple of years

matt5674

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 21:33:54 »

y brother said that the Swine-Flu had gotten to where my cousins live, Luray, Indiana, but my cousins were not infected with Swine-Flu. My home state, Kentucky doesn't got the Swine-Flu anywhere here yet. So if your near Kentucky, come over to the Blue-Grass state to not get the SF(Swine-Flu itnitials). I am not being mean. If Kentucky does have the SF, I would have said:"oink oink oink, oink oink oink oink." :2thumbs: :thumbs: But I think the USA is not the place where the largest number of swine flu deaths. So it is like the Swine Flu barely exists at all. So I thnink there is nothing to worry about.

RMSGreatBritain

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:09 »

Just a media over-exxagerration. like bird flu really, we didnt all die from that did we.............
DiamondEagleDB09rms On youtube! Now with New Playlist!
<br />Thanks to TJK for this awesome Sig!

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 18:54:04 »

Currently, I've got the normal flu (Yes, I know, very bad timing with all this about Swine Flu ::)), But I don't go running around thinking I've got Swine Flu :lol:

I've been suffering as well over the last few days - colleague at work offered to get me some 'oinkment'  ::)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 19:02:53 »

Just Curious here, but what symptoms have you been getting?

I've been having really bad problems, trying to keep my balance is hard, loss of appetite, Heavy Head, sleepiness, shivering, waking up in a really bad sweat :( :thumbdown:

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Quaysider

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 19:14:01 »

Just Curious here, but what symptoms have you been getting?

I've been having really bad problems, trying to keep my balance is hard, loss of appetite, Heavy Head, sleepiness, shivering, waking up in a really bad sweat :( :thumbdown:

Jack.

All but the balance problem - also very sore throat at times and lots of coughing fits. All gone now except the coughing fits... Curiously also my taste buds have gone to sleep. I never used to have colds/flu this bad but just over a year ago I had my tonsils removed (which are part of the immune/defdence system) and colds etc have been a lot worse

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 20:23:03 »

in my opinoin its interesting, i dont worry about it, but it sticks in the back of my mind as its in New York City and thats only 70 miles away and people constantly go down there and people from the city constantly come up here, i think its just a matter of time before it spreads to my area. :P

firestar12

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 00:49:19 »

Yes, scaring Americans seems to be very profitable huh? ;D

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 08:40:25 »

I have so far just watched hype, hype and hype and more hype from Norwegian media. :thumbdown:
We are not talking about the 1918 flu pandemic here which killed 70-100 million people worldwide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic. So just relax folks and enjoy the life :thumbs:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 09:04:45 »

Naaa, I'm certainly not worried about it, thats for sure :evil:

Though Fred and his unicycle have already flown off into the sky, along with Terry and his evil minions in his space/marmite craft ;D :lol:

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Timbo

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 09:33:18 »

Hi All,
Just to take your mind of it a remedy for swine flu
available now from your local chemist,(Joke !).
Found on a newsgroup at the weekend.

Subject: Swine flu remedy

http://sites.google.com/site/ukfrogman/remedy

Cheers Timbo  :2thumbs: ;D ;D

TerryRussell

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 16:10:36 »

Naaa, I'm certainly not worried about it, thats for sure :evil:

Though Fred and his unicycle have already flown off into the sky, along with Terry and his evil minions in his space/marmite craft ;D :lol:

Jack.

Actually, it's business as usual for me. As a type I diabetic, even a common cold can flatten me for a week or two. The last time I had flu I was almost killed by it. But that was 15 years ago. (That was about the last time I was ill with anything, so far as I can recall).

But this version seems to be pretty insignificant, so I take the view that if my body isn't immune to it, I'll catch it somewhere at some stage. I therefore haven't modified my travel plans.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 16:36:34 »

Jack

Try calling the swine flu help line - all you get is crackling

Mike

:doh: :doh:

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 16:38:03 »